Lotta Kim (dam of Rachel Alexandra)

Since Vertigineux had her own discussion I figured I should make one for Lotta Kim.

Comments

• Explains her sporadic breeding which vets seem to have overcome. There is a back story to her current owner, not explained though.
  • In other words, she did not explain how she got the made, but was emotional in story. She said she might relay it in future.
  • Wonderful article on her. Love this mare. Really excited though because for some reason, I thought she was much older. :)
  • For all their perseverance with Lotta Kim I hope Heaven Trees Farm gets a filly eventually. To see what kind of broodmare RA has turned into is even more motivation I am sure.
  • In other words, she did not explain how she got the made, but was emotional in story. She said she might relay it in future.
    Below is what she said. Mr. Morrison must have trusted McGehee to do right by Lotta Kim.

McGehee said she wasn’t ready to talk about all of the details of how she picked up Lotta Kim.

“Let’s just say that Mr. Morrison made it possible for me to have this mare,” McGehee said. “Maybe I’ll tell that full story someday but I’m not ready to yet. I get too emotional. I can’t tell it without crying.”
  • Wow, that last sentence sounds very intriguing.
  • Yes. I hope she does share the behind the scenes deal someday.
    Wow, that last sentence sounds very intriguing.
  • So glad she is with someone who loves her. I seem to remember she rejected Rachel who had to be put with a nurse mare??? The physical problems could possibly be why she rejected her first baby. Rachel was a good loving mother. Valentina had to be put with a nurse mare because of Rachel's illness.