2015 Preakness

Comments

• This isn't addressed at anyone in particular, because I've seen it in numerous threads by numerous people, but there is no "Diving Rod" in the Preakness. There is, however, a Divining Rod. I thought it was just a typo but it seems pretty prevalent and it's been bothering me haha.
  • This isn't addressed at anyone in particular, because I've seen it in numerous threads by numerous people, but there is no "Diving Rod" in the Preakness. There is, however, a Divining Rod. I thought it was just a typo but it seems pretty prevalent and it's been bothering me haha.
    LOL. I just noticed that! I knew his name was "Divining Rod", so I read it that way whenever it was typed. Good catch!
  • Possible trivia...Divining Rod I think is a small tree limb used to detect water in the ground by special, talented persons. They walk holding the 'rod' out front and it dips toward the ground if water is 'sensed'. Reminds me of the pointer when using a 'we-gee' board.
  • linvolklinvolk Member
    Just thinking about the story of Mr. Z nibbling AP's tail when they were youngsters. I'm thinking AP learned to run so fast to save the rest of his butt!! I'm rooting for AP and wish Mr. Z and the whole field a safe trip.
  • Bob Baffert Discusses Preakness Draw:
  • American Pharoah "Went Very Nice" Thursday:
  • Baffert Prepares for Preakness Saturday:
  • Preakness: Bob Baffert on American Pharoah and Dortmund:
  • Preakness News Update for May 14, 2015:
  • KMMKMM Member
    OK the whole Mr Z story is just wacky. Now Blood horse says he was on a scenic ride through WVA to look at scenery on way to Pimlico and was sold after 27 PC between _Zayat and Calumet. Now even say horses like rides in the country side families did a generation ago, how much can a horse see forward facing in a trailer? Tongue and cheek on my part and probably author of Bloodhorse article. :) :)
  • Actually, a while back Steve Haskin published a blog article about the great Broad Brush. His trainer used to take him out for rides in the country just because the horse loved them so.
  • That is one pretty pony with Firing Line! Does anyone know who has Preakness TV coverage?
  • I believe its NBC.
  • I believe its NBC.
    Thanks.

Awwww...Broad Brush....too cute. 'Want ride!'
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    NBC Sports Network will be televising the Preakness undercard from 2:30 pm - 4:30 PM. Then NBC takes over for the Preakness from 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM.

HRTV and TVG also provides Preakness coverage and will show the Preakness on tape delay soon after the race is completed.
  • NBCSN also has Pimlico coverage today from 3:00 - 5:00 leading up to the Black-Eyed Susan.
  • My handicapping strategy for the Preakness: AP heard that Mr. Z is entered so AP will run fast, fast to get away from him to protect his derriere and, with the shortest tail, AP will have less drag...
  • Preakness News Update for May 15:
  • Loved the Alex's Lemonade Stand/Afleet Alex piece! They should bring us more stories like that; show us past winners, where are they now pieces.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2015
    Wow! The rain is coming down really hard as they walk the horses to the starting gate! I think the horses might need flippers to swim through the track with all this water falling down right now.

They are now walking the horses near the gates to warm up in the heavy rain..this is insane!
    Okay...they are entering the posts now!
  • Now THAT was a race!
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2015
    Yeah! American Pharoah wins by over 5 lengths! He led from start to finish!

1. American Pharoah
    2. Tale of Verve
    3. Divining Rod
    4. Dortmund
    5. Mr. Z
    6. Danzig Moon
    7. Firing Line
    8. Bodhisattva
  • What was final time? I watched but then came to computer room. Lol.
  • LOL! The question asked of Victor Espinoza right after the race...Did you plan to stay up in front before the race?
    Victor: Originally no. But with the rain, I didn't want to be behind another horse.

This is a back-to-back win for Victor...we all know he won last year's Preakness on California Chrome. This jockey is "Hot"!
  • Now THAT was a race!
    Oh, YEAH!