Voting for Z's Next Boyfriend 2016

This maybe super early but I wanted to get a head start on this and it might help us with our long wait we have for another foal! So to start out I need to compile a list so anyone who wants to participate post your top 5 picks for Z below and I will pick the top 20 to be put on the main list. From there we will vote on those 20 horses. I am changing up the system a little this time to make it less confusing for me so this is how its gonna work.

Round One (Making the list)
- Everyone will post their top 5 horses
- Top 20 will make it on the list
Round Two
- From the list everyone will pick their top 4
- The top 15 will move on to the next round
Round Three
- Everyone will pick their top 3 from the list
- This round is where you should explain your reasoning behind your picks (This will help them advance to the next round)
- The top 10 horses will move on to the next round
Round Four
- Everyone will pick their top 2
- Again if you can explain your picks
- Top 5 will move to the final round
Round Five
- Everyone picks one horse from the list
- The horse with the most votes is the winner

RULES
- There is only one rule and that is to be nice and courteous to others. Everyone has their own opinions and those need to acknowledged so please be considerate that is all I ask!

The point of this is to pick the horse most likely to be Z's mate. Of course you can pick favorites but just remember the fun of it is picking as a group who we think the next mate will be for our Queen. It also meant to inform people about picks for breeding. This is mean't to educate. We have tons of extremely knowledgeable people on here and I personally would love to learn from them and I think this is a fun way to do it.

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    You don't need to do top 5 picks. I would suggest you let everyone post their own comments. This forum has many people with different backgrounds and levels of experience. Let them post their own choices. I don't think you can list all of the choices people want. I would suggest to let people make own recommendations. K
  • Curlin
    Union Rags
    Lonhro
    Noble Mission
    Kitten's Joy
  • @KMM you literally just post five stallions that you like its not that difficult I posted my five picks tli have more top stallions that I like but I picked five of them, not difficult.
  • 1. Medaglia d'Oro
    2. Afleet Alex
    3. Lemon Drop Kid
    4. Distorted Humor
    5. Hat Trick
  • I will start by posting my top 5 to get this going. Fingers crossed it actually takes off.
    In no particular order:
    1. Medaglia D' Oro
    2. Exchange Rate ( A++ on true nicks)
    3.Giants Causeway
    4. Candy Ride
    5. Malibu Moon

Some other options for people who have no idea where to start:
    Afleet Alex (Gainesway) rates an A++ with Z.
    Hard Spun (Darley) rates an A++
    Super Saver (Winstar) rates an A
    Fusiaichi Pegasus (A++)
  • You don't need to do top 5 picks. I would suggest you let everyone post their own comments. This forum has many people with different backgrounds and levels of experience. Let them post their own choices. I don't think you can list all of the choices people want. I would suggest to let people make own recommendations. K
    So the reason I am doing 5 picks is because this is supposed to be sort of a game. So that's why I want them to pick their own top 5 horses first. I did this previously and people seemed to enjoy it but if you don't want to participate in the game that's totally okay! You are welcome to add in your thoughts on people's picks and your own opinion. The whole point of this is to see what different people want and why they feel that way. It's just a fun way to do it. And I hope that everyone understands that I don't want to control people expressing their thoughts. It's just kind of fun to see who the majority picks and why.
  • @KMM, it's okay, this is how she's been doing it for a few years and it ends up working.

@Sierra, Do we have to do the hypothetical mating on them?
  • KMMKMM Member
    The way you have set it up, my opinion, I don't think it will work. I really Don'_t think you can limit roster to your choices. Other forum members, in my opinion, won't engage.
  • @KMM she has been doing this for years and it has worked so I font see how you think it won't work.
  • @louisecastello no you don't need to! I just did that for people if their were interested!
    @KMM Oh okay I see what you mean! I guess I will go for it for know hoping that 20 horses at least get more than one vote and if some tie I may extend it. If it doesn't work I will change it I am flexible though. But it's not my picks its everyone's. I have done this last year and everyone liked it so I am doing it again. If you have a better suggestion for how I can do the first list please let me know I would love to hear it! I am always open to suggestions!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Don't do votes, maybe later on when you see who people post. You are skewing results to who you think should be for top choices.
  • So as of right now I have
    1. Medaglia D'Oro (2 votes)
    2. Curlin
    3. Union Rags
    4. Lonhro
    5. Noble Mission
    6. Kitten's Joy
    7. Afleet Alex
    8. Lemon Drop Kid
    9. Distorted Humor
    10. Hat Trick
    11. Exchange Rate
    12. Giant's Causeway
    13. Candy Ride
    14. Malibu Moon
    These are not the final ones these are just ones that I already have votes for. You can (and I encourage you do if you want the horse) put anye one of these on your top 5 list so that they get votes. Remember 20 horses with the most votes will move on to round 2. So explain your choices maybe you will get some more people to vote for your horse. This mean't to educate people so learning about why you picked that horse (if you want to) is helpful to people who may not know where to start.
  • KMMKMM Member
    If you set it up this way, we are already limiting choices. Do it down the road
    . my advice. K
  • Don't do votes, maybe later on when you see who people post. You are skewing results to who you think should be for top choices.
    I don't understand how I am skewing results. It's everyone's choice I have just as much say as anyone else. If someone wanted to make sure that I did not embellish votes they could go back and count themselves. I am going to continue with the votes. It's fun people have liked in the past (I have gotten tons of people who have done it in the past) so I will continue. You don't need to participate if you don't want to.
  • KMMKMM Member
    If you post choices, it is not an open deliberation.
  • If you set it up this way, we are already limiting choices. Do it down the road
    . my advice. K
    I am not doing this tonight. I will wait a few days to put together the final list or until I feel everyone who wants to participate has gotten a chance. I am not just gonna end it when my horses are on top. Last year only one of my horses ended up in the top 10. This is not about me and my picks I am genuinely interested in everyone else's picks.

• KMMKMM Member
    Just let members post their choices not constrained by your predetermined list.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Hi all...
    Lonhro
    Hat Trick
    Donaraile Court.....cause he is so gorgeous
    California Chrome
    Bullet Train

• Just let members post their choices not constrained by your predetermined list.
    All I have got to say is that it's not my list and I am done defending my methods. You can watch how it works and then maybe you will better understand. You are welcome to share your opinions on different horses without participating in the game and I hope you will. I hope you understand that I am in no way trying to be nasty or mean in shutting you down. I just know that this isn't gonna get anywhere anytime soon so I am gonna gracefully bow out.
  • Hi all...
    Lonhro
    Hat Trick
    Donaraile Court.....cause he is so gorgeous
    California Chrome
    Bullet Train

I will add these asap! Thank you!
  • List so far:
    1. Medaglia D'Oro (2 votes)
    2. Curlin
    3. Union Rags
    4. Lonhro (2 votes)
    5. Noble Mission
    6. Kitten's Joy
    7. Afleet Alex
    8. Lemon Drop Kid
    9. Distorted Humor
    10. Hat Trick (2 votes)
    11. Exchange Rate
    12. Giant's Causeway
    13. Candy Ride
    14. Malibu Moon
    15. Donaraile Court
    16. California Chrome
    17. Bullet Train
    If they don't have anything next to them they only have one vote! So keep posting your top 5 so I will add them to the list! Also these are currently in no particular order. Eventually I will put them in order by number of votes.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I guess I cannot convince you. I won't play your game. It seems prejudiced by your own ratings. Oh well. You are your own person but doesn't theme the best strategy in my opinion. See you. Kmm
  • 1. Medaglia d'Oro, 2. Afleet Alex, 3. Giant's Causeway, 4. California Chrome, 5. Bullet Train
  • I guess I cannot convince you. I won't play your game. It seems prejudiced by your own ratings. Oh well. You are your own person but doesn't theme the best strategy in my opinion. See you. Kmm
    Thank you for your opinions they have made me think about how I can do this better but for now this is how I am gonna do it because it has worked in the past.
  • 1. Medaglia d'Oro, 2. Afleet Alex, 3. Giant's Causeway, 4. California Chrome, 5. Bullet Train
    I have added your horses! I will post another list tomorrow.