2015 Preakness

Comments

• Word around the camp fire is that Calumet bought Mr. Z and they are running him in the Preakness. Supposedly this has been in the works for awhile. Hmmm
  • Yeah I just saw the article on Bloodhorse about it. Crazy stuff!
  • tincuptincup Member
    The symbolic...danger ahead...wasn't for a horse, it was a warning sign for my head. I didn't need to spend anytime on tapit as we all know him so well, but l was curious about the cross with precious kitten. Here was a beautiful mare out of the Roberto line with tapit and it reminded me of of another. That took me to kittens races and found the gallorette win at Pimlico on preakness day 2007. ...another parallel..
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited May 2015
    Preakness Stakes ‏@PreaknessStakes Wed May 13 2015
    Mr. Z will be entered in the Preakness under new ownership (Calumet Farm)
    for trainer D. Wayne Lukas

FYI-Mr Z will run in the Calumet colors

Interesting observation
    David M. Miller tweet Wed. May 12
    He hails from dam line that yielded Mr. Prospector, Seattle Slew and newly minted
    Line of David, a stallion outfit buying Mr. Z makes sense
  • RachelRachel Member
    Yup just saw the news.
    http://live.drf.com/nuggets/14947

That is a list of all the horses
  • Glad to know D. Wayne Lukas wasn't "going rogue." Haha
  • tincuptincup Member
    I finally ended up at label and it was like walking back in time. The sheep were grazing beneath a giant tree and sheppard putting his string of horses through their paces. I was reminded of showing up and George Washington and of course barbaro. That warning sign wasn't for my head, it was for my heart.
  • American Pharoah Prepares for Preakness;
  • Yeah I just saw the article on Bloodhorse about it. Crazy stuff!
    Mr. Z Bought by Calumet, Entered in Preakness

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91945/mr-z-bought-by-calumet-entered-in-preakness#ixzz3a2zxqOtF
  • D. Wayne Lukas: Why Mr. Z Should Run:
  • Preakness Stakes: The Kentucky Horses Arrive at Pimlico:
  • Preakness Stakes: Bob Baffert Comments on Arrival of Preakness Contenders:
  • If you did my Who Do You Think Will Win game for the Derby make sure you get your picks in for the Preakness.
  • 2015 Preakness Stakes Draw:
  • Preakness: Post Position Draw Update:
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    I just dropped a whole lot of expletives because of Mr. Z. I'm surprised mainly because Zayat was making some pretty definitive statements regarding Mr. Z's career. Hope he doesn't regret the sale.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Both The Pharo and Dortmund inside Mr. Z. The whole thing has a different feel. What do think? Just send the pharo for a wire to wire try and let Dortmund dealing with Lukas and Mr. Z. He`s big and strong enough.
  • I just dropped a whole lot of expletives because of Mr. Z. I'm surprised mainly because Zayat was making some pretty definitive statements regarding Mr. Z's career. Hope he doesn't regret the sale.

You know, I'm wondering if Justin Zayat sold Mr. Z without Ahmed Zayats' knowledge? Because Ahmed Zayat was genuinely puzzled as to why Mr. Z was being sent to Pimlico AGAINST his wishes. Nothing about Mr. Z's predicament makes any sense.
  • edited May 2015
    I really doubt that is the case. From what I've heard, Mr. Zayat is the total head of that family and no one would be going behind his back, even Justin. IMO

I don't think he was puzzled, he was waiting for the deal to be finalized.
  • KMMKMM Member
    And on to the races! Much smaller field. Should be speedier race unless muddy track slows everybody down. Could be wire to wire with dueling in every part of race. Shortest of TC races. Have to think about this one. Funny comments in Blood horse story about AP's position drawing 1 post_, that Dortmund was sent out as a rabbit for AP...huh??? No way. Almost sounds illegal as Baffert would be sacrifing one of his trainees for another owned by different people.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Haha. Have to laugh. Thought story about Sinatra was about another horse entering Preakness, not about person. Article in Blood horse.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    I just dropped a whole lot of expletives because of Mr. Z. I'm surprised mainly because Zayat was making some pretty definitive statements regarding Mr. Z's career. Hope he doesn't regret the sale.

You know, I'm wondering if Justin Zayat sold Mr. Z
    without Ahmed Zayats' knowledge? Because Ahmed Zayat was genuinely puzzled as to why Mr. Z was being sent to Pimlico AGAINST his wishes. Nothing about Mr. Z's predicament makes any sense.
    No, Justin would never do that without Ahmed's approval or knowledge. The Zayats will sell horses and perhaps Calumet wants to stand Mr. Z. Zayats breed for racing and don't keep all of their stallions.
  • T'was just a thought. Since this is all so very bizarre, I thought perhaps bizarre explanations were responsible.
  • Well, there's no reason that I can see that Mr. Z will be less well off or mistreated in any way. Calumet will take good care of him.