2015 Preakness

Comments

• So only 6 horses in the Preakness! That has to be the shortest field in a long time. Kind of glad of it really, a nice change from the stampede of the Derby.
  • @KMM yes I am going to be making another game for the Preakness. I just need a field before the game can start. Right now I know that American Pharoah, Diving Rod, Dortmund, and Firing Line are pointed towards the Preakness. I just need the other horses.
    Danzig Moon, Bodhisattva, Tale of Verve, and (possibly) Grand Bili are listed as contenders on the Preakness website. We'll know for sure after the post draw. Grand Bili is listed as "pending"; the others are "confirmed."
  • Preakness Stakes: Sal Sinatra Prepping for First Preakness:
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    edited May 2015
    Some serious weirdness going on with Mr. Z. Lukas took him to Baltimore, seemingly against Zayat's wishes. Lukas seems to reaaaaally want to run him in the Preakness, if one of the comments made by him ("he'll run in the Preakness or he won't run at all") are real. Some tweets going on about the situation here: https://twitter.com/KentuckyDerbyCJ

And an actual article: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/preakness/2015/05/12/preakness-stakes-2015--mr-z-to-baltimore-but-not-for-triple-crown-race/27170039/
  • weirdness for sure. just wow.
  • That's weird. And isnt it up to the owners what races they do and don't race in.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Oh, it may be chatter from owner and breeder. From what I read, did not seem so controversial. But I may have missed the owner / trainer main exchange. Fill me in guys in what I missed.
  • KMMKMM Member
    There may be rain for Preakness. Do we have any successful mudders in lime up?
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    American Pharoah won in the slop in the Rebel.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Good to know. He may indeed have it all things considered.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Not only won. Every impressively. It`s a must watch to get the feel for this horses talent.
  • Some serious weirdness going on with Mr. Z. Lukas took him to Baltimore, seemingly against Zayat's wishes. Lukas seems to reaaaaally want to run him in the Preakness, if one of the comments made by him ("he'll run in the Preakness or he won't run at all") are real. Some tweets going on about the situation here: https://twitter.com/KentuckyDerbyCJ

And an actual article: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/preakness/2015/05/12/preakness-stakes-2015--mr-z-to-baltimore-but-not-for-triple-crown-race/27170039/

I read about this earlier! I was wondering if I kept reading everything wrong.... Guess I'm not incorrect. But the more I think about it, the weirder it gets: is D. Wayne Lukas going SENILE or something?? He cannot possibly be ignorant enough to defy the wishes of Mr. Z's owners and go on running the Preakness with a horse that CLEARLY needs a break.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Did not get opinion from content. what am I missing?, trainer's son made some of comments. Enlighten me. I must be missing something.
  • @Casey, you're well acquainted with the Zayats: do you have any idea what's going on with this?? This is very out of character for D. Wayne Lukas, who is a well respected trainer..... But maybe not, after this stunt.
  • jaefeatheredjaefeathered Member
    edited May 2015
    I read an article about it earlier (can't remember where exactly - Bloodhorse maybe?), but DWL had a quote that said he hasn't actually discussed it with Zayat yet, which I find hard to believe, but that he's confident he'll run. Wasn't Zayat's alternative running Mr. Z on turf a week or two after the Preakness? Still not much of a break if it's true.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Uh oh...divining rod is starting to give me the spooks.
  • Why's that, @tincup?
  • Are you afraid there will be another Barbaro incident? Or it will just remind you of it?
  • My local papers are running articles that claim Pharoah was completely wasted at the end of the Derby. I didn't get that impression. Instead I am reminded that Secretariat had a very small field in the Preakness. Not saying Pharoah is as great as Secretariat. Just saying he might be intimidating some owners or trainers because they think he's good.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Why's that, @tincup?
    I generally take my time absorbing new horses into any division reasoning they are only taking the space left open by better but tiring division leaders. Usually spot on except when late brilliance finally catches up like bernardini. First parallel
  • The reason there's such a small field in the Preakness is because EVERYONE knows that they have the best chance at beating American Pharaoh with a fresh horse at a distance his pedigree and running style shouldn't be able to get. The Preakness should be relatively easy for American Pharaoh, but he should still keep on his toes.... As Firing Line is an intimidating adversary, and Dortmund does well at shorter distances.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Next, l look deeper to see if this guy can really get to the established order...I find precious kitten, one of my all time favorites. Now I just love the horse and start remembering everything from that time and digging deeper into the pedigree and get to a mare named..danger ahead...
  • edited May 2015
    Well, since it's such a small field, I'm going to list them all according to how I think they will finish...

1. Dortmund
    2. Divining Rod
    3. American Pharoah
    4. Firing Line
    5. Danzig Moon
    6. Mr. Z
    7. Bodhisattva
    8. Tale of Verve