Is Anyone Else Going to the Belmont Stakes?

It might be neat to meet up with fellow Zenyatta fans. My husband and I will be going! We are leaving little Joplin, MO on my birthday to fly out to NYC. I'm excited! Will anyone else be out there?

Comments

• I wish I could go, little sister has graduation from High School on the 6th. She's excited.
  • marepowermarepower Member
    edited May 2015
    Unfortunely not. Have to work. If I'm off the first two legs, I know i'll be working for the third one. But I have a feeling I know what my residen'ts will be watching during supper hour. Lol. Besides, I'm a nervous wreck watching on t.v. couldn't imagine what I do if I were actually there. Joplin? Not too far from my son. He lives in Wentzville. Prison guard at Fulton County.
    It might be neat to meet up with fellow Zenyatta fans. My husband and I will be going! We are leaving little Joplin, MO on my birthday to fly out to NYC. I'm excited! Will anyone else be out there?
  • Off topic but I have to ask: Joplin, as in.... Joplin, Missouri? The Joplin that got hit by that monster tornado back in 2011?? Huge tornado buff here, I watched the news coverage of that tornado and-- while I find tornadoes beautiful and exciting-- how terrifying and devestating it was to plow through such a densely populated area. Can't imagine being there myself.

Back on topic: how lucky you are to see the Belmont Stakes! Make sure and enjoy it extra hard for those of us unable to go!
  • @marepower I'm the same way when watching the races on TV .
  • Off topic but I have to ask: Joplin, as in.... Joplin, Missouri? The Joplin that got hit by that monster tornado back in 2011?? Huge tornado buff here, I watched the news coverage of that tornado and-- while I find tornadoes beautiful and exciting-- how terrifying and devestating it was to plow through such a densely populated area. Can't imagine being there myself.

Back on topic: how lucky you are to see the Belmont Stakes! Make sure and enjoy it extra hard for those of us unable to go!

Yes, that Joplin. It hit three blocks from the house we lived in at the time It was very scary, I hope to never ever go through that again. I am so excited about going. The only tracks I have been to were Hollywood Park (watched Game on Dude win the final Hollywood Gold Cup there) and Santa Anita. I'm excited to see more.
  • @valerier, did you get to go?
  • I posted this on the Belmont thread, but I was supposed to go. Bought tickets and everything. However I ended up having to stay home and help get ready for my brother's graduation party tomorrow and missed a Triple Crown :(

My uncle and cousin went though. They go every year there's a TC on the line - and my uncle was there for Secretariat, Seattle Slew, and Affirmed.
  • Ah EliRose that's rotten! I'm sorry! :(
  • Your brother owes you big time.
  • You have no idea how much lip he's heard from me lol.
  • I have had a family member whose gone to two different Triple Crown races or atleast seen two different triple crowns in person, but you know I might get a thousand questions if I say who. It always happens to me when I say something a family member of mine does.
  • @EliRose, that sucks that you couldn't go to the Belmont, I would give anything to do to the Belmont Stakes. But I understand the graduation things, my sister had her high school graduation yesterday and I had to help her and her best friend get ready in the morning they had to be at the place the graduation ceremony was being held by 8:30am for practice. Then their graduation was at 11:00. Then their graduation party which was together was at 2:00. So I totally understand the graduation party. I hope your brother had a fun time at graduation and I hope his graduation party turns out good.
  • That was a fun game, CaliforniaChomre1121. I can't believe a racing novice like me got 6 points!
    YES!

YES!
    You KNOW you must tell us about it.....

• Pictures?