Who Do You Think Will Win?

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    Where is tincup?,maybe no points. Thought he chose Commissioner, although could be totally wrong..
  • @marepower for the Derby my three picks were Dortmund, Upstart, and Frosted. Since Dortmund was the only one out of my three to finish in the top three I got only 1 point. So currently your in the lead.
  • edited May 2015
    @tincup , @KMM, & @casey, would you like to join the game as well? Since I believe that you all three did the Derby portion 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering.
  • 8. Tale of Verve
    @marepower for the Derby my three picks were Dortmund, Upstart, and Frosted. Since Dortmund was the only one out of my three to finish in the top three I got only 1 point. So currently your in the lead.
    Thought someone had posted you had the top three. My bad! Still trying to decide here for the Preakness. Tough call!
  • @Joanna_TX would you also like to join this round of picks for the Preakness?
  • 8. Tale of Verve
    @marepower for the Derby my three picks were Dortmund, Upstart, and Frosted. Since Dortmund was the only one out of my three to finish in the top three I got only 1 point. So currently your in the lead.
    Thought someone had posted you had the top three. My bad! Still trying to decide here for the Preakness. Tough call!
    Oh I posted American Pharoah, Dortmund, and Firing Line for the Preakness today. Haha well its okay if you haven't got your picks in yet, you have up to when the horses are loading in the gates, but if you post after then your picks will not count.
  • 1. Dortmund
    2. Firing Line
    3. American Pharoah
    4. Divining Rod
    5. Danzig Moon
    6. Bodhisattva
    7. Mr Z
    8. Tale of Verve.
    So want to see a shot at the TC again (good for racing/good for me) but ain't crazy for the post positions in this one. I know just the top three count. @CC may change prior to race but afraid my computer will go down. Good luck to all and safe trip home!
  • Okay well I am going to take your top three. Which would be Dortmund, Firing Line, and American Pharoah.
  • This is how I think they will finish. Make sure you get your Derby time and your order of finish posted BEFORE the race.

1. Dortmund
    2. Firing Line
    3. American Pharoah
    4. Frosted
    5. War Story
    6. Carpe Diem
    7. Ocho Ocho Ocho
    8. Bolo
    9. Materiality
    10. Mubtaahij
    11. Itsaknockout
    12. Mr. Z
    13. Upstart
    14. Far Right
    15. Keen Ice
    16. Danzig Moon
    17. Tendencur
    18. Frammento

My derby time
    2 minutes 01 seconds 4/5 milliseconds

Sorry for the long quote, but this is what you posted before the Derby, CC. Sure looks like three points to me. In fact, you had the first four finishers, but not quite in order.
  • @jen_bloom you only earn points by if your three picks finish in the top three. Before the derby @marepower posted her three picks which were AP, Dortmund, and Firing Line. They all three finished in the top 3 so she got three points for that. For the Derby my three picks were Dortmund, Frosted, and Upstart. Only Dortmund finished in the top three so I got one point. We aren't doing the full order of finish thing. I am only gong to be counting points from the three picks. So if you pick three horses for example let's say you pick Dortmund, AP, and Diving Rod. Then let's say in the Preakness Dortmund finished 2nd, AP finished 1st and Diving Rod finished 4th. You would only get the points for Dortmund and AP which would give you two points. Does that make since? But for my Derby picks since only Dortmund finished in the top three out of my three I only got 1 point.
  • Well, it's your game so you should decide how you award points. But I was still impressed with how close you were in your order of finish.
  • Okay thanks. So are you going to be joining on this round of picks for the second jewel of the Triple Crown?
  • tincuptincup Member
    @tincup , @KMM, & @casey, would you like to join the game as well? Since I believe that you all three did the Derby portion 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering.
    Hi CC..I missed the derby, but Ive been watching.
    Good luck everyone.
  • Care to join us Tincup? Interested to see what your picks would be.
  • KMMKMM Member
    My choices are posted in earlier post.
  • @tincup , @KMM, & @casey, would you like to join the game as well? Since I believe that you all three did the Derby portion 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering.

Hi CC..I missed the derby, but Ive been watching.
    Good luck everyone.
    @tincup you should join us. Its a fun little game.
  • @KMM that's right, I'm sorry I missed your post. I went back and found your picks.
  • Okay thanks. So are you going to be joining on this round of picks for the second jewel of the Triple Crown?
    I already did. I made the incredibly rash assertion that Tale of Verve will take it all. I don't really think it will happen, and I don't even want it to, but that's my pick and I'm sticking with it.

I'm mainly hoping for a good, safe race, everyone going back to the barn sound, and for American Pharoah to win.
  • Oh yeah that's right my mistake.
  • I know I'm cutting it kind of close, but I've been busy. :)
    Here's my top 3:

1. American Pharoah
    2. Firing Line
    3. Dortmund
  • edited May 2015
    @CaliforniaChrome1121
    1. American Pharoah
    2. Dortmund
    3. Firing Line
    @weezie
    1. Dortmund
    2. Firing Line
    3. Tale of Verve
    @GiacomoFan
    1. American Pharoah
    2. Dortmund
    3. Firing Line
    @MaryfromMichigan
    1. Dortmund
    2. Diving Rod
    3. American Pharoah
    @carolinarkansas
    1. American Pharoah
    2. Firing Line
    3. Mr. Z
    @sarinne
    1. Firing Line
    2. Dortmund
    3. American Pharoah
    @EliRose
    1. American Pharoah
    2. Firing Line
    3. Diving Rod
    @bigherbie
    1. American Pharoah
    2. Firing Line
    3. Dortmund
    @jen_bloom
    1. Tale of Verve
    2. American Pharoah
    3. Firing Line
    @KMM
    1. Firing Line
    2. Dortmund
    3. American Pharaoh
    @marepower
    1. Dortmund
    2. Firing Line
    3. American Pharaoh
    @Horselover24
    1. American Pharoah
    2. Firing Line
    3. Dortmund
    @lauraj_cincinnati
    1. Dortmund
    2. American Pharoah
    3. Diving Rod
  • My guesses:
    1. Dortmund
    2. American Pharoah
    3. Divining Rod
    ---although I hope AP wins.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Its pouring at Pimlico.....go AP
  • Yeah. AP has won on the mud before does this make it all the much for him?
  • Lol. After the pouring rain, I was going to have you change mine to Pharoah, Mr. Z and Dortmund. But that's ok, if I had voted for AP he probably wouldn't have won. Firing Line just seemed a little too relaxed before they loaded. The other horses were shifting their heads while he had that "it is what it is attitude". So now, Is three times to charm? I asked this a week or so ago. I sure hope so! And doubly thrilled they came home safe.