U.S. and World Politics

Comments

• I am not yet ready to buy a brown shirt. The boots I`ve had for a long time. I hear the talk of very real problems, but never the speak of very real people.
    For instance
    Why do we have angry black americans asking for the right to life?
    If you cant answer this, you must be left out of any conversation.
    Why do we have an expanding homeless lower middle class?
    If you cant answer this, you must be left out of the conversation.
    Why do we have so many young people feeling the burden of education without any commitment of the establishment to merit.
    Why do I have to understand economic strategy just put a single person on a single city council, just so my city doesnt go broke.
    Do I really need to do all this work, just to cast a vote that doent matter, when all I really care about is my Daughter and Son.
    I am not yet ready to buy a brown shirt, but understand why some will.
  • Caring about your son and your daughter is the most important reason in the world for you to vote @tincup and your vote does matter. I want everyone to vote whether they agree with my vote or not. We are on differing pages politically but it's important to vote.

We have angry black americans asking for the right to life for a very good reason. I wish people would understand when blacks say Black Lives Matter that they are not saying only black lives matter, but they're saying Black Lives Matter too. I would be petrified to be the mother of a black child and have to worry every single time they walked out the front door that they would be targets because of the color of their skin. I can't imagine such a thing. And I'm sick of hearing white lives matter from all the racists when white lives have always mattered.
  • Caring about your son and your daughter is the most important reason in the world for you to vote @tincup and your vote does matter. I want everyone to vote whether they agree with my vote or not. We are on differing pages politically but it's important to vote.

We have angry black americans asking for the right to life for a very good reason. I wish people would understand when blacks say Black Lives Matter that they are not saying only black lives matter, but they're saying Black Lives Matter too. I would be petrified to be the mother of a black child and have to worry every single time they walked out the front door that they would be targets because of the color of their skin. I can't imagine such a thing. And I'm sick of hearing white lives matter from all the racists when white lives have always mattered.
    Truth....
  • And there is another side to that truth. Respect is not taught by white OR black parents. Common sense is not taught either.

This is a "great" country. For some. And that some is becoming smaller and richer every election.
  • bigherbiebigherbie Member
    edited March 2016
    Well, Tuesday the 15th is primary day here in Florida. Beware the Ides of March. I wish I had more than 1 vote... :-)

Whats the mood toward Trump? Is he still picking up votes?
    Tincup, definitely, yes. The Donald is the big man on campus around here. Indications are that Florida will go Clinton/Trump. We are such a diverse population here anything is possible. Bernie had a stop in Kissimmee that drew thousands. Trump cancelled Boca Raton rally to go to Ohio. Rubio and Cruz haven't come up much in conversation. If Rubio doesn't win Florida I believe he needs to withdraw as he is done plus he has the worst voting attendance of any senator seeking a presidential nomination. Many I've spoken with think Cruz is the ultimate evangelical Christian and worry that his beliefs will step on toes. Woe is me - no bright, shining star ... what is one to do?

And, I am livid that Ben Carson endorsed Trump - these staunch Republicans all need a colonoscopy to find their brain...
  • Colonoscopy of the brain! I like it Bigherbie!
  • We could go further afield and ask ourselves why we are so tied to the propaganda fed to us everyday. Through the morning news, to the evening news. From sunday school to afternoon church. We drink the drink, eat the donuts, and admire all the pretty blond hair.
    What is this thing religion.
    Jesus gave most of us the first opportunity to God. A God that was first given to a very hungry and desperate nomads. Jesus died to give....the not born to and so infidel, dirty and ugly...gross and disgusting...the unworthy...not worth the trouble...let em die...man, why do we have to care..people a god. Boy, was that fun for awhile.
    After all that...Mohammand brought the same to a people who were feeling so left out. Keep to the old, make up some new, and we can all get into the same idea....oh joy...
    Lets have a bunch of fun and make bombs.
  • And there is another side to that truth. Respect is not taught by white OR black parents. Common sense is not taught either.

This is a "great" country. For some. And that some is becoming smaller and richer every election.
    Yes, respect is still taught by white and black parents. It's just that many choose to ignore those teachings. They're learning hate all over the place especially from some of the politicians out there.

What do people consider a "great" country to live in besides America? Is there such a place? I'm seriously asking and not being sarcastic.

• Well, Louise, I'm not sure, but we lost two dear friends to New Zealand. He had a job that took him to Christchurch for 2 years, along with his wife, 3 cats and a dog. They came back here to Florida and after 6 months decided New Zealand was the place for them. Sold house, cars, the majority of their furnishings, packed up and moved 2 years ago. We keep in touch but haven't visited (might this year) and they are very happy, content with the decision to move, just love it.... :-)
  • I've been otherwise occupied, so have not read this post for awhile. It's very fascinating and nicely done. No sinking to the level of the Trump supporters. Good. I'm especially impressed with Louise's clear, well-stated and reasoned posts. Bigherbie, I have a dear friend in Florida (going way back to college days) and a cousin and her husband, who are all Floridians who support Democrats, so you are not alone in your opposition to the bad choices offered by the Republicans and especially to their front-runner.
  • Tincup, please just say it ... I have enough trouble with my hubs who pontificates ad nauseam about the GOP... I keep saying, what, what, what do you mean ... and I'm not a doofus .... I still remember his 90+ Mom saying to me, "if someone put a gun to my head I wouldn't vote for a Democrat." :-)
  • Sorry, here I am again, during the 2008 election night TV viewing, we were having a tremendous rain storm. At about midnight or so there was a bright flash of lightning and immediate thunder that shook the house. Hubs said, "Holy Crap", I said, "probably Mom letting us know she wasn't happy."
  • That's hilarious @bigherbie! I know my father was rolling in his grave, bless his heart! Lol!

New Zealand would probably be a great place to live. It sure is beautiful from what I've seen. I think Australia would be nice too except there might be too many "critters" for me. I'm not big on snakes and spiders. Other than that, I have always liked people from Australia. They seem rugged and I seriously like that.
  • As a Trump supporter, I find the establishment bias so apparent everywhere, including here, amusing. And very sad.
  • As a Trump supporter, I find the establishment bias so apparent everywhere, including here, amusing. And very sad.
    No, Whoodler and I'm not laughing. I am a registered Democrat that has voted across party lines in the past. You support Trump but I cannot. He incites his supporters to a frenzy - good gosh, I have never heard a presidential candidate state "I would punch him in the face." The Donald to me is a nonentity, I can't stand listening to him and I will vote for whomever is running against him. I have the creepy feeling he just might win, but Sweet Jesus, what will come of it ....
  • No, you probably never heard any presidential candidate say it. It's bad politics to say it where REAL people can hear it. Presidential candidates are supposed to be... if not saintly, at least knightly. Which they are not. They just ACT the part. Let's all be nice face to face. And keep the nasty real life opinions and business behind closed doors. Do you HONESTLY think Trump would really get in a fist fight with anybody? Do you think he is so stupid as to REALLY believe he can make Congress and the military do something... anything... because he says so? As President, Trump will have no more power than any other president. But Trump will have a lot more experience at getting things done than any other candidate of 2016. And oh so many fewer "friends" to pay back.
    I find it sad and amusing that anyone with half a brain would support Trump. Very condescending comment from you @whoodler.

• "Do you HONESTLY think Trump would really get in a fist fight with anybody? Do you think he is so stupid as to REALLY believe he can make Congress and the military do something... anything... because he says so? "

Why yes! Yes I do.

And what is even worse? I think he believes all of his rhetoric. Meglamania at its apex. And if he doesn't believe it? Then he is playing his followers (and every one else) and that would be the saddest quandary of all!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Bad candidates. Bad debates! Shame on us for not having better candidates, but there is so much public stuff to take it on these days...
  • If his misogyny doesn't offend her, perhaps whoodler should read these articles that explain why the rest of the world and thinking people in the USA are appalled by Trump. Even some Republican senators have vowed to vote for the Democratic nominee if Trump is the Republican nominee. Perhaps whoodler needs to look into this a little more deeply.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/3/7/1497504/-Donald-Trump-again-asks-audience-for-their-loyalty-in-pledge-reminiscent-of-fascist-salute.
    and
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1/6/1466658/-George-Wallace-and-Donald-Trump-Rachel-Commits-Act-of-Excellent-Journalism
  • (snip)
    Very condescending comment from you @whoodler.

Thank you. Considering the things that have been posted about Trump supporters, that amounts to high praise.

We are all one. "Recognize that the other person is you," is one of my favorite quotes from the Kundalini yoga master Yogi Bhajan. Even Trump? Yes, my Dem friends. Even Hillary? 'Fraid so, Republicans. Even Bush? Er... I don't think I can go that far without hypnosis.
  • I disagree with Yogi Bhajan. I know a lot of people say that, but that doesn't make it true. Trump surely wouldn't agree when the other person was Muslim. or black, or female. We may all have the occasional unkind or even murderous thought, but we don't act on those thoughts, so we are not the murderer.
  • I'm sorry if my post earlier about Donald Trump offended anyone...I am not a very political person, I was just responding to VA_IN_CA about an earlier post.
    I don't get to come on the site as often as I would like due to my recent health problems but I still love to check in on Queen Z when I can, she always brings a smile. : )
    Still not a Trump fan....but that's just my opinion.
  • Kayjay, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. Hope things have improved for you in that department.

So far there is only one Trump supporter on this thread, so not to worry about offending. He doesn't worry. hahaha

By the way, I learned that that so-delicious quote supposedly made by Trump in 1998 and reported in People magazine is listed on Snopes as false. No record of it in People. Too bad. It was so like something he would say. He did say he could shoot someone in NYC and people would still love him and vote for him. I heard him say that and saw it on TV.