Comments

• Wow! Finally! Is there a headshot to see if Rachel's Valentina still has that "heart" shaped star? Pretty Lady indeed! ❤
  • She hasn't been officially named yet, right? This is just a nickname?
  • KMMKMM Member
    This is her registered name. It is on the Stonestreet tweet.
  • KMMKMM Member
    It doesn't show up in Equineline yet.
  • She hasn't been officially named yet, right? This is just a nickname?
    Not a nickname, Stonestreet announced it.

• Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited June 2015
    It doesn't show up in Equineline yet.
    Rachel's Valentina is listed as reserved (R) in the Jockey Club registry of names so sounds like it's soon to be her official name-just type in or paste Rachel's Valentina in the "look up" window...time will tell:
    https://www.registry.jockeyclub.com/registry.cfm?page=namesrch&search=&#Client.URLtoken#

They couldn't use Rachel's Valentine because someone else has it on reserve...but it could also be an alternative name from Stonestreet...idk.
  • It's listed as on reserve on the JC names book. It could be that they have submitted it but not yet gotten approval, or it could mean that the data base has not yet been updated.
  • Stonestreet also announced Todd Pletcher is training her.
  • Oh nice! Thanks! I wonder if that means she'll be racing soon?
  • Wow! Finally! Is there a headshot to see if Rachel's Valentina still has that "heart" shaped star? Pretty Lady indeed! ❤
    I haven't seen one yet, but I'm looking.

• KetaKeta Member
    Stonestreet Farm tweet
    We are so excited to announce Rachel Alexandra’s filly has been named! Introducing RACHEL’S VALENTINA!!
  • Omg. I was so close!!! Maybe the Spice of Love will commence afterall...
  • RachelRachel Member
    We can totally call her Val now LOL. Its official
  • No head shot, but you can see enough in the picture in the Twitter announcement to see that the star is still heart-shaped. Looks smaller now, but that's because her head is larger. haha
  • Wish they had chosen a different trainer.
    Would also like to see a head shot to see the star and also if she has her mother's eyes.
  • KMMKMM Member
    There is a headshot on RA's Facebook page. She is in her stall.
  • What is the link for that facebook page? Couldn't find it. Is it a recent picture, or the one we've all seen of her as a foal?
  • Here's the page, VA. In the stall photo, it's hard to tell it's a heart.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-Alexandra/112319645455986
  • Perhaps she could use a little make-up to enhance her ❤ before she hits the "stage".
  • I love the fact that her marking looks like a heart.
  • She's awful pretty.
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    What an exquisite beauty. Hope she has the talent of her dam. Love her name.
  • Feel like I should post the link to my story, I just reread it.... I can't believe she's that fully fledged heart-marked filly now!
  • KMMKMM Member
    I think I posted in related thread. Although her name doesn't rhyme with Bernardini's it hits the same musical note to my ear. Italian or French sounding. :)
  • Beautiful Name.