Most likely sire for Z 2017

Comments

• Is Summer Solo--Arch and Summer solstice/Claerleon in foal to Gostzapper and purchased for 770,000. interesting?
    I realize Virgina Payson is buying the Summer Solstice girls, but she was willing to pay for the foal. Can you see why I am asking?..and am I down the wrong rabbit hole?
  • KMMKMM Member
    Not sure about your question, tincup. It looks like Arch is desirable sire in this sale. Don't remember if he is here or daughter. Or if she is daughter. K
  • KMMKMM Member
    I like virgina payson. She said she was bidding out of her comfort zone, and she is 80. Undoubtedly rich! :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    She has not bought horses in sometime, but respected her competitive breeder's choices in bloodlines, and wanted to scoop them up.:)
  • KMMKMM Member
    I have been cryptic. Payson was a competitive breeder with the breeder of the mares she bought. Dispersal sale. Breeder died.
  • mc3mc3 Member
    i really like medaglia doro and empire maker
  • KMMKMM Member
    When do we have times when they publish next sire for her?
  • KMMKMM Member
    Meaning when have announced in past_?
  • Meaning when have announced in past_?
    There hasn't been any consistent time.

Cozmic One was born March 11th and on March 22nd it was announced that Zenyatta would BE bred to Tapit.

Ziconic was born April 1st and on June 14th it was announced that Zenyatta was IN foal to War Front.

Z14 was born April 20th and on May 5th it was announced that Zenyatta would have the year off.

So it varies. If they decide to simply announce the intended sire, they may announce it within weeks of Z16's foaling. If they wait till she is in foal to the stallion, then it will be a couple of months.

• mc3mc3 Member
    how many established sires are around
  • KMMKMM Member
    That is a pretty broad question with no definitive parameters. What do you mean; stallions the mosses would consider? Z would only be going to top tier stallions, a much narrower group.
  • bigherbiebigherbie Member
    edited January 2016
    That is a pretty broad question with no definitive parameters. What do you mean; stallions the mosses would consider? Z would only be going to top tier stallions, a much narrower group.
    In your opinion, which stallions would be on your list?

• mc3mc3 Member
    1 medaglia doro 2 ghostzapper 3 hard spun 4 empire maker 5 kitten's joy in no particular order
  • KMMKMM Member
    My list in no special order: MDO, speightstown, more than ready, awesome again if he is still available, empire maker, hard spun (some of these boys may be too big), I like unproven Graydar, of course tapit and war front, tiz now, too bad scat daddy is gone, candy ride, and maybe a top storm cat son (not sure about which one to pick), is Harlan's holiday still out there?, maybe PofN, do we have any Deputy minister sons in top tier?, even super saver or sons of Maria's Mon if we have some top notch sons, I like El Pradosvsons but would not go with kitten's joy because there are too many. Just a slice.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Forgot Giant's Causeway: great son of Stormcat that would be one of my top picks. I wish she could travel. There are so outstanding Euro stallions likeSea the Stars and Frankel. Wouldn't it be great to see a Z offspring racing in the Arc, now rated the world's top race by the Longines committee in Blood horse today.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Lonhro, More Than Ready, PofN....and my no way it could happen...Deep Impact
  • Oooooh yes, Deep Impact! I know it wouldn't happen, too, but if it did, wow!
  • Well, it COULD happen.
  • They're not sending Zenyatta to Japan any time soon. She's long been known to be a terrible traveler.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2016
    My list in no special order: MDO, speightstown, more than ready, awesome again if he is still available, empire maker, hard spun (some of these boys may be too big), I like unproven Graydar, of course tapit and war front, tiz now, too bad scat daddy is gone, candy ride, and maybe a top storm cat son (not sure about which one to pick), is Harlan's Holiday still out there?, maybe PofN, do we have any Deputy minister sons in top tier?, even super saver or sons of Maria's Mon if we have some top notch sons, I like El Pradosvsons but would not go with kitten's joy because there are too many. Just a slice.
    Sadly Harlan's Holiday (1999-$3,632,664) is no longer with us. He shuttled from WinStar to Haras La Mission in Argentina...but on 11/1/2013, Harlan's Holiday was euthanized in Argentina at only 14 years old. He collapsed just after a routine breeding session, having suddenly lost use of his hind end. His intestine prolapsed from his rectum and he went into shock. Vets tried to repair the prolapse, but were unsuccessful...he is truly missed. At WinStar, Take Charge Indy now occupies Harlan's Holiday's stall. btw...Harlan's son Willcox Inn (2008c-$1,015,543) also died on 5/24/2015 after a paddock accident.

Perhaps Harlan's Holiday's son Into Mischief (2005c-$592,080) might be a choice representing his sire's legacy...He stands at Spendthrift for $45,000 s/n. Into Mischief sired Goldencents (2010c), Vicars In Trouble (2011c)...and outstanding gelding Vyjack (2010).

Or...a handsome, young 2010 son of Harlan's Holiday-Shanghai Bobby (2010c-$1,857,000) is currently standing for $15,000 at Ashford/Coolmore America. Perhaps a future date down the row maybe?
    http://www.zenyatta.com/discussions#/discussion/comment/151783
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    edited January 2016
    Into Mischief would be an excellent choice to add speed, but I don't care for his conformation for Zenyatta. He is turning out to be a very successful stallion though! His pedigree is fantastic -- he's a half to Beholder. :)
  • In that case, I'd say use the other half... Henny Hughes... except for that damned Storm Cat.
  • Henny Hughes stands in Japan.

His most accomplished US based progeny are his daughters, none of his US sons are in Zenyatta's breeding tier.
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    edited January 2016
    A caste system in horse breeding! Shades of India.
    Where would I find the list of stallions in Z's tier that she would be allowed to breed with?
  • /snaps fingers.

Forgot my own rules. Senior moment, got to remember not to do that.