Bookings for Mares for 2017

QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
edited December 2015 in Thoroughbred Breeding
Since there isn't a discussion for this yet I was asked to make one.

Comments

• Thanks, QZF22!
  • Mares booked to American Pharoah:

Take Charge Lady (dam of Take Charge Indy, Will Take Charge etc)
    Charming (dam of Take Charge Brandi)
    Judy The Beauty
    Untouched Talent (dam of Bodemiester)
    Awesome Maria
    Ivanavinalot (dam of Songbird)
    Playa Maya (dam of Uncle Mo)
    Arch's Gal Edith (dam of I'll Have Another)
    Rags to Riches
    Refugee (dam of Hoppertunity and Executive Privilege)
    Storm Dixie (dam of Princess of Sylmar)
  • Thanks, QZF22!
    No problem
  • Wouldn't those be mares booked for 2016 (this upcoming breeding season)? Not 2017?
  • Bookings for mares for 2017 foal.
  • That makes more sense. Thanks!
  • Maybe an administrator of forum could add word for 2017 "foal" to thread heading?
  • It's also been mentioned that Lotta Kim (dam of Rachel Alexandra) will be visiting Tapit next year.

Anyone else have any news on famous mares?
  • Wouldn't those be mares booked for 2016 (this upcoming breeding season)? Not 2017?
    Yes i just now noticed that sadly it won't let me edit that...

Yes i just now noticed that sadly it won't let me edit that...
    You can have Kylea edit the heading for you by sending her a message. :oD
  • Word out there is also that Star of Goshen will bear a full sibling to Pioneerof the Nile as her last foal =) Now that her far away lover has returned home.
  • Word out there is also that Star of Goshen will bear a full sibling to Pioneerof the Nile as her last foal =) Now that her far away lover has returned home.
    Ph yeah I read that somewhere maybe on twitter?
  • Switch ---> Galileo
    Discreet Marq ---> Galileo
  • Three Hearts ---> Distorted Humor
  • Take Charge Brandi ---> Curlin
  • Interesting that John Sikura brought into Curlin and moved him to Hill 'n Dale for 2016 and purchased Take Charge Brandi in November for $6,000,000. Can't wait for that foal! :-)
  • KayJayKayJay Member
    edited January 2016
    Does anyone have any information on Royal Delta? The last thing I read she was shipping to Ireland to be bred to Galileo, stay there 'til the foal was born, be bred back to him and shipped with her foal back to the US. That was right after she was retired. Did she get back to the states with her foal?
  • Serene Melody --> Candy Ride

She just won her first stakes race but will be retired
  • Serene Melody --> Candy Ride

She just won her first stakes race but will be retired
    Too valuable as a broodmare to continue to race, probably. Candy Ride is an interesting choice.

• WezzieWezzie Member
    edited January 2016
    Rumor and rumor only says Love the Chase (dam of California Chrome) is headed to Tapit. I am skeptical.

Martin Racing on Facebook now confirms- Tapit is the man.
  • Rumor and rumor only says Love the Chase (dam of California Chrome) is headed to Tapit. I am skeptical.

Martin Racing on Facebook now confirms- Tapit is the man.
    GREAT news!! Thanks for passing it along!

• Wasn't entirely sure where to put this but this seems to fit.

An interesting approach. They've kept her in training and are getting her in some races but also plan to bred her this season. I hope she takes with MdO, the resulting foal should be very nice indeed.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/97010/la-verdad-gallops-to-easy-interborough-win
  • Thanks, @Zenyen. Clever of them to send her to MdO. Speedy mare to stamina sire. Where have we seen this before? Filly, please! :)