THE FIRST TIME I SAW HER

LadietwoLadietwo Member
edited April 2012 in Zenyatta
SHE TOOK MY BREATH AWAY AT THE 2008 BREEDERS CUP LADIES CLASSIC.
She was towering over the lead pony and I just fell in love with her.
I have followed her since...@ Santa Anita, @ Del Mar...my husband and I planned our vacations around what track she was going to run on...My heart would race...I could feel it pounding in my chest...thought it would burst every time...as I stood on the rail at the finish line...

We were at Del Mar one time and she stopped right in front of us on the rail with Mike Smith lookin so proud to be on such a beautiful gift from God... and I yelled her name...she looked me right in the eye and I yelled "ZENYATTA I LOVE YOU" I knew I just had a second I would never forget...

I wrote her in her Diary almost every day...and now I am here with many of her fans just trying to keep in touch with our Champion...our Friend...

God Bless you and your new colt....I have many posters I have collected and framed and put on a big wall in our home and today I hung the newest one with Zenyatta and Z12...ITS AWESOME...

GOD BLESS ALL
MARY

Comments

• Ladietwo - Love the part where you called her and she looked right at you. You're so lucky. The first time I saw her, was the 2008 BCLC. She took my breath away also, with her gorgeous looks, great personality, and awesome physical skills. And, she could dance! What a combo. I have followed her ever since, and am so glad that she retired healthy and whole, and had that sweet baby boy. And now she excels at motherhood too.
  • The first time I saw Zenny was in one of those heavenly videos Kari created. Immediately I searched the internet to learn anything and everything about her. It was 2008 and what a ride she took me on. I just knew she was special...everything about her is perfect. And seeing her run the 2010 BC was icing on the cake...I fell in love all over again.
  • Lucky Ladietwo. From the look in Lil Z's eye....oh boy. Hope we have more to come.
    I can't imagine seeing Z up close. I get chills watching her racing videos and photos.

Now she is Momma extraordinaire!!!!! That is a cool story!!

Wish I could be on the rail today...love it.