Visiting Thoroughbred Breeding Farms-A Personal Adventure!

Comments

• A WINSTAR STALLION...

MORE THAN READY (4/4/1997)
    Southern Halo (1983) x Woodmans Girl (1990) by Woodman (1983)
    Lifetime Earnings: $1,026,229 (17 starts: 7 wins, 4 places, 1 show)
    Background: Won the 1999 Sanford Stakes and the 2000 Kings Bishop Stakes
    Entered Stud in 2001 at Vinery Kentucky until 2013
    Current WinStar Stud Fee: $50,000 (s/n)
    Pedigree Chart: http://www.pedigreequery.com/more+than+ready

imageA handsome headshot of More Than Ready.

imageA worried look...isn't anyone coming up to pet me? Sorry More Than Ready, we could look but we couldn't touch you.

imageWell, this is what I think of the "look but no touch" policy!

UP NEXT...MORE WINSTAR STALLIONS!
  • Colonel John has a sweet fface, doesn't he? You can see the TB Arabian ancestry coming out.

Love Drosselmeyer. Did you see his portrait in the lobby?
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited July 2015
    Colonel John has a sweet fface, doesn't he? You can see the TB Arabian ancestry coming out.

Love Drosselmeyer. Did you see his portrait in the lobby?
    Sorry, I didn't get to review all the portraits carefully in the reception area before the tour started. I guess I was talking to Aisling, our guide...but I did get to see Drosselmeyer's 2011 Breeders' Cup Classic trophy in the display case with a photo of him and Mike Smith on board! :oD

Click directly on the photo for a larger image.
    imageDrosselmeyer's 2011 Breeders' Cup Classic Trophy on Display at WinStar's Stallion Complex Showroom.

Could this large portrait on the right of the arched entry doors to the Stallion Barn be a photo of Drosselmeyer with Mike Smith on board that you mentioned? Click directly on this photo below and use the plus icon to get a better enlargement:▼
    edited July 2015
    Yes @lauraj_cincinnati...Colonel John is a real sweetheart.❤ It was too bad that we could only look but we couldn't touch/pet him...per our tour guide...For our safety also in case the stallions nipped at us.

Since we are discussing Colonel John, I thought I'd slip in a trophy of his that was displayed in the Reception/Showroom.

COLONEL JOHN'S TROPHY FOR THE SHAM STAKES (G3)
    ▼Colonel John won this stakes on March 1, 2008
    ▼A collage of Colonel John's memorabilia
  • Wonderful photos and narrative!! I also love that your journey will now be here in archival form so to speak so we can look back in the future - very cool. From the looks of some of those muddy halters, it appears to me that the stallions had a good roll in the mud puddle - something many of them think is like a special spa treatment - lol!
    edited July 2015
    LOL! I still like the mental image of several stallions flinging mud at each other..like a mud war when they were out playing in their paddocks. :oD

Yes! These stallions sure know how to keep their handsome looks...mud packs are great for the skin. Elephants and rhinos use it as a sunscreen...not that it would help their looks however. :oP I'm joking of course! :oD
  • edited July 2015
    "Here's Drosselmeyer out of the CLOUDS!!!!"

No, the Drosselmeyer portrait that I'm thinking of is an oil painting. It's a full-body conformation pose in a (probably imaginary) field or paddock. It's over near the reception desk. You'd know if you saw it.

However, the pic with Mike next to the doors is Drosselmeyer, I believe, following his victory in the Classic. It appears to have been taken at night, so it's not the Belmont.

I so wish I had placed a straight win bet on that horse. I had a strong feeling that he would win. Distance wasn't a question. He had had some great works and he looked like a million bucks in the paddock. Instead I boxed him with Uncle Mo and Havre de Grace.
    edited July 2015
    @lauraj_cincinnati...I wonder if they rotate their paintings in the WinStar Reception Area? Just took a good look at the photos in that area and the only conformation oil painting at the reception desk was that of Tiznow...left of the painting of a jockey wearing WinStar's silks.

imageOil painting of Tiznow
  • A WINSTAR STALLION...

OVERANALYZE (4/30/2010)
    Dixie Union (1997) x Unacloud (1997) by Unaccounted For (1991)
    Lifetime Earnings: $1,046,381 (11 starts: 4 wins, 0 places, 2 shows)
    Background: Won the 2012 Futurity Stakes & 2013 Arkansas Derby
    Entered Stud in 2014 at WinStar Farm
    Current WinStar Stud Fee: $10,000 (s/n)
    Pedigree Chart: http://www.pedigreequery.com/overanalyze

imageA classic pose from Overanalyze.

imageOveranalyze sticking tongue at a photographer.

imageWho said you could take a photo of me!

UP NEXT... OUT TAKES FROM OVERANALYZE!
  • Oh be still my heart! More Than Ready, one of my favorites! :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    Ah gosh, we all want to go on these farm tours. You are the next best thing!
    edited July 2015
    OUTTAKES FROM OVERANALYZE...A VOCAL STALLION!

imageOkay...No one is watching. I think it's safe.

imageShe comes down from Yellow Mountain...On a dark, flat land she rides...

imageAnd the pony she named Wildfire...Busted down it's stall!...

imageShe ran callin' Wildfire!...She ran callin' Wildfire!...SHE RAN CALLIN' W-I-L-D-F-I-R-E!...

If you'd like to sing along with Overanalyze...
    Wildfire by Michael Murphy-video by FinnyFish17 from Youtube.com

MORE OUTTAKES FROM OVERANALYZE...
  • OVERANALYZE GOES "ROLLING IN THE HAY"!

Never a dull moment watching Overanalyze!
    imageAfter a good roll in the hay...Overanalyze takes a breather.

imageLook at those strong muscles of this handsome stallion!

imageLooking for carrots and other treats hidden in the hay...

• SallyTSallyT Member
    edited July 2015
    You had me cracking up from the get go with ..."She comes down from Yellow Mountain...On a dark, flat land she rides..." and the blurry last line is hysterical-I can certainly see the passion behind his singing! Thank you for the great commentary, (on top of everything else!) and for starting my day with a good laugh :0)
    edited July 2015
    SallyT I hope you turned on the video with the music playing to sing along when you were looking at Overanalyze with his dramatic vocal expressions! :oD
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited July 2015
    I did play the video, although I know the song well-which is why I was immediately laughing. I have the song on my iPhone-which I'm sure "dates" me LOL
    edited July 2015
    I guess that dates both of us! LOL!
    I was listening to other songs about horses like America's "Horse With No Name", etc. but decided on "Wildfire" instead. The newer "rock songs" about horses did not appeal to my eardrums. :oP
  • A WINSTAR STALLION...

PAYNTER (3/4/2009)
    Awesome Again-CAN (a 1994 chef de race sire) x Tizso (1995) by Cees Tizzy (1987)
    Lifetime Earnings: $1,101,924 (11 starts: 4 wins, 4 places, 0 shows)
    Background: Won the 2012 Haskell Invitational Stakes & came in 2nd in the 2012 Belmont Stakes
    Entered Stud in 2014 at WinStar Farm
    Current WinStar Stud Fee: $25,000 (s/n)
    Pedigree Chart: http://www.pedigreequery.com/paynter

Btw...Sorry these photos didn't turn out so good. However, they are sadly the best ones out of the entire dark & blurry collection. :o(

imagePaynter is just covered in mud all over his body...he must have had a good mud fest with Bodemeister outside!

imageI like myself all covered in mud...don't you dare wash my spa treatment off!

imageDo I smell carrots? One of the visitors has carrots!

imageOh! It's one of Casey's forum buddies...she's the one with carrots. I better keep my cool and be nice to this lady...no nipping...after all she has treats! I'll let her pet me as well!

• Well, Zenyatta and Overanalyze score B+ on True nicks - the newest song and dance vaudeville act. Wow, that foal would have some talent. :-)
  • LOL! Yes! That would be some foal out of Zenyatta x Overanalyze! A Singing & Dancing race warrior!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Does Overanalyze sing? Did not see that post. ?
  • That Overanalyze segment was brilliant and the tour is wonderful, thank you, Paniolo_Gal!
    edited July 2015
    That Overanalyze segment was brilliant and the tour is wonderful, thank you, Paniolo_Gal!
    Mahalo! Yeah...I had fun putting together that photo segment of Overanalyze and what appears to be his vocal expressions! He is a really bright and energetic stallion to watch!
    edited July 2015
    btw...I don't want to mis-interpret Overanalyze as being a "singing horse". But his animated expressions captured in my amateur photos made for a great story "vignette" of this beautiful and lively stallion! :oD
  • Paniolo_Gal, did you go to Gainesway, by any chance?