Lady Pamela (Tapit–Life is Sweet by Storm Cat)

Comments

• Lady Pamela is running September 16th in a maiden special weight for fillies and mares 3 years old an upward going one mile at Los Alamitos. She will be ridden by Jamie Theriot. She is trained by Cliff Sise and bred and owned by the Wygod's.

She finished 2nd beaten by a neck.
  • Lady Pamela (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: October 1, 2016
    Track: SAN LUIS REY TRAINING CENTER
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 48:40 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Lady Pamela (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: October 8, 2016
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.02:20 Handily
  • At least one of the horses I follow still is working out ...

Lady Pamela (3-Year-Old Filly)
    Date: October 15, 2016
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.02:00 Handily
  • Lady Pamela is running October 27th in a maiden special weight for fillies and mares 3 years old and upward going 1 1/8th miles on turf at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Kent Desormeaux. She is trained by Cliff Sise and bred and owned by the Wygods.
  • Lady Pamela is running October 27th in a maiden special weight for fillies and mares 3 years old and upward going 1 1/8th miles on turf at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Kent Desormeaux. She is trained by Cliff Sise and bred and owned by the Wygods.

Thanks for posting the race. I wondered after the latest workout today whether a race might be coming soon. Interesting that they're trying her on turf. Did Life is Sweet ever run a turf race?

This was her work today:
    Date: October 22, 2016
    Time: 47:80 Handily
  • Shout out to Lady Pamela, who broke her maiden today in a 1 1/8th mile turf race at Santa Anita. I didn't get to see the race, but here's the notes from the chart:

LADY PAMELA pulled along the inside then chased a bit off the rail, continued outside a rival on the backstretch and into the second turn, came three wide into the stretch and rallied under left handed urging to gain the lead in deep stretch and proved best. SUGARY stumbled at the start, angled in and settled
    inside then outside a rival on the backstretch, came out on the second turn and four wide into the stretch and finished willingly to edge the pacesetter for second. LAUREN'S EXPORT sped to the early lead outside foes, angled in and set the pace inside, remained clear past midstretch, could not hold off the
    winner and lost the place late. ONZAWAY stalked three deep then outside a rival, continued off the rail into the stretch and lacked the needed rally. SWEET CONNIE pulled along the inside and steadied in tight on the first turn, saved ground stalking the pace, came out on the second turn and three wide into the
    stretch and weakened. ANGEL ON POINT broke a bit slowly, settled off the pace inside, came out leaving the second turn and three deep into the stretch and did not rally. WHISTLE PRETTY stalked three deep early then a bit off the rail, dropped back between foes leaving the second turn and weakened.
    PAULINASLUVFOREVER pulled between horses and was in a bit tight on the first turn, stalked inside, dropped back leaving the second turn and gave way, then was unsaddled at the end of the stretch and walked off.

Now if her former pasture mate and fellow Tapit offspring can do the same -- maybe it would be good to try the boy on turf, given what it did for this filly.

She finished 1st of 8
  • KMMKMM Member
    She is on her way! :)
  • KMM said:

Indeed. I got to see the replay and she looked very keen, very tuned into her rider, and happy, ears pricked up after she finished. She blew the turn in her first race and went wide this time but still managed to surge to the lead with little trouble. I don't know enough about times or the level of competition, but she appeared to enjoy the experience. I thought Kent Desormeaux didn't seem to use the whip much, if at all. I hope she continues to develop, though I suspect had she not won a race she'd still have been a prized broadmare prospect.
  • BetsyB said:

KMM said:

Indeed. I got to see the replay and she looked very keen, very tuned into her rider, and happy, ears pricked up after she finished. She blew the turn in her first race and went wide this time but still managed to surge to the lead with little trouble. I don't know enough about times or the level of competition, but she appeared to enjoy the experience. I thought Kent Desormeaux didn't seem to use the whip much, if at all. I hope she continues to develop, though I suspect had she not won a race she'd still have been a prized broadmare prospect.
    Speaking of broodmare. The Wygod's have Sweet Promises (Lady Pamela's 4 year old 1/2 sister by Bernardini) selling at the Keeneland November sale in foal to I believe Candy Ride or Twirling Candy?
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited October 2016
    Good race. She came from behind just like her mama did. I remember Life Is Sweet winning the 2009 BC Ladies Classic. Lady Pamela is a beautiful grey. I'll post the replay, but it may not work since a password is needed to get the video.
    http://www.calracing.com/live-video/replays/ Nope. Think you have to be a subscriber, but it's free. Maybe someone else can find it. It's Race #5.
  • VA_in_CA said:

Good race. She came from behind just like her mama did. I remember Life Is Sweet winning the 2009 BC Ladies Classic. Lady Pamela is a beautiful grey. I'll post the replay, but it may not work since a password is needed to get the video.
    http://www.calracing.com/live-video/replays/ Nope. Think you have to be a subscriber, but it's free. Maybe someone else can find it. It's Race #5.

Yeah, I think they switched to a subscriber-only system. I had to sign up for a month of replays to access the race, which I've not had to do before. And yes, Lady Pamela is a well-formed gray with a pretty white-tipped tail. Just fun to see Life is Sweet produce a winner, no matter what the level.
  • BetsyB said:

KMM said:

Speaking of broodmare. The Wygod's have Sweet Promises (Lady Pamela's 4 year old 1/2 sister by Bernardini) selling at the Keeneland November sale in foal to I believe Candy Ride or Twirling Candy?
    Anytime you can get a "cast-off" from the Wygod's, and you have the money, it can be a good risk to take. They are the Breeder's of some nice horses who have turned out to be a good investment for there buyers. Shared Belief and his dam come to mind.

• For what it's worth:

Date: November 10, 2016
    Track: DEL MAR
    Time: 51:60 Handily
  • That was a walk...
  • I noticed that Lady Pamela has a full brother who is also grey and was foaled in 2014. He was a playmate of Z Princess. His name is Lifelines. He hasn't raced yet.
  • VA_in_CA said:

I noticed that Lady Pamela has a full brother who is also grey and was foaled in 2014. He was a playmate of Z Princess. His name is Lifelines. He hasn't raced yet.

Thanks for providing the name. I remember seeing him with Z Princess. He had interesting facial markings but was going gray even then.
  • Here are Z Princess and Lifeline {note: no s} (Tapit--Life Is Sweet) best buds as foals. He was foaled April 19th and hasn't started yet.

Pictures from the Zenyatta Forum Photos, 2014

• Hard to see those photos in some ways. Especially that first photo. I like everything I'm seeing in that photo regarding the conformation of Z Princess...especially her shoulder.
  • They are both beautiful. I miss Z Princess every time I see a butterfly!
  • I like how sweet they look together, especially in that last picture.
  • Hard to see those photos in some ways. Especially that first photo. I like everything I'm seeing in that photo regarding the conformation of Z Princess...especially her shoulder.

While I loved Ziconic from the start, I always thought Z Princess conformation-wise looked the best of Zenyatta's three offspring early on, especially in terms of that "engine" in back. So much promise, lost way too early.
  • Race 5 (MSW) at SA on 10/27/16 RACE REPLAY
    Race 5 at Santa Anita Park on October 27, 2016
    MSW1 1/8 miles$52,0003 yo's & up Fillies and Mares
    1 Lady Pamela
    3YO Filly, TN: C
    Tapit — Life Is Sweet
    Jockey: Kent J. Desormeaux Trainer: Clifford W. Sise, Jr.
    Breeder: Pam & Martin Wygod, Owner: Wygod, Martin J., Wygod, Pam and Lessee
    https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/SA/2016/10/27/5/race-5-msw-at-sa-on-10-27-16
  • What a lovely filly! Super breeding, too.