Did Vertigineus Pass?

I keep seeing people comment that she was euthanized due to colic. I cant find anything official. Can anyone help me look. I keep searching but maybe others know better sites.

Comments

• @valerier, I have looked myself and cannot find anything other than one person on the blog who said Coolmore confirmed her death. I asked on Coolmore FB, but, of course, no reply.
  • JanDJanD Member
    I went to her facebook page and it is saying she passed last year. I never heard anything about it and I don't think anyone on this site had either.
  • edited May 2015
    I went to her facebook page and it is saying she passed last year. I never heard anything about it and I don't think anyone on this site had either.
    Wow, that wasn't there earlier.
    OK, I still don't see it. Can you post a link to the FB you saw?

• Oh, phooey, I was looking at Coolmore FB. Sorry. I don't know how official her FB is.
  • I went to her facebook page and it is saying she passed last year. I never heard anything about it and I don't think anyone on this site had either.
    @JanD her facebook page is a fan made account It's not associated with Coolmore/Ashford.
  • JanDJanD Member
    Oh ok didn't know that.
  • Yes, Coolmore has made an announced that Mom V has passed. A fan on the Zenyatta Blog called Coolmore for a second conformation. They stood by their first announcement that she had died. This makes me feel very sad. She was a grand old lady who made a great contribution to racing through her many foals. RIP beautiful Vertiginuex. :-(
  • edited May 2015
    They are saying it was two years ago after foaling. I'm glad that once the word got out they quickly acknowledged it.

Does anyone remember if that was about the time she lost the Tapit foal...I think Tapit, could be wrong.
    Yes, Coolmore has made an announced that Mom V has passed. A fan on the Zenyatta Blog called Coolmore for a second conformation. They stood by their first announcement that she had died. This makes me feel very sad. She was a grand old lady who made a great contribution to racing through her many foals. RIP beautiful Vertiginuex. :-(
  • edited May 2015
    I had suspected she had died right after foaling her Street Cry colt, but could not get any information to confirm. What a shame it has taken 2 years for Coolmore to make the news of Vertiginuex's death public. I hope they honored the agreement that she was to be buried next to her mother at Winter Haven. Very sad, RIP sweet lady!
  • edited May 2015
    Guys, I hate to be a pain in the "you know what," but where is everyone seeing this announcement from Coolmore? Does anyone have a link? I have seen nothing from Coolmore. I saw some comments from fans that she died of "foaling complications," but nothing official.

People elsewhere are looking for something official and not just from fans. Anyone?
  • Yes, Coolmore has made an announced that Mom V has passed. A fan on the Zenyatta Blog called Coolmore for a second conformation. They stood by their first announcement that she had died. This makes me feel very sad. She was a grand old lady who made a great contribution to racing through her many foals. RIP beautiful Vertiginuex. :-(
    Where are you seeing this?

• Guys, I hate to be a pain in the "you know what," but where is everyone seeing this announcement from Coolmore? Does anyone have a link? I have seen nothing from Coolmore. I saw some comments from fans that she died of "foaling complications," but nothing official.

People elsewhere are looking for something official and not just from fans. Anyone?
    I agree the last I heard she was to be bred to Tapit after foaling her Street Cry colt. I never heard/saw anything about her death.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    edited May 2015
    Someone on Zennys Tribe pulled V up on Horseracing Nation. She is listed as dedeased there
  • Someone here has seen a link if I'm reading the above comments correctly. I would like to share the info, but I'm seeing nothing anywhere and cannot post rumors and hearsay.

@Especially_Horses, where did you see their announcement?
  • No official announcement, just saw the comments over on the Blog side. Hearsay that two separate people called Coolmare and got confirmation. So I admit I broke my own rule "wait until you hear it from the horse's mouth". I know better, me bad, lol.
    Someone here has seen a link if I'm reading the above comments correctly. I would like to share the info, but I'm seeing nothing anywhere and cannot post rumors and hearsay.

@Especially_Horses, where did you see their announcement?
  • Thanks @Especially_Horses. I thought there was an announcement staring me in the face on Coolmore's FB that I was not seeing and it was driving me insane. Lol! Thanks.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    @louisespadafora

You brought up that Coolmore had made an official announcement? Was it on a publicly accessible page or was it in response to a one on one e-mail to someone?
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    edited May 2015
    Something isn't adding up.

The "official" announcement is saying she hemorrhaged and died after foaling 2 years ago, which would have been Zenyatta's brother.

But this article from April 20, 2013 has the broodmare manager quoted as saying mare and foal were healthy and well, 10 days after the foaling.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/77676/zenyatta-has-new-brother-at-ashford-stud

A hemorrhage usually happens 24 - 72 hours after foaling.

There is the picture we all saw. Dated May 2nd. That is definitely Mama V, not a nurse mare and Mama V looks wonderful, not in distress at all.
  • Well, I hope none of it is true. The more I think of Vertigineux and her contributions to horse racing, the more angry I get that we are hearing this news two YEARS after the fact. SHE deserved better. The very idea that she has been a wonderful broodmare all these years and maybe died from foaling complications and Coolmore couldn't bother to make an announcement makes me sick. I really hope it's not true.
  • Me too, mainly because I want her to be okay and still alive.
  • Guys, I hate to be a pain in the "you know what," but where is everyone seeing this announcement from Coolmore? Does anyone have a link? I have seen nothing from Coolmore. I saw some comments from fans that she died of "foaling complications," but nothing official.

I have seen several things. There was a post to her page (not from her page) that said she died a few years ago. There are others saying she died today. Some say from foaling the Tapit baby, others say due to colic. I have only seen this in the comment sections, no official word. I am quite sure that something official will be released. V is a pretty important broodmare.
  • Someone on Zennys Tribe pulled V up on Horseracing Nation. She is listed as dedeased there

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't Horse Racing Nation alo another fan site? Could it be possible that whoever noted that could be going off of the wrong info? I sure hope so. I will keep my hpe's up until I hear something one way or the other "straight from the horse's mouth."
  • I'm going to keep my hopes up, too. I really want her to be alive. I also believe she is important and there would be an official announcement.
  • I'm sorry. But this is bugging the crap out of me.

Her name is "Vertigineux" not "Vertigineus" =) It is pronounced "Ver-teesh-eh-nough", and means "Dizzy" or "Dizzying" in French.

As for this recent thing with Mama V: I'm not believing any of it until it's absolutely confirmed.
  • I'm sorry. But this is bugging the crap out of me.

Her name is "Vertigineux" not "Vertigineus" =) It is pronounced "Ver-teesh-eh-nough", and means "Dizzy" or "Dizzying" in French.

As for this recent thing with Mama V: I'm not believing any of it until it's absolutely confirmed.

Sorry, didn't realize that I hit the wrong key. I'll try to edit the typo if I can. I do know how to spell her name and how to pronounce it and what it means, but didn't catch my error.