Lady Pamela (Tapit–Life is Sweet by Storm Cat)

Comments

• Lady Pamela is entered in the sixth race Saturday at Del Mar, a $63,000 MSW race for 3-year-olds and up over 6 1/2 furlongs. Trainer is C. Sise Jr., jockey will be Kent Desormeaux. She will carry 120 pounds in a field of eight. Post time is 4:40 p.m. Pacific time. I'm excited to see Life is Sweet's daughter race, although I suspect her ultimate value might be as a broodmare, not as a racer, considering the pedigree.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Race record, if any yet or recent works?
  • KMM said:

Race record, if any yet or recent works?

First start for her. As to recent workouts, I've posted several on this thread, so just page back and you should see them.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thanks! Fun! Loved Life is Sweet in her day!
  • KMM said:

Thanks! Fun! Loved Life is Sweet in her day!

And considering Lady Pamela's history with Ziconic, who shared the same sire and same pasture when young, it's extra fun to see how she does on the same track where he is right now. I'm not expecting a win, just would like to see her be competitive and interested in the family business.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I think we might get a win or a show. Keep your fingers crossed. :)
  • Thanks for the race info, BetsyB.
  • Lady Pamela appears to be second choice in the field of eight at 7-2, if I'm reading odds right. Tryst, a Candy Ride filly, is morning line favorite at 5-2 (again, if I'm figuring this right).
  • Race 6 at Del Mar, her race, starts in less than 9 minutes.
  • Lady Pamela looks nice. They're not picking her for the win, though they say on paper she's the class of the field. They think she'll need to go longer given her breeding.
  • Ran with interest but blew the turn. Came in fifth.
  • I should have bet on Tryst. I thought she would win just because her trainer is Richard Mandella. She's a beautiful light chestnut.

Lady Pamela came in 5th, but she was closing. She seems to have got her mother's closing style, and she was making a fast run, but she started too late because she got stuck against the rail and had to slow down a bit to be able to get out and go to the outside, quite wide. Only then could she make a run. She was almost into 4th when the finish line came up. Hope she can start sooner and not get blocked next time. Thought she was beautiful with her various shades of grey and the jockey colors of pale blue looked good with her color.
  • Agree. She needs a longer race.
  • VA_in_CA said:

I should have bet on Tryst. I thought she would win just because her trainer is Richard Mandella. She's a beautiful light chestnut.

Lady Pamela came in 5th, but she was closing. She seems to have got her mother's closing style, and she was making a fast run, but she started too late because she got stuck against the rail and had to slow down a bit to be able to get out and go to the outside, quite wide. Only then could she make a run. She was almost into 4th when the finish line came up. Hope she can start sooner and not get blocked next time. Thought she was beautiful with her various shades of grey and the jockey colors of pale blue looked good with her color.

Agree with your assessment of the race. She was coming on in the end but she swung way wide at the turn; the jockey looked like he had to point her back in or she'd have gone even farther out. And remember, the winner Tryst was on her fourth race while this was Lady Pamela's first start. She can grow on this. Her trainer, who I'm not familiar with, seems very high on her, said she's a sweetheart (which she shares with Ziconic, along with a sire and early upbringing).

I'll post the chart when available.
  • Race 6 Post: 4:33 PM PT Dirt - Fast
    6 1/2 Furlongs | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up | MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT | PURSE: $64,035
    # HORSE JOCKEY Weight TRAINER WIN $ PLACE $ SHOW $
    7 Tryst F. Prat 124Lbs R. Mandella 4.00 3.20 2.40
    1 Dashin Ashen S. Gonzalez 120Lbs C. Lopez 6.60 3.80
    4 Breathe T. Baze 120Lbs J. Sadler 4.00
    Times in 5ths: :214 :443 1:094 1:163
    Times in 100ths: :21.96 :44.67 1:09.89 1:16.64
    Winner Information:
    Winning Trainer: Mandella Richard | Owner: Bass Ramona
    Winning Sire: Candy Ride*Arg | Breeder: Hebert Thoroughbreds
    Unplaced horses listed in order of finish:
    Also ran: Dama Fina, Lady Pamela, Vivacious Beauty, Tandora and Pragmatical
    Pay offs: $1.00 Exacta (7-1) Paid: $12.80 , $2.00 Quinella (1-7) Paid: $17.80 , $.50 Trifecta (7-1-4) Paid: $32.15 , $1.00 Superfecta (7-1-4-8) Paid: $513.30 , $1.00 Pick 3 (6-1-7) (3 Correct) Paid: $72.60 Pick 3 Pool $106,829.00 , $2.00 Daily Double (1-7) Paid: $61.40 Daily Double Pool $34,763.00
  • From the Daily Racing Form chart:
    TRYST bobbled at the start, stalked three deep then four wide a half mile out, continued outside on the turn and three wide into the stretch, rallied under urging to get up in the final stride. DASHIN ASHEN had good early speed and dueled inside, put a head in front in midstretch, fought back along the rail through the final furlong and was edged late. BREATHE sped to the early lead, dueled outside the runner-up, fought back outside that one in the final furlong and was between horses at the line. DAMA FINA stalked outside then three deep, angled in between horses into the stretch and lacked a rally. LADY PAMELA saved ground chasing the pace, came out on the turn and three wide into the stretch and could not summon the necessary response. VIVACIOUS BEAUTY stalked between horses then a bit off the rail, split rivals again on the turn and weakened. TANDORA pulled early and steadied, tugged her way between horses on the backstretch, fell back a bit off the rail on the turn and weakened. PRAGMATICAL a bit slow to begin, pulled between horses to chase the pace, dropped back on the turn, gave way and was eased in the stretch.
    Owners- 1, Bass Ramona S; 2, Get It Got It Good Stable; 3, Doubledown Stables Inc; 4, Hicker George and Button Stable; 5, Wygod Martin J Wygod Pam and Lessee; 6, DP Racing LLC; 7, Tommy Hutton's Dream Stable LLC; 8, Little Red Feather Racing
    Trainers- 1, Mandella Richard; 2, Lopez Carlos; 3, Sadler John W; 4, Jones Martin F; 5, Sise Clifford Jr; 6, Cassidy James; 7, D'Amato Philip; 8, Puype Mike
  • First workout since first race:

Lady Pamela (3-Year-Old Filly)
    Date: August 16, 2016
    Track: DEL MAR
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 49:00 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Another workout.

Date: August 25, 2016
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.00:80 Handily
  • Great. Sounds like she is a late developer since it is now August of her 3-year old year. I can't remember if she has raced yet. If so, don't think she broke her maiden yet. Not sure. Someone set me straight.
  • KMMKMM Member
    She ran at Del Mar 08/06/16 MSW, placed 5.
  • Thanks. I even think I watched that race. I need to stop trying to go on only 4 and 5 hours of sleep. Sigh.
  • VA_in_CA said:

Thanks. I even think I watched that race. I need to stop trying to go on only 4 and 5 hours of sleep. Sigh.

I wasn't going to say anything, but yes, you did. And we all have those days. I certainly do and don't have the excuse of only 4-5 hours of sleep. :)
  • Lady Pamela (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: September 2, 2016
    Time: 1.01:80 Handily
  • Well, at least one of the horses I'm following through Equibase appears to still be in training:

Date: September 9, 2016
    Track: SAN LUIS REY TRAINING CENTER
    Time: 1.00:80 Handily
  • Lady Pamela is running September 16th in a maiden special weight for fillies and mares 3 years old an upward going one mile at Los Alamitos. She will be ridden by Jamie Theriot. She is trained by Cliff Sise and bred and owned by the Wygod's.