Who Do You Think Will Win?

Comments

• Okay so El Kabeir is out of the derby. So if @lauraj_cincinati would like to change one of your picks you may.
    Put Carpe Diem in as my third-place horse, please.

My time prediction: 2:00 4/5
  • If anyone had International Star, he's been scratched as well. Quarter crack.
  • Make sure you get your prediction on how you believe each horse will finish.
  • edited May 2015
    This is how I think they will finish. Make sure you get your Derby time and your order of finish posted BEFORE the race.

1. Dortmund
    2. Firing Line
    3. American Pharoah
    4. Frosted
    5. War Story
    6. Carpe Diem
    7. Ocho Ocho Ocho
    8. Bolo
    9. Materiality
    10. Mubtaahij
    11. Itsaknockout
    12. Mr. Z
    13. Upstart
    14. Far Right
    15. Keen Ice
    16. Danzig Moon
    17. Tendencur
    18. Frammento

My derby time
    2 minutes 01 seconds 4/5 milliseconds

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    1. American Pharoah
    2. Carpe Diem
    3. Frosted
    4. Mr. Z
    5. Dortmund
    6. Far Right
    7. Upstart
    8. Mubtaahij
    9. Bolo
    10. Materiality
    11. Ocho Ocho Ocho
    12. Firing Line
    13. War Story
    14. Dsnzig Moon
    15. Keen Ice
    16. Itsaknockout
    17. Tencendur
    18. Frammento

Time.....2:00....flat
  • KMMKMM Member
    Haven't seen many posts with entire field. Can you do separate tally with top 3?
  • What do you mean @KMM?
  • @carolinarkansas thank you got your posts.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Most people gave you win, place, and show...can you do a separate score for that if you don't have that many listing order of finish for entire field? Up to you.
  • Yes I can I would have to figure out how many points each place would earn.
  • The whole order of finish was way too much ... just keep it simple...the top 3 was enough. Just my opinion - for what's it worth...
  • I didn't have time to try to come up with a complete order of finish, but it would have been a complete guess anyway. I'm happy because the race was run safely, AP won, and they didn't touch the big guy's record. And CC, I'm impressed that you got Firing Line for place. You got the top three, with win and show reversed. Good going!
  • Lol funny. I actually got the top three right. Just in the wrong order. Told my ole man before the race, Dortmund's my boy but I have a feeling Victor was going to win. (posted in Kentucky Derby thread)
  • I didn't have time to try to come up with a complete order of finish, but it would have been a complete guess anyway. I'm happy because the race was run safely, AP won, and they didn't touch the big guy's record. And CC, I'm impressed that you got Firing Line for place. You got the top three, with win and show reversed. Good going!
    I also got the top three, wrong order. See post above

• KMMKMM Member
    I only got Dortmund right and in the right order. :(
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    Dang it Materiality! Haha very happy with AP's win though, excellent excellent excellent.
    I also got the top three, wrong order. See post above

Sorry I missed that, marepower. Congratulations! I got win and show right, but I was expecting Carpe Diem to finish better, and I didn't even really notice Firing Line. You, CC, and EliRose were apparently the only ones who thought Firing Line was a threat.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    I was a little confused by that actually! Firing Line drew a great deal more attention than many of the other "long" shots, besides Danzig Moon. And Gary Stevens was on board ;)
  • I based Firing Line on his race when it looked like he beat Dortmund and then Dortmund fired back. Thought he had some possible untapped talent
  • I am going to be making another game but this time for the Preakness Stakes. Thegame is going to be the same as the game for the Kentucky Derby game.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Maybe limit to top 3: win, place, show? I for one am not patient enough to go through listing all 14 finishes. But your game, your rules. K
  • Win, place, show sounds fine to me...I was not born with a lot of patience for certain things. CC, whatever you want to do is okay with me. :-)
  • I was just going to do who your top three picks are. That's what we did with the Derby I need to post who actually got the top three right. And I kind of go off of who just picked the horses who finish, 1st, 2nd, 3rd not in any order. I am going to do that and I will post who got the top three finishers in the Derby.
  • KMMKMM Member
    OK good. Your first plan of action CC for Derby seemed to include whole field.
  • Here are the point standings after the Derby
    Kentucky Derby Standings (3 points for all three right, 2 points for two right, 1 point for one right)
    1. @marepower 3 points
    2. @weezie 2 points
    @GiacomoFan 2 points
    @EliRose 2 points
    @jen_bloom 2 points
    @sarinne 2 points
    @case 2 points
    @MaryfromMichigan 2 points
    3. @CaliforniaChrome 1 point
    @carolinarkansas 1 point
    @KMM 1 point
    @Horselover24 1 point