Most likely sire for Z 2017

Comments

• Vicar's in Trouble is little.
  • EliRose...I hadn't quite thought that way but you're right. Mo did have speed!
  • That's a horse who I WISH stuck around. His Dirt Mile is one for the ages.

I hadn't really looked at his pedigree before, either, mostly because I'm not a huge Unbridled's Song fan. Wow, I love it! He's about as "Nerud-bred" as a horse can get.
    Me too! He had a brilliant year in a year of many horses having brilliant years. Any other year and he would have been an Eclipse winner. It would be nice to see what Z would do under the Unbridled line.

@wezzie -- Paniolo Gal said during the tour the grooms were joking about how incorrect that was, and that he's much taller. She had a thread about her tour, maybe a search?
  • KMMKMM Member
    She had a lot if gas as a closer!
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2016
    Coolmore Australia lists Uncle Mo at 16.2
    http://coolmore.com/stallions/uncle-mo/?farm=australia
    I've seen Uncle Mo in person...he is a handsome but very large stallion (tall and long)...he looks more like a warmblood! His standard sized stall appeared too small for him! The guide at Ashford Coolmore said that Uncle Mo definitely is not 16.2hh..."Uncle Mo clears 17hh if not more." Note: many other stallions heights listed are not accurate, even at other farms...War Front for example is shorter than his listed height of 16hh. When I visited Claiborne, the guide there said War Front barely reaches 15.3 at best...I had to agree. Seeing is believing. So you can't use the Coolmore site for height as being accurate.
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    edited January 2016
    Is there some kind of problem with actually measuring these guys? It's all he said she said and no-one actually knows nuthin. And everyone knows how bad guys are at measuring things anyway.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2016
    Is there some kind of problem with actually measuring these guys? It's all he said she said and no-one actually knows nuthin. And everyone knows how bad guys are at measuring things anyway.
    In a discussion I had in Visiting Thoroughbred Breeding Farms...a possible reason why stud farms would list inaccurate heights might be for better acceptance for breeding of their stallion. They tend to give a more "acceptable" height of the stallion to probably draw-in more potential owners of mares. At least breeders will come to the farm to take a personal look for themselves rather than not being considered from the onset. If they saw from the start in the website listing, a stallion that was too tall or too small for their mare, that could automatically be a turn-off.

Only an assumption but in several occasions, I saw that a tall horse was listed with a shorter height as well as a small stallion given a more exaggerated height. The two stallions: Uncle Mo and War Front are perfect examples when I went to visit these various breeding farms.

Orb is another...he is a small horse but is listed as 16.1hh. He looked more in the mid 15hh range in person when I stood next to him for photos. My height is around 16 hands (+/-) but the top of my head was taller than Orb's and War Front's withers.
  • Just what I said about men and measurements. I know what y'all think I was referring to, but you're wrong. I'm 6 feet tall and I can't tell you how many 6 feet tall men I've met and looked down on their bald spots. Guess "truth in advertising" hasn't reached the Thoroughbred industry.
  • Thank you Paniola Gal.
  • Whoodler, you have hilarious!
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited January 2016
    You are right whoodler! I agree that men can exaggerate their height. I am 5'9 1/2 and dated a Georgetown law student way back who used to wear cowboy boots with quite the heels. Made him, maybe , 5'8". He was cute and charming, though. :)
  • mc3mc3 Member
    medaglia doro pedigree is different than most sires that's why i think he's the best choice
  • I second that.
  • Yeah, no Mr P or Cat stuff.
  • Mr. P in and of itself isn't a bad thing. Not very big on Cats, but Mr. P has some very strong, sound lines. Thinking Forty Niner.
  • Mr. P in and of itself isn't a bad thing. Not very big on Cats, but Mr. P has some very strong, sound lines. Thinking Forty Niner.
    Distorted Humor?

• whoodlerwhoodler Member
    edited January 2016
    It is not the horse himself, but the fact he is in 98% of today's pedigrees, usually several times and on both sides. ANY pedigree without him is five stars in my book.

Distorted Humor?

Yes, and his daughters.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Me too!
  • KMMKMM Member
    The less Mr. P the better, in my book!

Distorted Humor?

Yes, and his daughters.
    Agreed! :)
  • Sometimes height can be really deceptive. My gelding was 16.1 but most guessed him to be much taller. He had NO withers to speak of so there was very little difference between his height at the withers and his height at his back. Saddling him was like fitting a saddle on a 55 gallon drum. His mother was the opposite. Her lovely, high, well shaped withers had her at 16.0 but she appeared much smaller because of how low her back appeared.
  • Gulf Stream race #7 read and see..?...
  • Does anyone understand?
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited January 2016
    Space Mountain, son of Streetcry, owned by St. George racing et all, out of a Stormcat mare I think? Stormcat for Z, reverse the lines?