U.S. and World Politics

Comments

• As an example of this mirror effect I googled a singular question.
    The lie of right wing violence
    The top ten search results showed how right wing violence was an ascendant threat and was responsible for all the killings.
    So many dead people
    Not one search result even addressed my question.
    So....the results tell me there isn't any idea of a lie about right wing responsibility, and that all is a right wing responsibility.
    So...
  • The question becomes
    Can The People sleep through all the noise.
    They have.
    Can they see through all the trees
    They have
    Can they think through all obstruction
    They have
    Go over the obstacles and through the trees...find a quiet place
    Articulate
    Know the left has always meant death.
    Always
    Death to everything and everyone.
    Always
  • ....and I can prove it.
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    edited September 7
    I was merely comparing the ACTUAL behaviors of The Left to... and continuing non stop since... Trump's first election to The Left being afraid of what his... and our... reaction might be if he is not re-elected. As calm, cool and accepting as they were, we're going to have to go a lot to top it.
  • whoodler said:

I was merely comparing the ACTUAL behaviors of The Left to... and continuing non stop since... Trump's first election to The Left being afraid of what his... and our... reaction might be if he is not re-elected. As calm, cool and accepting as they were, we're going to have to go a lot to top it.

Which is what I thought you might be getting to. Which is what I was getting to
    Which is what he/ she was getting to... and what they are getting to... and what I'm afraid we might all get to.
    What a crappy media we have.
    The truth shall be made with blood.
    And since it will be the truth forward
    Blood shall not be spared.
  • When the real gets real.
    I've been through three strikes.
    The first was violent, people getting arrested and everyone holding ground.
    I was a strike breaker.
    I didn't have time for people who were blocking my path. I had a load to deliver or I didn't get paid.
    The first time the teamsters had their back... cool...the second time in the teamsters didn't say a word, so I drove through those mother fers and dealt their death blow.
    Why?
    Easy.
    The second strike I busted was pretty much the same, though I didn't have the teamsters at my back, they'd left this on me.
    This one I brought barbeque fixings and snacks...all bribes... I broke that line.
    The third was nothing, I just moved over them.
    Follow the bouncing ball.
    Why did the union break
    Why did my union break
    Why did I have to roll.
    Hehehe
    They all broke for cheaper labor.
    Now I make less.
  • I had 10+ years with the meatpackers union. When I left in the Spring of 1980 we had just negotiated a new contract where entry level employees were making $18.00+ an hour. Two-three months later the company announced the sale of our plant and a couple others to a Canadian company... and the new contract was no longer valid. The plant operated just two years after that... at half the wage scale, with most of the workers laid off or terminated. The union? Who knows.
  • tincup said:

whoodler said:

Which is what I thought you might be getting to. Which is what I was getting to
    Which is what he/ she was getting to... and what they are getting to... and what I'm afraid we might all get to.
    What a crappy media we have.
    The truth shall be made with blood.
    And since it will be the truth forward
    Blood shall not be spared.
    Which is what he/ she was getting to...
    I trust you know I was being sarcastic.
    I believe the poster is a guy, some of the "names" are hard to decipher.
    But he TRULY believes that every nasty slur, every demeaning comment, every negative thought directed at Trump and his supporters is the absolute truth and comes straight from God. For him, and 99% of the people on that forum, nothing that could happen to anyone who voted for Trump, much less to Trump himself, could be bad enough. They believe all the bad press, the constant barrage of hatred and disdain is not only fair it is more than justified by the Left's righteousness and infallibility. They see nothing wrong in their behavior.

What I see is 4 or 8 years of half the country acting like 3 year olds throwing a temper tantrum is going to lead to a permanent state of extreme sour grapes (to be kind) every time we HAVE a major election, regardless of which party is in, which out.

Of course, that will be Trump's fault.
  • Oh goodness...for a moment I thought you were speaking of this place and these people... Shyte howdie
  • No, it was from another site... they are so off-the-wall extreme in their hatred it bothers me that the tone has changed this much practically overnight a few years back. They talk about all the hatred that is encouraged by Trump and don't realize THEY are the ones expressing it.

People here, in my opinion, are like the silent majority of Americans of both parties. It's life as usual for the most part no matter what. That is the only hope I have that things will not fall... or be torn... apart.
  • There is a very strange turn in the conversation of politics.
    Suddenly its popular to dumb down the message.
    The phrase... Messed up, has suddenly become in tune.
    Funny people
    Funny intellect
    Funny
  • tincuptincup Member
    edited September 9
    The stonecrusher has made many discoveries lately
    He walks everywhere. He doesn't ask for assistance, he doesn't get tired. He hasn't been in a stroller since he could walk.
    He now runs.
    He also thinks he is in charge of all watering and harvest of foods. He knows the plants we harvest and eat and will go pick the product. He still comes back with an under developed tomato or two, but has understood the idea of red vs green.
    He has for sometime understood water.
    The pressure, the random strength... its truly wonderful to watch his experiments in understanding....
    The little dude is a freak show.
  • We rediscover wonder through our kids and grandkids! <3

<blockquote class="UserQuote">
    tincup said:

The stonecrusher has made many discoveries lately
    He walks everywhere. He doesn't ask for assistance, he doesn't get tired. He hasn't been in a stroller since he could walk.
    He now runs.
    He also thinks he is in charge of all watering and harvest of foods. He knows the plants we harvest and eat and will go pick the product. He still comes back with an under developed tomato or two, but has understood the idea of red vs green.
    He has for sometime understood water.
    The pressure, the random strength... its truly wonderful to watch his experiments in understanding....
    The little dude is a freak show.

• KMMKMM Member
    edited September 9
    Tincup, you are a "freak show" compliment in your verbiage, as a parent. You so love stonecrusher, and you are loving and amazingly and descriptively funny in your love as a dad, and not only stonecrusher,; I hope all is good with the rest of your family.. Of course, my take on your writings, my take. K

Love to your family. k
  • KMM said:

Tincup, you are a "freak show" compliment in your verbiage, as a parent. You so love stonecrusher, and you are loving and amazingly and descriptively funny in your love as a dad, and not only stonecrusher,; I hope all is good with the rest of your family.. Of course, my take on your writings, my take. K

Love to your family. k

Thank you.
    You've always been kind.
    Yes, the stonecrusher has been a complete delight. A blessing that I would have never expected at such a time.

• tincuptincup Member
    edited September 18
    Will it finally be over
    ...The press is the key to every political issue and essential to the success of the larger political movement...
    There's evidence it was and is
    ... The New York times knowingly published disgusting dirt on a sitting SCOTUS , knowing it was crap, and knowing it was just a complete hit Job...
    Evidence suggests that what is going on is a pointed and focused attack.
    ... Sinclair himself, called "The Brace Check" the most dangerous book he'd ever wrote....
    ...and the most important...
    At the heart of the New York times, is a continued lying, is a belief in social justice and an idea of correcting wrongs, even if that means reporting false stories.
    ...the original reception of Sinclair's critical look at the main stream media was rejected as a cynical look at freedom of the press and that rejection has been summarized as pushed back by corporate media. Even the left rejected the ideas of Sinclair, as they like everyone else needed to make a living...
    Focused and pointed, as if the corporation suddenly saw a new profit margin. Like CNN, the New York times has found a niche.
    But that's not the Gray Lady is it?
    It shouldn't be.
    ....the idea of corporate media is damning in both directions of any conversation....
    And so, we have a tool that is destroying the media as we've always known it.
    Social media
    ... and the Gray Lady dies...
  • Not much difference, eh.
    Lies on either main stream AND social media.
    And both know it.
  • tincuptincup Member
    edited September 21
    Hello darkness my old friend
    Its good to see you again.
    Nothing is new here, everything is as you left it.
    Total chaos
    Many weeks ago, Rudy had announced a trip to Ukraine on fact finding mission about evidence linked to the 2016 conspiracy theories. Officials from Ukraine had tried unsuccessfully to transfer docs and testimony to the US government through diplomatic channels, but were c/blocked at the very first step.... embassy.
    Rudy also said he was interested in the written record of Hunter Biden and his father's alleged extortion of the Ukrainian government.
    All said...all recorded...all written...
    He told you all the whys, whats and whatever's.
    Who reported on it?
    Nobody.
    Let's go back just before that
    A writer of books chronicled the behavior of Hunter while daddy was VP. The writer included everything Hunter had been into while the Chinese took the southern sea lanes, but also chronicled the odd behavior in the Ukraine.
    All written
    All studiously investigated.
    Nobody on team msm took the bait. No reporting, nothing to see.
    John Solomon saw. He investigated.
    At once, the work Kimberly strossel did was important.
    The work of Mollie Hemingway
    People the msm were hiding.
    John followed the bouncing ball. He learned of the direct connection through the Ukraine of so much madness.
    The closer they get
    The closer they get to the truth, the more hysterical the left becomes. For anyone paying attention, the noise had always come from the Ukrainian embassy. The Ukrainian embassy was completely underwater with the Obama administration and was committed to a policy going forward. The manafort mess was a clear and illegal hit against manafort for a divergent policy of both the left and right.
    Trump became the enemy the day he dismissed Orthodox Republican thinking about Russia and the Ukraine. He became public enemy number one the day the establishment figured out he had won based on that foreign policy stance.
    The game was afoot.
    So...
    Everyone got involved in this one. This isn't just an apple cart. It's the whole temple.
    Rudy told you...you wouldn't listen... Rudy fing told you why.. . you wouldn't hear or report.
    So....
    Fight to the death and bring them down.
    I stand with Trump.
  • We'll see where you're standing in 2024 and beyond.
  • It's important to stay hydrated during these hot times. Keep alot of water on hand. Stuff in the rear of your car. Keep enough inside a cool pantry. Push bottles under the floor boards, hide some in the attic. By all means keep a wall of the garage for a water storage area.
    For goodness sake keep water.
    If you've felt you haven't covered every base, hide some water in the bushes at strategic points of your escape.

All the polar bears have died
    We are finished.
    Call your Congress people and demand action.
    Call every thirteen year old.
    Call the twelve year old
    Demand action.
  • tincuptincup Member
    edited September 22
    The stonecrusher took another foray into the wild.
    and this was the wild
    I thought we'd have fun following a stream to a beautiful waterfall and pool.
    Lizzie was quite concerned and quite fixed as I said...here is a nice tree, good shade, we'll be back...
    Moms
    The stream was dry, yet damp beneath the surface, suggesting we were on a fools errand or on one of those great quests
    I must have scolded the stonecrusher a dozen times to keep the focus on the quest, but he was busy gathering his own experience.
    Darn kids
    We finally reached the spot of the cooling pool and waterfall...but it was as dry as the stream had been the whole way.
    Rats
    I couldn't remember when I'd known the search for water was vuseless, I was too busy with the stonecrushers journey.
    He's kinda tricky
  • KMMKMM Member
    So tincup, maybe the young Scandinavian girl brings some truth to the forefront?
  • No
    The young Scandinavian is at most, only a young closet child that has been used by bad people. What could any Scandinavian give to a diverse world? Any at any age.?..
    No little one, it isn't as simple as a childs look at the moon, after all, the moon is a favorite cheese.
    Remember I scolded the stonecrusher? That wasn't a throw away. Nor was my heart to his growth.
    Balance is an important component to almost everything we do.
    Yes, keep emergency provisions for unexpected emergencies...but don't tear up your floorboards, and don't let your knowledge keep the wonderful people from finding their own journey.

• KMMKMM Member
    I know is that scientific evidence is there, and I trust the scientists.No politics, no religion in my views....just where the evidence is leading us. Shouldn't we err, if you think it is a brouhaha, on more scientific integrity instead of dismissing it all? I don't think there is a big window here tincup. Do you at least thinking about giving technology a chance, instead of backpedalling all of the innovation incentives that have been in place over the past several years? Plastic bag recycling isn't working. How about no more plastic?
  • And don't store water in reused plastic bottles.