American Pharoah

Comments

• marepowermarepower Member
    edited May 2015
    Triple Crown winner? Looks like one to me.
    Sure hope your right! It was like he glided over that mud
  • KMMKMM Member
    He made that win look easy.
  • RachelRachel Member
    He must of thought it was a workout lol
  • edited May 2015
    Ears perked the whole time, drawing away by 7 lengths. At the FINAL turn you could see the other horses coming up on him, but Victor Espinoza was just letting him take a breather.... LETTING him take a BREATHER in the Preakness Stakes! And then he just pulls off by 7. This horse is incredible

That being said: I still don't trust him to win the Triple Crown. I am VERY happy for him to prove me wrong, but I'm going to go with Frosted or Mubtaahij to win the Belmont Stakes. Still, best of luck to him at Belmont!
  • What does everyone think about his times? How much do they matter? His was l:58.46, Chrome's Preakness 1:54.84 and Secretariat's was faster than all of them, of course. Are all the horses today just slower and it doesn't matter as long as they outrun the ones behind them? Just curious.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Did not realize it was that slow.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    This race was run in serious slop. Victor didn't even know where the other horses were after a half mile. Simply for safety's sake I'd hope the time would be slower.
  • KMMKMM Member
    The announcers said even with slop track should have been fast, but just repeating what I heard.
  • It was raining so hard that the horses were bobbing their heads in reaction to it. I think that had to have slowed them down some.
  • I don't ever jump on the triple crown bandwagon very quick but gosh i love this horse! He made todays race look very easy and i don't think it took very much out of him - He had his ears pricked coming down the stretch like he was just out for a gallop - i will be rooting for him all the way at Belmont!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    edited May 2015
    There are horses that do what they have to win....they stay winthin themselves....AP seems to be one...and just me....but if my horse won first 2 legs of the TC....i wont give a hoot what the times were
  • KMMKMM Member
    It was slow and he was still full of it when he finished. Did not test him. But that is my take.
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    edited May 2015
    I am late to the band wagon. Just not a horse I am immediately drawn to for some reason, but I am definitely a fan now. He makes every thing look easy! Hoping for a Triple Crown!
  • It must be especially exciting and satisfying to win with a home bred sired by a home bred.
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    It must be especially exciting and satisfying to win with a home bred sired by a home bred.
    I completely agree! The breeder in me likes that part of American Pharoah the most.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Bobby B...this is the best horse i have ever had...
    Lewis...what about silver charm?
    BB...this is the best horse I ever had...
    Victor...You know I cant find breakfast at that track...
    BB...this is the best horse I ever had...
    mic...You have missed before, and with Victor...
    BB...This is the best horse Ive ever trained....
    mic...will you consider a rider change ?...
    BB...this is the best horse ive ever had...
  • KMMKMM Member
    So is your conclusion is that BB is not going to change what is working with AP? You do make your posts a guessing game, but fun, that is what you are about. :)
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2015
    Hmmm...sounds like the start of another "As the Clubhouse Turns" story that Markinsac used to do.

Anyway...I like the "Egyptian" theme of Pioneerof The Nile → American Pharoah. Very apropos for the Zayats. Perhaps, if Pioneer produces a promising filly, they can name her "Nile's Cleopatra" or "Cleopatra's Nile". I checked...that names are not used in the JC registry yet. :oD
  • tincuptincup Member
    Watch carefully the next week and see if you dont find an injury or whispers of contract disputes or anything to get Victor off.
    You dont get Brady without belli-cheat seating bledsoe...
    You cant leave something this big to a kid that is too small for the task.
    I would ask , with a look in the eye, Vic...can you do this ?....
  • Hmmm...sounds like the start of another "As the Clubhouse Turns" story that Markinsac used to do.

Anyway...I like the "Egyptian" theme of Pioneerof The Nile → American Pharoah. Very apropos for the Zayats. Perhaps, if Pioneer produces a promising filly, they can name her "Nile's Cleopatra" or Cleopatra's Nile. I checked...that names are not used in the JC registry yet. :oD
    Sure does sound like As the Clubhouse Turns, PG.

• edit

• tincuptincup Member
    Can I ask something...Whats up with the markinsak thing? I get its your go-to, but dont understand why anyone would reduce themselves on purpose.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I think thevZayats may be of Indian descent, but don't know.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Crickets...what a surprise.
    cowards...with a passive aggressive agenda....sad
  • Trying to understand why some people ALWAYS have something negative to say..... I thought AP ran a great race, yes the pace was slow but it was POURING buckets over there and the track was total slop (if you have eyes and actually watched the race you would have seen it). Give this horse the credit he deserves.