Dortmund (Big Brown - Our Josephina x Tale of the Cat)

Comments

• I was looking at a couple of pictures that were on here earlier on Sunday. One was a picture of Dortmund and a pony, the other was Dortmund and American Pharoah. Where did they go?
  • KetaKeta Member
    Dortmund returns to racing in new role as spoiler
    Steve Andersen | Daily Racing Form Jul 18, 2016
    DEL MAR, Calif. -- Dortmund has won 8 of 10 starts, six stakes, and has earned $1,712,480 so far in his career.
    "Eight of 10, not many do that," owner Kaleem Shah said.
    Later in article
    On Saturday, Dortmund is scheduled to have his first start of 2016 in the $200,000 San Diego Handicap at 1-1/16 miles, a prep for the $1 million Pacific Classic on Aug. 20. Dortmund's return will be overshadowed by the comeback of California Chrome, the 2014 Horse of the Year, who has not raced since winning the $10 million Dubai World Cup in March.
    http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/17100157/dortmund-returns-new-role-spoiler
    Dortmund vs Chrome
  • Godspeed Dortman. But, my heart is with Chromie. Just hope for a safe trip for all of them.
  • KetaKeta Member
    2016 San Diego Handicap (G2)
    Date/Track: 7/23/2016, Del Mar
    Distance: 1 1/16 m (Dirt)
    Age/Sex: 3 M
    Chrome is carrying 5 lbs. more than rest of fields
  • Happy to see that Dortman has Gary riding. Gary and Mike take care of their mounts!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Battle to the finish line between Dortmund & California Chrome!
    San Diego Handicap 2016
    TVG July 23 2016

• KMMKMM Member
    Dortmund is very good.
  • Dortmund Looks to Play Spoiler in 2016 TVG Pacific Classic:
  • Dortmund is running October 1st in the Awesome Again Stakes for 3 year olds and upward going 1 1/8th miles at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Rafael Bejarano. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Kaleem Shah Inc.
  • He will be facing the big guy, Chrome, in that race!
  • Dortmund is running October 1st in the Awesome Again Stakes for 3 year olds and upward going 1 1/8th miles at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Rafael Bejarano. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Kaleem Shah Inc.

I think I actually heard he's getting blinkers in this race as well, which is intriguing.
  • Per Equibase- blinkers on
  • RACE REPLAY + POST RACE WINNER’S CIRCLE & INTERVIEWS
    Awesome Again Stakes (Gr I) – Saturday, October 1 2016
    Santa Anita Park Published on Oct 1, 2016

Dortmund ran a brave Second on a 90 degree day!
  • He gave it his all. Chrome is just a beast on the track. No shame to Dortman for finishing second to him.
  • According to the DRF, Dortmund is pointing at the Dirt Mile instead of the Classic. Disappointing, but not unexpected.
  • According to the DRF, Dortmund is pointing at the Dirt Mile instead of the Classic. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

Dortmund Headed To Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile, Not Classic: http://www.paulickreport.com/news/breeders-cup/dortmund-headed-breeders-cup-dirt-mile-not-classic/
  • Good! Then I can cheer for both he and Chrome.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited October 2016
    Choice makes sense. All fields are shaping up to be very competitive. I'm a Chatterbox, after her weekend G1 win, is headed to Distaff, win and your in, so no entry fee for her owners.
  • Me too. Dortmund was my original Derby pick. Still love him.
  • I'm glad that he doesn't have to lose to Chrome again. I was worried about him losing interest.
  • So, will Martin Garcia ride Dortmund in Breeders Cup?
    Trainer Baffert, jockey Garcia together again after six-month break
    By Steve Andersen Daily Racing Form 10/16/2016
    ARCADIA, Calif. - Trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Martin Garcia, who have teamed to win Grade 1 races such as the Breeders’ Cup Classic, Santa Anita Derby, and Los Alamitos Futurity the last two years, are working together after a break of nearly six months.
    http://www.drf.com/news/trainer-baffert-jockey-garcia-together-again-after-six-month-break

• edited October 2016
    Although I like Texas Chrome, I really want this win for Dortmund. The big guy needs a win.
  • I`m gonna need a bigger bag.
    the mile is shaping up as a barn burner, and as long as Runhappy runs here, he`s my play.
    Pay me please, and dont wrinkle my bills.
  • Should be a fun race. I don't think Runhappy wants any part of a mile. I view him as a pure sprinter no matter what his connections are trying to make him out to be. I think Dortmund will like a two-turn mile but luckily I'm no bettor ;)