2016 Foals

1343536373840»

Comments

• VA_in_CA said:

I could never be a breeder of anything because of all the things that can cause the babies to die. I would be constantly in tears.

It never gets easier, VA. With puppies, be they three days, months, or years.......breeding is not for the feint of heart.
  • I couldn't even survive the births, much less the deaths. Lol! You breeders have my respect.
  • Hats off to the breeders as well. It was hard for me to give the kittens away earlier this year and it sucked to learn that one of them got out of their house and ran away :(
  • EliRose said:

Words cannot express how much I love the New Years Day babies. Meet the new "mellowing" sire. Watch out for these good-natured things on the track! His owners have supplied him with VERY nice mares.

Sleepy, sleepy, sleeeeeepy colt out of a stakes-placed Monarchos mare.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Really precious colt out of a half to Flat Out.

The second colt won a GS MC by 9 3/4 lengths on debut yesterday - Maxium Security. He’ll definitely move up in class next out!

Photo from Video Hipico’s Twitter.
  • edited June 2019
    @elirose: Hey, I found this post of yours from December 2018. I love how you "called out" Maximum Security as a horse on the move and also your recommendation of New Years Day as a sire.

In his race today...I saw him do a two-step right before the gate opened and then sure enough he stumbled coming out of the gate. Maybe cost him the race, I don't know, but I think this was a good race to tighten the screws for his next race.
    EliRose said:

EliRose said:

Words cannot express how much I love the New Years Day babies. Meet the new "mellowing" sire. Watch out for these good-natured things on the track! His owners have supplied him with VERY nice mares.

The second colt won a GS MC by 9 3/4 lengths on debut yesterday - Maxium Security. He’ll definitely move up in class next out!

EliRose said:

EliRose said:

• @elirose: Hey, I found this post of yours from December 2018. I love how you "called out" Maximum Security as a horse on the move and also your recommendation of New Years Day as a sire.

In his race today...I saw him do a two-step right before the gate opened and then sure enough he stumbled coming out of the gate. Maybe cost him the race, I don't know, but I think this was a good race to tighten the screws for his next race.

EliRose said:

EliRose said:

EliRose said:

EliRose said:

I was there today, actually! It was a scary moment.

Yeah I didn't think he was going to win today, Servis got me really nervous. Max was pretty off looking in the paddock Preakness day, as well. It was quite honestly a better effort than I expected. I did see Saez walking back to the jock's room and he was absolutely devastated.

Who knows, might get a better field in the Haskell now.