Lady Pamela (Tapit–Life is Sweet by Storm Cat)

1235»

Comments

• From the looks of the weather map, we have hours of rain in store for today and into tomorrow. Aaugh. I think both dirt and turf tracks will be very squishy on Saturday. By the following weekend, it should be better because I think we may get a whole week without rain--the first dry full week since mid-December, I think. Uh oh. Just checked MSN Weather again and they have 90% chance of rain predicted for the 20th. On the plus side, the great CA drought seems to be ending. At any rate the reservoirs are refilling.
  • KMMKMM Member
    You guys need water from years extended drought. OK by me if races get cancelled. K
  • Me too. 42% of the state has now been declared out of the drought. All up on NorCal. We're still in drought here in SoCal, but maybe not for long. Whew, it sure rained here today. The reservoirs all over the state are filling up, the snow pack in the Sierras is well above average, and tonight they are expecting 10 inches of snow at the higher levels in the local mountains. It won't snow here because I am at about 3200 feet and the snow level is predicted to go down only to 4,000 ft. Most of the heavy fall will be above 8,000. Snow is better than rain because it doesn't all rush out to sea at once.
  • Lady Pamela is running January 14th in an allowance optional claiming race for fillies and mares 4 years old and upward going 1 1/8th miles on turf at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Kent Desormeaux. She is trained by Cliff Sise and owned by Martin and Pam Wygod and Lessee.

She finished 2nd of 5.
  • Latest workout:

Lady Pamela (4-Year-Old Filly)
    Date: January 27, 2017
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 49:40 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Workout today:
    Date: February 4, 2017
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.03:00 Handily
  • Long work this time:
    Date: February 10, 2017
    Distance: Seven Furlongs
    Time: 1.29:60 Handily
  • Lady Pamela is running February 24th in an allowance optional claiming race for fillies and mares 4 years old and upward going 1 1/4th miles on turf at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Kent Desormeaux. She is trained by Cliff Sise. and owned by Pam and Martin Wygod and Lessee.
  • Lady Pamela is running February 24th in an allowance optional claiming race for fillies and mares 4 years old and upward going 1 1/4th miles on turf at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Kent Desormeaux. She is trained by Cliff Sise. and owned by Pam and Martin Wygod and Lessee.

@QueenZFan22 Thanks for the update, much appreciated.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited February 2017
    @BetsyB There is an article about Lady Pamela (and her 3 year old full brother Lifeline who is trained by Richard Mandella) from the DRF. Unfortunately it's DRF+ so I can't read it.
  • @BetsyB There is an article about Lady Pamela (and her 3 year old full brother Lifeline who is trained by Richard Mandella) from the DRF. Unfortunately it's DRF+ so I can't read it.

I'm not signed up for DRF+, either. Hopefully someone who is might share some of the details.
  • Apparently Lifeline made his first start Monday at Santa Anita, placing 3rd in a 1 1/8th mile race on turf. Flavien Prat was the jockey. According to the chart: "LIFELINE a bit slow to begin, pulled between horses and steadied passing the wire the first time, angled in and chased inside, came out in upper stretch and finished strongly between foes." Sounds like a good beginning for him.
  • Lady Pamela looks to parlay regal pedigree into solid career
    by Brad Free TCI 02/22/2017
    Days after a strong third-place debut by full sibling Lifeline in a maiden race for 3-year-olds, lightly raced Lady Pamela resumes her class ascent Friday at Santa Anita. The 4-year-old Lady Pamela seeks her second career victory going 1 1/4 miles on turf in a first-level optional $40,000 claimer for fillies and mares.
    http://www.onefasthorse.com/lady-pamela-looks-to-parlay-regal-pedigree-into-solid-career/270569/
    From Equibase
    Track Date ]Race Race Type
    Santa Anita 2/24/2017 5 Allowance Optional Claiming
  • Lady Pamela finished 7th of 9 over 1 1/4 miles on the turf, beaten by 5 3/4 lengths. :(
  • Dang!
  • @BetsyB I thought you might want to know this. Lady Pamela retired to be bred to Uncle Mo: http://www.drf.com/news/lady-pamela-retired-be-bred-uncle-mo
  • Wow... that was fast...
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    edited March 2017

@BetsyB I thought you might want to know this. Lady Pamela retired to be bred to Uncle Mo: http://www.drf.com/news/lady-pamela-retired-be-bred-uncle-mo

Ah well. I speculated she might be more valuable as a broodmare prospect than a racehorse, especially since she didn't appear to be rising to the upper levels in racing. They have her full brother to focus on now as well. I hope she has a fine life as a mom.

Just read the story on her retirement. I did not know she had a bout of colic, but between that and the "meltdowns," it just sounds like track life did not agree with her.
  • KetaKeta Member
    I came across this story while looking for something else.
    Wonder if she has had the foal. Keta

Lady Pamela retired to be bred to Uncle Mo
    By Brad Free DRF 03/03/2017
    ARCADIA, Calif. – Lady Pamela, the well-bred allowance filly owned by Marty and Pam Wygod, will retire from racing and be bred this spring to Uncle Mo, trainer Cliff Sise said.
    Lady Pamela, a 4-year-old Tapit filly produced by Breeders’ Cup Distaff winner Life Is Sweet, finished seventh as the favorite in an allowance Feb. 24. Sise said Lady Pamela had a “meltdown” in the paddock, her second subpar effort since recovering from colic last fall. Lady Pamela won one of five starts.
    http://www.drf.com/news/lady-pamela-retired-be-bred-uncle-mo

• Sorry to hear she had such a rough time of it since last fall. Hope the colic doesn't cause any problems for her in carrying and delivering a foal. She was a pretty girl as a baby and peer playmate with ZPrincess.
  • So since COVID-19 (corona virus) has me on a self imposed quarantine I'm bored so, I'll be listing Lady Pamela's foals:

Mo Tap 2018 colt by Uncle Mo
    Unnamed 2019 colt by Union Rags
  • KMMKMM Member
    You don’t need to explain reasons for your research.