Lady Pamela (Tapit–Life is Sweet by Storm Cat)

Thought it might be worth starting as a topic Lady Pamela, the 3-year-old daughter by Tapit out of Zenyatta's stablemate Life is Sweet. Lady Pamela worked out this morning at Santa Anita, as did Ziconic. She's been at Santa Anita since December.

Comments

• VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited January 2016
    I remember when they were very young foals, that Ziconic and Life Is Sweet's Tapit filly were best buds. The following year it was Z Princess and Life Is Sweet's colt who were best buds. Of course the friendships were broken up when they separated the foals by gender later. So Lady Pamela must be that filly Ziconic played with at Lane's End. Nice to know she made it to the racetrack at least for training. I'm guessing she is a grey?

Here they are together as foals.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic From Zenyatta Forum Pictures, 2013.
  • KMMKMM Member
    You have a good memory, va.
    edited January 2016
    Actually that's true. That's why I totally was able to believe John Dean. hahaha.

I had this picture in my computer picture file, and thought it was so cool that the two Zenyatta foals became such friends with the two LIS foals even though they were not the same gender. I don't know if I have Z Princess's friend that was the LIS colt in my picures. The foal I have pictures of her with is the one that turned white, or light grey, while still a foal and it had weird face markings when young.

Live Is Sweet's first two foals were fillies (the other by Bernardini) and the 3rd was a colt. I think she had a 4th last year but don't know about it. The colt and the 4th foal are not listed yet on Pedigree Query. Her first filly was Sweet Promises and she won about $5000 but has no wins in 6 starts. She's a 2012 foal.

Lady Pamela is listed as "gr/r" is that grey roan??
  • Its grey or roan
  • I remember when they were very young foals, that Ziconic and Life Is Sweet's Tapit filly were best buds. The following year it was Z Princess and Life Is Sweet's colt who were best buds. Of course the friendships were broken up when they separated the foals by gender later. So Lady Pamela must be that filly Ziconic played with at Lane's End. Nice to know she made it to the racetrack at least for training. I'm guessing she is a grey?

Here they are together as foals.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic From Zenyatta Forum Pictures, 2013.
    Thanks for posting the photo. I had forgotten the Tapit-Life is Sweet filly was so close to Ziconic. I found her searching for the 2014 colt that showed up in so many Z Princess photos. I'm tracking her training on Equibase, so will try to keep updates on her progress. And yes, I think the gr/r means she is gray or roan.
  • She looks to be going grey in the picture.
  • She is a gray.
  • I hope we get some pictures of her grown up in this thread. I liked her mother a lot.
  • I apologize for getting the thread title wrong. It should have been Lady Pamela, Life is Sweet filly by Tapit.
    edited January 2016
    No, Tapit filly is correct. And "out of" Life is Sweet. Zenyatta was a Street Cry filly. They always identify a horse by its sire. Ziconic is identified as a Tapit colt, not a Zenyatta colt, although that's important to us.
  • Traditionally, Sweet Pamela by Tapit out of Life is Sweet. But we all got the idea!
  • You can request the site Admin to change the title to read By Tapit out of Life is Sweet.
    I apologize for getting the thread title wrong. It should have been Lady Pamela, Life is Sweet filly by Tapit.
  • Another workout. Like Ziconic, she seems to be on a regular routine:

Lady Pamela (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: January 25, 2016
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Six Furlongs
    Time: 1.12:80 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Another workout:

Date: February 8, 2016
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 50:80 Handily
  • Another workout. Faster this time:

Date: February 23, 2016
    Time: 48:20 Handily
  • Oh, fantastic! Mom would be so proud!
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    It's been awhile:

Date: May 14, 2016
    Track: SAN LUIS REY TRAINING CENTER
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 40:60 Handily
    edited May 2016
    Lady Pamela has more in common with her "childhood" buddy Ziconic than the same sire. Seems Life Is Sweet's damsire is Kris S who is Zenyatta's damsire.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I love Life is Sweet.
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    Another workout. Seems to be on a very regular schedule:

Date: May 28, 2016
    Time: 51:00 Handily

She also had this one earlier that I didn't post:
    Date: May 21, 2016
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 38:00 Handily
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    Workout, faster this time though not quite as fast as she posted at Santa Anita in late February. Any speculation from those with more track knowledge than I why she went from being at Santa Anita to the San Luis Rey Training Center?

Date: June 4, 2016
    Time: 48:60 Handily
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    I haven't posted the past few workouts as she was still at San Luis Rey Training Center. Now she's at Del Mar. Wonder if we might see a start soon.

Date: July 16, 2016
    Track: DEL MAR
    Distance: Six Furlongs
    Time: 1.14:40 Handily
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    Latest workout, this one from the gate. Steady schedule. Stellar Wind worked the same distance in the same time this morning. Again, seems like a start might be coming soon.

July 24, 2016

Date: July 24, 2016
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.00:00 Handily
  • Another workout, for those following:
    Date: July 31, 2016