Mea Ola's Place

Comments

• (Thanks for posting this, Wezzie.) We went to the Hawaiian Luau and BBQ at MOP late yesterday afternoon. That isn't a lei I'm wearing, hahaha. I was wearing Wezzie's ice pack because I fell earlier and strained my neck when my head went all the way back and hit the ground. Fortunately, I landed in soft sand, so was otherwise unhurt. Wezzie had the ice pack because she had fallen two days earlier and fractured her hand and bunged up her shoulder. So I'm not the only klutz on the Forum. A van load of 5 of us women went to the BBQ, but the other 3 are not members of this Forum. I brought my camera, but never took it out of the case. Sigh. Rowdy is really huge now. He's well into the 16-hand range, which is very tall for a Classic Morgan.

Here's a link to one of the activities there--the one they titled, "Kiss My Ass." For a fee, you got to kiss Gasston. hahaha. Ann is the one in the colorful Hawaiian get-up. https://www.facebook.com/OperationHorseRescue/videos/1773273376096557/

And here is link to a video showing Dancer, in her unicorn outfit. She's actually an Arabian-Andalusian cross. She's what is called a flea-bitten grey, but her speckles are not black or dark brown as they usually are, but are light tan, kind of golden. She's a sweetie pie. https://www.facebook.com/OperationHorseRescue/videos/1773255216098373/

Finally, here is the link to the tour. Leslie took this video while driving the golf cart around. Leslie is a board member, and is the woman holding Gasston in the first video. She gives riding lessons at MOP and also is the official Donkey Whisperer. She gave me a ride around on the cart for the tour. I didn't realize she was doing a live video at the time. Ann was using a portable amplifier and mike for the tour. If you watch the whole video, you might see Wezzie. She's wearing a yellow shirt and dark shorts and a sling for her left arm. :s https://www.facebook.com/OperationHorseRescue/videos/1773219886101906/
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited July 2018
    Great seeing our "Hawaiian" influence being a part of Mea Ola's Place! Love seeing Ann and the visitors wearing "Slippahs" (flip flops) and Aloha shirts. Did they serve anything like kalua pig, lau lau, poi, poke, lomi lomi salmon or soft-shell crab with haupia, etc. as part of the menu for their luau? Just curious on how they worked the cuisine using Californian/local resources.

Question: How did the Hawaiian theme become a part of Ann's equine rescue?...For example-her beloved Mea Ola (RIP) meaning Survivor in Hawaiian, etc. Did Ann live in Hawaii before establishing her sanctuary? Perhaps you may have mentioned the origins way, way back, but I must have missed it or my memory faded a bit.

I must say Ann looks good in her "hula" outfit!
  • Watched all the videos from the Luau --- hope they made a profit for Mea Ola's Place
    Great to see Ann having fun and she really does look good in her "hula" outfit! B)
  • Here's a video posted on Mea Ola's facebook page today. showing that Rowdy still loves his yogurt treat--favorite flavor is vanilla. For those who didn't follow MOP back in 2014, when he was a sick baby, Rowdy had his medicines in yogurt. He still gets this treat whenever the occasion is right for someone to experience feeding a horse from a spoon. hahaha. Speaking from lots of experience feeding yogurt to Rowdy, it is lots of fun and not something that many people have had a chance to do. This is a favorite activity at summer kid's camps at MOP. https://www.facebook.com/OperationHorseRescue/videos/1789212121169349/
  • Good practical award for MOP.

from MOP facebook page.

It's good to see empathy and community service still being "instilled" in a school that is located in the Trumpland of SoCal.
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited August 2018
    Mea Ola's Place and Ann Kline could use our support with an opportunity to receive a much needed infusion of funds! Please visit her Facebook page and the link to vote. If we all just voted once, maybe it would boost her total vote count enough to win $50,000 cash award. Voting is open until December 5, 2018

https://www.facebook.com/OperationHorseRescue

https://eaglerarelife.com/stories/lalainia-ann-kline

Ann has two new rescues with compelling stories. Laddy is apparently suffering from "Lumpy Jaw" and Ann has concocted a smoothie that they feed him until this issue with his mouth and jaw is resolved. Dexter was literally living in a pen with corn cobs, they became embedded in his feet and he was eating them, too. Both of these horses are putting up a good fight to survive and Ann is doing all she can to bring them back to good health.
  • @VA_in_CA Please update in more detail regarding current rescues and happenings at MOP. I just wanted to make sure that our Forum members were aware of the opportunity to cast some votes to help Ann/MOP win the $50,000 cash award! I'm sure everyone would like to know more about Laddy and Dexter.
  • Thanks, bleuberry. I'm actually researching Laddy's issues now. It will take some time, so be patient.
  • Laddy went to the bridge As he could not stand and his body had gave up. Laddy now can eat grass and run in a field of never ending pastures.

Please keep Ann in your prayers as she deals with having to do what was best for Laddy but a huge hole is in her loving heart.

Mea Olas is now seeking donations for his Euthanasia and a full Necropsy done to find out what it was that caused Laddy's body to quit.

Run free Laddy and enjoy a romp in ever green pastures with Mea Ola who I am sure was there to greet you at Rainbow Bridge
  • This affected me rather strongly, too. Can't deal with it right now. More later, I hope.
  • RIP dear sweet Laddy. He fought to live as long as his body would let him. My condolences to Ann, the vets and all the volunteers at Mea Ola's Place. Ann never gives up until it is truly time to make this difficult decision. I hope Ann knows that all those who follow her rescue know she did all she could do for Laddy. :'( <3
  • Ann deserves nothing but the best of support for all that she did for Laddie (and for the other horses for that matter). She kept everyone up to date on him, without dramatic hysteria unlike another place which shall remain nameless. And it’s unfortunate that the village idiots have decided to attack her over this.
  • Now poor Ann was forced to defend herself from the village idiots and the poop page. Disgusting people.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/477625899255565/permalink/714818632202956/
  • They are disgusting (look who they idolize after all). But Ann is classy all the way. And not afraid to call it like it should be called. She gets mad props for being the stand-up person that she is.
  • Ann just has to consider the source --- it's the Poop Page Villagers and we all know they are "full of --it".
    I have two words to say to all of them --- "Johnny Cade" --- their Guru did that.
  • I have never heard of the Poop Page Villagers. People who are haters connected with animal welfare groups are sure odd. I found a post in my Memories today about haters and bad information posters harassing a group of veterinarians who were volunteers at a shelter in Texas, there to treat horses that had been stuck standing in floodwater and had their skin rotting away and hanging off in layers. The haters were going after the vets. Very bizarre. I surely don't get it or understand their motives.
  • The Poop Page is made up of HC supporters, and we have talked about them at length before. It's Ransom and company. And FYI, the people attacking the volunteers in Texas were ALSO HC supporters!
  • EliRose said:

The Poop Page is made up of HC supporters, and we have talked about them at length before. It's Ransom and company. And FYI, the people attacking the volunteers in Texas were ALSO HC supporters!

And not just “supporters” ... we all remember the Serial Horse Killer herself and X marks the spot.

They’re really low with their whataboutism. But then, that’s the grifting company they keep after all.
  • Well, as far as I know. HiCaliber didn't choose their supporters. I was never into that kind of "support." The serious horse lovers among us have moved beyond that and are not being involved with the hate groups on any side. We're just into supporting each other in any of life's trials. Nice group of women in the two offshoot groups I keep up with. We stay out of those controversial groups and have nothing to do with them. If they attacked Ann, I didn't see it. I haven't checked the public MOP page, but have just been following on the closed group page and there was no hate there. I recently joined the British Book Club online and that has been keeping me busy because we're a talky group.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    edited September 2018
    Well, as far as I know. HiCaliber didn't choose their supporters. I was never into that kind of "support." The serious horse lovers among us have moved beyond that and are not being involved with the hate groups on any side. We're just into supporting each other in any of life's trials. Nice group of women in the two offshoot groups I keep up with. We stay out of those controversial groups and have nothing to do with them. If they attacked Ann, I didn't see it. I haven't checked the public MOP page, but have just been following on the closed group page and there was no hate there. I recently joined the British Book Club online and that has been keeping me busy because we're a talky group.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/477625899255565/permalink/714818632202956/

Click the gd link Miss Highy and Mighty. It's ANN'S statement.

Keeping out of it my ass:

image.png 426.3K
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for posting that screen shot @EliRose . Apparently, Virginia Hagler forgot that once it's posted on the internet, it's there just waiting to be found by someone who knows where to look. She's still posting on the HiCaliber Facebook page too, made comments when the horrific photos of Rizzo/Meatball were posted. Those were the two horses that were mysteriously attacked by "something" in the dead of night and got stitched up by a 30% vet. That of course necessitated a plea for more funds.

Sure hope those "AlphaMares Villagers" can do their job and find Michelle a place to live and she can get on with her new grift/scam.

Ann shouldn't have to defend herself, or her efforts to save Laddy, to any of these keyboard warrior wannabees.
    They aren't worth her time or emotional well-being.
  • Thank you EliRose, VA seems to have a selective memory.

VA, the people who are attacking Ann are villagers, not the so called haters that are trying to stop the abusers known as high caliber.
  • @EliRose ... that's gonna leave a mark.
  • @EliRose ... that's gonna leave a mark.

LMAO
  • Please vote for Ann and Mea Ola’s Place for the Eagle Rare Life Award. I don’t know how to post the link but we can vote everyday every 24 hours. She’s ahead but not by a huge amount.