Comments

• edited April 2016
    Oh my! Devastating ease in the Florida Derby. On to the Kentucky Derby.
  • Wowwww Nyquist! That was definitely the most impressive Derby prep I've seen this year. That's what I've been looking for all year.
  • That was awesome. Nyquist has answered every question easily.

Little green in the stretch.
  • I was rooting for Nyquist. :) He sure did pull wide in the stretch run. I hope he doesn't do that in the Derby.
  • KetaKeta Member
    RACE REPLAY: Nyquist Tops Mohaymen in Florida Derby
    TVG Network Published on Apr 2, 2016
    Nyquist preserved his undefeated record with a win in the 2016 Florida Derby Saturday at Gulfstream Park. Mohaymen, who also came into the race undefeated, ran fourth.
  • Thank you for posting the race Keta. Nyquist is the real deal! :-)

• Thanks for the replay, Keta. Nyquist seemed to be looking around for someone to take on, as he drifted out in the stretch. He really seemed to focus after he realized no one was there to take him on. At least that's my take on his run. He seems smart and gutsy. He really lays it down in all his races. I'm sure he will bring on Derby day.
  • I wonder what Uncle Mo's fee will go up to next year, especially if Nyquist wins the Derby?
  • After the performance Nyquist put on Saturday, I feel a little more optimistic about Exaggerator even after that dismal last race. Too bad Swipe was hurt and doesn't look to be running in the Derby.
  • Yeah I think that was very flattering to both Swipe and Exaggerator. Swipe is actually scheduled to run in the Lexington Stakes though, which gives 10 points to the winner for the Kentucky Derby. It might put him on the bubble, but at least he'll have a shot at running.
  • Swipe also worked the bullet a couple of days ago at Santa Anita, he could be a threat. Don't count him out yet.

• EliRose
    Thank you for the nice photos of Swipe. At this late date it will be hard to get enough points to go in the Derby but would be great if he could.
  • Yeah, I was hoping he'd be in the Derby and would win. He's another one of Spider's "half-brothers" sire-side, so not official. He was born the same year as Spider, too. See Mea Ola's thread for lots of pictures of Spider, the rescued TB yearling who was cured of his lameness and fractured pelvis, present since his birth. Here he is in a recent hilarious video, make sure the sound is on. https://www.facebook.com/OperationHorseRescue/videos/1011340158956553/
    and here he is a day or so later with his ball in the round pen for turn out.
    https://www.facebook.com/OperationHorseRescue/videos/1012730362150866/
  • paulickreport and TVG:
    Nyquist walking shedrow for a couple days instead of going to the track because of an elevated white count. No fever, good appetite.
  • KetaKeta Member
    There are 3 videos in this article: Nyquist workout, Land Over Sea workout,
    and Doug O'Neill interview

Nyquist Works Five Furlongs in 1:02.60 (VIDEO)
    HorseRacingNation.com April 15, 2016
    Reddam Racing’s undefeated Nyquist began his serious preparation for the
    $2 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1) by working five furlongs in 1:02.60 over a fast track on a mild Friday morning at Keeneland.
    With regular exercise rider Jonny Garcia aboard, Nyquist backtracked to the half-mile pole alongside a pony and then jogged around to the sixteenth pole, where he broke away from the pony.
    Keeneland clockers caught Nyquist in fractions of :12.60, :24.80, :37.20, 1:02.60 and out six furlongs in 1:17.20 for the final segments of the morning’s activity.
    http://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Nyquist_Works_Five_Furlongs_in_1_02_60_123#
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Don't know if they put much emphasis on the Dosage Index anymore but Nyquist is 7.00. His CD is 1. Think the high Dosage could be because Uncle Mo is such a young sire.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Good story about Nyquist's values as he went through different sales at different ages. Blood horse.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Nyquist wins 2016 Kentucky Derby, remains unbeaten
    NBC Sports Published on May 7, 2016
    Nyquist wins 142nd Kentucky Derby and remains unbeaten after holding off Exaggerator in second with Gun Runner coming in third.
  • Thanks for the replay. Todays Derby had special meaning to me. Nyquist was the first undefeated horse since Majestic Prince to win the Derby. Today is my birthday. I was born the year Majestic Prince won. Dang, should of wagered on that one.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    Not to burst a bubble, but Barbaro was undefeated.
  • So was Seattle Slew. In fact, he was an undefeated Triple Crown winner.
  • Just realized that but channel 5 had stated that the last to do so was MP. How could I have forgotten about Barbaro?
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    Of the two examples let's hope Nyquist follows Slew's and not Barbaro.
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Congrats to Nyquist. He was the best horse and the real thing. But, I still am in Exaggerator's corner. Think he will make a real showing if he makes it to the Belmont. So happy all of the horses seem to have come out of the race healthy.