NAMES FOR Z16?

January 23, 2016

Here's my "entry" for either a colt or a filly: SPIRIT OF THE DANZ

It honours our Dancing Queen and gives a nod to her foal's grandsire, the mighty DANZIG.

Comments

• I like that name, Abigail.
    Have to start thinking about this.
    Hugs, Keta
  • That name would certainly fit for either sex.
  • mc3mc3 Member
    i think new day is good
  • KMMKMM Member
    The last Danz is for you, save the last danz for me ( might be too long); danzin in the night; danzin the night away.
  • KMMKMM Member
    What are Bowie's lyrics about the dance? Might be a nice tribute... Let's danz!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Kind of fun! Let's get engaged, and Bowie's history has many cozmic links. Haha! And John has been producer and probably has much respect for Bowie!
  • I have suggested a while back "Serious Moonlight' for a gray...another Bowie song.
  • I like Seriouz Moonlight. This one won't be grey but may be the next one!
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited January 2016
    Don't get the moonlight connection, unless baby is born out in moonlight in pasture. My retired mare, starstruck blue, was born in Idaho pasture, under May stars. Her dam was TJ blue by Napur.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Blue was by Napur, a grand Prix jumper, old bloodlines.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited January 2016
    He was a son of Damascus, not great at the track, syndicated by Monty Roberts and van snow, top vet in Cal for thorough and Qh for million plus $$ as breeding stallion for hunters, jumpers, and dressage. She was one of his last group of foals. He is one of horses celebrated in Robert's book of champion horses he had trained.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited January 2016
    Napur was shown by top jumper riders in his day in late 80s and early 90s. In us and Europe in top notch grand prix completions. No brag, just Fact. :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    Sorry if if I went on about blue. She is one of my hearts. Her talents may have outclassed my riding talents. Will never know. She was a beautiful and a bit of of a hot horse and taught me a lot. Sigh.
  • Blue sounds amazing. I loved Damascus. Thanks for sharing.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Retired because of epm. Tried to rehab her for a year over cavellettis et all. She sent me to emergency room when trying to dismount, and somehow I triggered some nerve, and broke out in full gallop and I landed in gravel driveway and emergency room. She has beautiful movement, off now, and I free jumped her at least 4 feet. :):(
  • I'm sticking with Front and Zenter.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Danzin the war dance. Haha
  • KMMKMM Member
    War is not the Anzer
  • KMMKMM Member
    War and peAZe. Haha. Wonderful novel! Lit geek!
  • K-Sorry you had to retire your mare and you ended up in the emergency room. I too came off once at a canter, but it literally saved my life, because I realized I'd had back pain for a long time. Turned out to be a nast kidney infection that went into pneumonia. Thank god for that dear horse who made me listen to what was wrong.
  • Yezzir!
    Zpeculation.
  • Z Magnitude (magnitude as in the brightness of a star)
  • Peaze Out

But really still like Exzemplar
  • Zymbolic. Not sure I like it but trying to find something to depict greatness. Any suggestions?
  • Greatnezz