American Pharoah

Comments

• Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2015
    It just occurred to me: why must others post on the internet in place of horses? Why not let the horses post on their Facebooks and Twitter accounts??? We should invent a keyboard for horses! Like: line a bunch of pressure pads up that represent numbers, letters, and symbols.... Then allow the horse to type with its' hoof! Then we'll REALLY know what they think!
    image Photo from wildequus.org
    http://wildequus.org/2013/05/30/clever-horses-part-iii/

LOL! Good one RR12! ...perhaps a typewriter-like device that the horse can use with its muzzle...like the remarkable psychic horse..."Lady Wonder" used...see this travelchannel.com video from Amazing True Horse Stories (Page 8):
    http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/mysteries-at-the-museum/video/psychic-horse

Sorry...we are getting off topic from American Pharoah. :o(
  • As long as we're off topic, RR12's idea for horses doing their own twitter reminded me that yesterday Carpe Diem and Materiality got banned from twitter! Lololol! They were so rude and trash talked other horses, fans, owners, trainers, etc. Pletcher had the accounts shut down. It was hilarious. Meanwhile, Dortmund's twitter account is hands down the best one out there. Everyone loves him! Carpe Diem was making the actual horse look so bad, folks were starting to dislike him.
  • As long as we're off topic, RR12's idea for horses doing their own twitter reminded me that yesterday Carpe Diem and Materiality got banned from twitter! Lololol! They were so rude and trash talked other horses, fans, owners, trainers, etc. Pletcher had the accounts shut down. It was hilarious. Meanwhile, Dortmund's twitter account is hands down the best one out there. Everyone loves him! Carpe Diem was making the actual horse look so bad, folks were starting to dislike him.
    Wow! LOL. I just always thought it would be interesting to see if horses can figure us out. @Paniolo_Gal, what a fascinating story about Lady. But what if we taught.... Say, Secretariat to spell? What would he say? Or if we invented this hoof keyboard for the actual horses themselves! I'd imagine American Pharaoh would say something like "Going to gallop today. Carrot donations appreciated!" LOL
  • Lol! Yes, I bet they would all learn how to type carrots and peppermints before they learned anything else.
    edited May 2015
    Lol! Yes, I bet they would all learn how to type carrots and peppermints before they learned anything else.
    LOL! Perhaps create a short-cut function button on that typewriter keyboard like F1 with a carrot icon and F2 with a candy icon for peppermints, etc. :oD

Perhaps someone could create a new discussion called "What Would Horses Tell Us"or "What Would Animals Tell Us"...idk. LOL! Just joking.
    Way off topic now! :oP
  • Nah, not off topic! Just imagining what American Pharaoh would tell us, if he could type!
    edited May 2015
    Yeah...American Pharoah would probably type...
    Git rid of the whip! Just ask me nicely! I already know the strategy for racing! :oD

I still remember a race where a horse lost his jockey at the starting gate and ran a very sophisticated race strategy without the rider. He laid just behind the leaders...but coming toward the final turn...he picked up and took the lead but then, another horse took the lead away from him. He looked like he tired...but he just sat chilly and surged once again on the final stretch even tried to split horses but decided to go wide and surged at the end to win by a nose...without his jockey. He was disqualified of course but this horse knew what to do in the race. I wish I could find that video.

OK! Found that video! Gotta watch this race!
  • tincuptincup Member
    I have seen a few races like that over the years. Very professional races and often the winner. Who needs a ride...lol
  • Oh my gosh, that was so awesome!! That horse knew exactly what he was doing! I think it should have counted. Lol That was great!
  • marepowermarepower Member
    edited May 2015
    Like that idea @RR12. Get it straight from the horse's mouth!(or hoof in this case)
  • KMMKMM Member
    Has AP won on any muddy tracks? May be rainy on Preakness day which happens often in MD at this time of year.
  • Has AP won on any muddy tracks? May be rainy on Preakness day which happens often in MD at this time of year.

Remember his Rebel stakes win? He was practically running in a SWAMP, and yet still pulled away by 6 lengths with a bent shoe. Slop won't affect him too much.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    RR12- you obviously haven't followed Lava Man or Goldencents on Twitter. Goldie's kinda busy now making babies, but Lava Man has a "hoofPad" and sends out tweets and posts on his Facebook page. He's pretty hilarious.

Seriously, the fan made pages can create issues. As long as there's no bashing of others it's a great PR stunt, but I do have problems with some of those pages
  • Oh my gosh, that was so awesome!! That horse knew exactly what he was doing! I think it should have counted. Lol That was great!
    LOL! Unfortunately giving the horse a victory with a 100+ pound weight break wouldn't be fair to the other horses.

A few years ago at Turfway, jockey Cory Orm won a race with a broken rein. He was an apprentice at the time. The reason he was able to win was that his mount was an experienced race mare--6 years old IIRC. She knew exactly where to go and what to do without much instruction. Orm also kept his head and didn't panic.
  • That video was amazing. That horse definitely knew where the wire was. It makes you wonder what the good ones would do if you let them rate themselves.
  • Something I find interesting is that the riderless horse seems to be changing leads at the appropriate times. Very professional horse.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Well, that just got harder...
    The rail.
    Yikes....
  • American Pharoah is running May 16th in the Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes. He will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • PREAKNESS GALLOP: American Pharoah (5/14/15):
  • I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me: he looks like he's going REALLY slow, but I knew he wasn't because his rate of breathing was very fast. So there was a moment there where I was making sure it was right! And it WAS! American Pharaoh: equine superstar and optical illusion.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Time and distance of work?
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    edited May 2015
    wasn't a work, that was just him galloping, At SA, he usually gallops 1.5-2 miles most days

• Wow! That was a great Preakness race in the midst of heavy downpour!
    American Pharoah showed he can run on even the most extreme weather conditions! What a Champ! Thinking positive for him to remain healthy and get ready for the 3rd BIG ONE next month.

This is the complete finish line-up for the 140th Preakness Stakes:
    1. American Pharoah (unofficial time: 1:58.45)
    2. Tale of Verve
    3. Divining Rod
    4. Dortmund
    5. Mr. Z
    6. Danzig Moon
    7. Firing Line
    8. Bodhisattva (Means "Enlightened One" in Budhism)

• RachelRachel Member
    This was his second time running in the slop. He won like that in the Rebel. He loves the mud
  • Triple Crown winner? Looks like one to me.