Who Do You Think Will Win?

Okay guys, since saturday is the Kentucky Derby I thought it would be kind of cool to see what we are thinking about the horses in the Kentucky Derby this year. So this is kind of what I wanted to do, instead of making this a vote I kind of wanted this to be an opinion type thing.
This is what I mean by that. I am going to list the 20 horses currently in the Kentucky Derby also including the five horses that could be put into the Kentucky Derby if one of the first 20 horses does not run in the Run For The Roses on Saturday. Pretty much you list the three horses that you think will do good, so pretty much your top three picks to win the Kentucky Derby. And the on Saturday to make it fun, I was thinking that we could post what order we think all of the Kentucky Derby runners will finish and what the final time might be. I will post an example later, just to show you what I mean by this.
Rules
1. out of the 25 horses (including the two back up horses) pick your top three picks for the 2015 Kentucky Derby
2. you only get ONE chance to post your top three picks, there is NO changing it after you post it
3. you can post your top three picks up until Saturday morning
4. you then have until POST-TIME to post the order that you think the horses will finish in the Kentucky along with posting what you think the final time for the 2015 Kentucky Derby will be
5. to decide the winner I will look at everyone who posted a finishing order of the Derby along with their time that they picked
6. the winner is who ever has the order of most horses correct. The time is the tie breaker. For example let's say that two members got the same number of horses correct the time would decide who the winner is

I am going to post an example below, I am going to be using the 2014 Kentucky Derby for the example though.

Here are the 25 horses that you can pick for the 2015 Kentucky Derby
1. International Star: Fusaichi Pegasus x Parlez
2. Dortmund: Big Brown x Our Josephina
3. Carpe Diem: Giant's Causeway x Rebridled Dreams
4. American Pharoah: Pioneerof The Nile x Littleprincessemma
5. Frosted: Tapit x Fast Cookie
6. Mubtaahij: Dubawi x Pennegale
7. Materiality: Afleet Alex x Wildwood Flower
8. El Kabeir: Scat Daddy x Great Venue
9. Upstart: Flatter x Party Silks
10. Far Right: Notional x Zindi
11. Itsaknockout: Lemon Drop Kid x Stormy B
12. Firing Line: Line Of David x Sister Girl Blues
13. Danzig Moon: Malibu Moon x Leaveminthedust
14. War Story: Northern Afleet x Belle Watling
15. Tencendur: Warrior's Reward x Still Secret
16. Stanford: Malibu Moon x Rosy Humor
17. Mr. Z: Malibu Moon x Stormy Bear
18. Ocho Ocho Ocho: Street Sense x Winner
19. Bolo: Temple City x Aspen Mountain
20. Keen Ice: Curlin x Medomak

Extra Horses
21. Frammento: Midshipman x Ginger Bay
22. Bold Conquest: Curlin x One For Jim
23. Metaboss: Street Boss x Spinning Yarns
24. Firespike: Flower Alley x Fairy Valley
25. Toasting Master: Congrats x Broadway Gold

Comments

• Dortmund by five
    Bolo second by a head to American Pharoah in third.
  • KMMKMM Member
    We already have a Kentucky Derby thread and a racing thread. What is this about? To me ( to me) it seems redundant and does not offer anything extra. Kmm
  • Here is the Example
    I used the 2014 Kentucky Derby Horses
    1. Vicar's In Trouble: Into Mischief x Vibrant
    2. Harry's Holiday: Harlan's Holiday x Daley Mason
    3. Uncle Sigh: Indian Charlie x Cradleson
    4. Danza: Street Boss x Champagne Royal
    5. California Chrome: Lucky Pulpit x Love The Chase
    6. Samraat: Noble Causeway x Little Indian Girl
    7. We Miss Artie: Artie Schiller x Athena's Gift
    8. General A Rod: Roman Ruler x Dynamite Eyes
    9. Vinceremos: Pioneerof The Nile x Kettle's Sister
    10. Wildcat Red: D'wildcat x Racene
    11. Dance With Fate: Two Step Salsa x Flirting With Fate
    12. Chitu: Henny Hughes x Sea Gin
    13. Medal Count: Dynaformer x Brisquette
    14. Tapiture: Tapit x Free Spin
    15. Intense Holiday: Harlan's Holiday x Intensity
    16. Commanding Curve: Master Command x Mother
    17. Candy Boy: Candy Ride x She's An Eleven
    18. Ride On Curlin: Curlin x Magical Ride
    19. Wicked Strong: Hard Spun x Moyne Abbey
    20: Hoppertunity: Any Given Saturday x Refugee (scratched)

Extra Horses:
    21. Pablo Del Monte: Giant's Causeway x One Hot Wish (scratched)

MY TOP THREE PICKS
    1. California Chrome
    2. Danza
    3. Ride On Curlin

MY ORDER OF FINISH
    1. California Chrome
    2. Danza
    3. Commanding Curve
    4. Wicked Strong
    5. Medal Count
    6. Dance With Fate
    7. Ride On Curlin
    8. Samraat
    9. We Miss Artie
    10. Chitu
    11. Tapiture
    12. Intense Holiday
    13. Candy Boy
    14. Uncle Sigh
    15. General A Rod
    16. Wildcat Red
    17. Vicar's In Trouble
    18. Harry's Holiday
    19. Vinceremos

MY TIME
    2 minutes 15 seconds 04 milliseconds (that is totally off I believe and not even close)
    NUMBER CORRECT

so lets say that I tied with someone on number of horses correct, but my time was closer to the actual time, then I would become the winner.

• We already have a Kentucky Derby thread and a racing thread. What is this about? To me ( to me) it seems redundant and does not offer anything extra. Kmm
    This is more of a game, not just updates. If it bothers you then don't comment on it. I'm sorry if I am sounding mean, but this is seriously just a little fun thing to do is that okay? Once again I am not trying to sound mean at all, its just my opinion.

• @weezie I got your picks. Thanks for playing haha, its just a fun little game to get in the Derby mood. Haha
  • KMMKMM Member
    Hey. Have at it. Not my game. Make up whatever games you want and play. I am not the forum police.
  • Hey. Have at it. Not my game. Make up whatever games you want and play. I am not the forum police.
    Its just to get in the mood for the Derby, its that time of year. Hopefully your not mad, I wasn't trying to be mean.

• Lol. I have always said Dortmund in the #1 spot but was thinking maybe Bolo for #2 just based on his dam and then I seen your comment and I like it!!
    Dortmund by five
    Bolo second by a head to American Pharoah in third.
  • @marepower? Would you like those to be your picks as well Dortmund, Bolo, and American Pharoah?
  • After reviewing the list, yes I will stick with these
  • Okay just making sure @marepower. Thanks for joining.
  • KMMKMM Member
    We already have the opportunity to do this with the racing game. Why on earth should I express any negative feelings about your games? Just thought it might be redundant. Have fun. K
  • Its not redundant but okay. and what racing game?
  • KMMKMM Member
    The betting game??? You do well at it. Kmm
  • I think American Pharoah, Dortmund, and Carpe Diem are the three best.
  • Okay @GiacomoFan I got you'r picks.
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited April 2015
    KMM, cut her some slack. CC1121 is very young and she likes to play games. No one is asking you to play, so just leave her alone. As you said, you are not the Forum Police, so stop trying to fill that roll. It's very, very annoying!!

There is plenty of room on the Forum for everyone. People have been starting and running games here for nearly 3 years. If they invent a game, they are free to make their own rules for it. Others can play and abide by the rules or stay out of the game. No one has ever felt it necessary to tell the game starter that her rules are no good. Why ever would you feel this is a good thing to do? What possible purpose can it serve other than to cause trouble and hard feelings? Start your own game with your own rules if you don't like someone else's games. You may get few people to play your game, but at least you won't have people telling you your rules are bad, or illogical, or stupid, or whatever. Or that starting that game is a bad idea. We don't do that.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    KMM, cut her some slack. CC1121 is very young and she likes to play games. No one is asking you to play, so just leave her alone. As you said, you are not the Forum Police, so stop trying to fill that roll. It's very, very annoying!!

There is plenty of room on the Forum for everyone. People have been starting and running games here for nearly 3 years. If they invent a game, they are free to make their own rules for it. Others can play and abide by the rules or stay out of the game. No one has ever felt it necessary to tell the game starter that her rules are no good. Why ever would you feel this is a good thing to do? What possible purpose can it serve other than to cause trouble and hard feelings? Start your own game with your own rules if you don't like someone else's games. You may get few people to play your game, but at least you won't have people telling you your rules are bad, or illogical, or stupid, or whatever. Or that starting that game is a bad idea. We don't do that.
    Amen!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    1-American Pharoah
    2-El Kabeir
    3-Carpe Diem
    ...this is not easy....so many really good ones this yr...

• ...this is not easy....so many really good ones this yr...
    This is a tremendous field. I have heard the strongest field in a number of years(2007 was the year mentioned ).

I concur!

• KMM, cut her some slack. CC1121 is very young and she likes to play games. No one is asking you to play, so just leave her alone. As you said, you are not the Forum Police, so stop trying to fill that roll. It's very, very annoying!!

thank you.
  • 1-American Pharoah
    2-El Kabeir
    3-Carpe Diem
    Agreed.
  • Since this is my game I of course should join in as well. So here are my top three picks.
    1. Dortmund
    2. Upstart
    3. Frosted
  • Quick Update
    Since this is just a little fun game, I will probably be doing this for the Preakness Stakes and for the Belmont Stakes. Later in the year I will probably do this for the Breeders Cup Races (all of them). The same rules would apply to each race, but the horses would be different.

Another Quick Update
    Would anyone who has done this game, like it if we did one for the Kentucky Oaks or do you think we should just keep it to just the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, Belmont Stakes, and then the Breeders Cup Races?
  • One of the stronger fields that I can remember

This is a tremendous field. I have heard the strongest field in a number of years(2007 was the year mentioned ).

I concur!

</blockquote