Casper Wyoming racing

For the first time in 17 years, they started racing at Casper Wyoming today. We drove the two hours to watch . Of course it is small town racing, had both Quarter Horse and Thoroughbreds there. Was surprised to see a Corithian colt and a Big Brown colt both from Kentucky in the middle of nowhere in the same race. I didn't bet ,but chose the Corithian for first and the Big Brown for second and that is how they ended the race. Was a lot of fun, will be going back next weekend

Comments

• That sounds like fun. Glad you had the chance to do that.
  • Good article in Blood horse. They are shifting to different tracks across the state for 3 day meets.
  • Yea, that is where I saw it, otherwise would never have known. They race two days this weekend, then two days next weekend. Might even have to bet the next time.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2015
    I am glad you got to go. Horseracing in small meets has to be fun.My retired mare's dam raced in those kinds of venues in Washington state. In MD, we have Timonium.
  • Very laid back. Very "home town" style. Lots of fun, will be going back , might even bet a few dollars.