U.S. and World Politics

Comments

• sarinne said:

Maybe I am a child, tincup. But the destruction of the planet doesn't necessarily have to do with the environment. I speak of the lack of morality, from my viewpoint at least. Domestic violence, drug abuse, pedophiles..... Anything that damages her people goes down the road to the destruction of the planet. But I'm not sorry to disappoint you.....it's just my opinion.

Good question, Wh

Don't misunderstand. I wasn't trying to convey some kind of judgement, just an idea of higher plane.
    Abuses of all kinds, certainly every kind have long been a bane of the human arc. If one really understands the history of the many abuses, we should be able to follow the progress of the human spirit.
    We aren't done by any measure and work must keep going forward, but the human condition has never been more healthy.
    That's the understanding and work that will move everything forward.
  • Dershowitz is rocking.
    Giving a constitutional tutorial.
  • Oh I dream that there is hope for humanity, but that's where the idealist in me fails. I do believe there is hope in spirituality, of course though, and though that people can forge their own paths. Again, just my own opinion.

I can't stand turning on the TV or reading the news on the internet any more. You all have that over me! Thanks for keeping me informed. Everyone please keep pitching in because I'd rather hear it from the diverse opinions of real Americans, or even foreigners, than the talking heads we are supposed to believe.
  • The stonecrusher gets another lesson in bumps and bruises.
    I used to think about my two older children and the own mindedness they would insist was a miracle meant for them alone. I could never explain how close the angels were, or how the small miracles work.
    How do explain to your child, you'd walked every step, seen every hurt, and even allowed a certain amount of pain?
    To do otherwise, to make every perfect, without some struggle, would be a great harm.
    So the stonecrusher gets another bruise, never knowing his daddy see every hurt.
  • tincup said:

The stonecrusher gets another lesson in bumps and bruises.
    I used to think about my two older children and the own mindedness they would insist was a miracle meant for them alone. I could never explain how close the angels were, or how the small miracles work.
    How do explain to your child, you'd walked every step, seen every hurt, and even allowed a certain amount of pain?
    To do otherwise, to make every perfect, without some struggle, would be a great harm.
    So the stonecrusher gets another bruise, never knowing his daddy see every hurt.

I'm not a human mama, tincup, but I can pretty much guarantee that even when my mother was this age she'd not walked in my steps, nor me hers. However you are right.......the most Godliest woman I know sees every hurt, even in her fortysomething baby. And she tells me three simple words........the answer to everything, "pray about it".
  • I was thinking (yeah, get over it) the other day how different some societies are from others. Polar opposites in may cases. In the progressive liberalization of the USA, we would deny a good many other people their beliefs and customs... and most of those societies are older than Western civilization. We, the enlightened superior culture, condemn them while often condescending to allow some differences in behavior and opinion from those who are living among us... separate and different in everything else.

Spiritually, humanity is as diverse as a garbage dump. (Aside, just asked my daughter, who teaches a class on diversity, for the most diverse thing she could think of... mine was snowflakes. She said she starts with a picture of a garbage dump... so.) Anyway, there is no comfort, for me, in thinking the WORLD is going to be united by otherworldly or mystical thinking.
  • Snowflakes and garbage dumps.
    All anyone needs to know.
  • The apple sometimes falls a little farther from the tree than first appearances would suggest.
  • Nah, I'm not talking about otherworldly or mystical thinking. Or even "enlightenment". I'm talking about personal accountability. And that, from my viewpoint, is definitely one heck of a garbage dump these days with the snowflakes a flying.
  • Yes, but WHOSE personal accountability.

We... around the world... have different mores, traditions, religious expectations and they are often at odds.

So whose count toward saving the world and whose contribute to its demise?
  • whoodler said:

Yes, but WHOSE personal accountability.

We... around the world... have different mores, traditions, religious expectations and they are often at odds.

So whose count toward saving the world and whose contribute to its demise?

Quit poking me, the world was created in order to eventually be destroyed. Pretty much all of the different mores, traditions and religious expectations across the board, agree with that. Either that or it's your mystical thinking, astral plane garbage dump, where the snow is piling up. But for the sake of ending this circular argument, I'll say I'm pretty sure the world will still be here when I leave it. And I know where I am going. Do you? Contemplate that. But I'm the baby here, so all opinions are just my own, and I'm sure, you can hack and decimate them in two sentences.
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    edited January 28
    I know where I'm going... based on MY belief system.

Rather than trying to tear your post down... I'm trying to find out... and have you find out... I want to know if it is all encompassing or just wishful thinking.

I won't be here either and it is why I don't worry about the great tsunami to end all tsunamis supposedly going to take out all of the west coast east as far as I-5, mountain ranges in between notwithstanding. MY information is the world is going to be done in by fire this time... but whether that is manmade or exploding sun was not established.

And I know how old you are and "baby" you are not.
  • Nope, not the baby, I'm sure much younger posters. But baby perhaps in thought process to you and tincup and others that post here. I like to imagine my opinion is not wishful thinking....perhaps it is my imagination and I'm down at the level of the stonecrusher. Or lower. Because he doesn't have those rosey colored glasses that trust a very old Book, that many say is obsolete. I don't.
  • Ah! The Constitution. Bringing us back to the main subject!
  • whoodler said:

Ah! The Constitution. Bringing us back to the main subject!

:lol: yep
  • tincup said:

What is Bolton thinking?

Let's try again.
    What is Bolton thinking?
    Of all the conservative warriors that have gone sideways, this one seems the most perplexing.
    and I'll admit a gordian knot.
    That fact should leave anyone uneasy, regardless of which side of fence you feel comfortable.
    Bolton was once called a master of bureaucratic chess. Really...a master of the swamp.
    Bolton began in the Reagan administration, he's been a part of conservative policy for as long as I can remember.
    Lots of bread crumbs for the lost to follow.
    I'll probably update as the soup gets closer to serving.
    As a taste, remember... John Bolton has said he would willing lie.
    His words.
  • Like it would be his first lie?
    Bolton was once called a master of bureaucratic chess.
    So what's the lie... the stuff in the book?
    What he says on the stand?
    Are they the same lie?
    Whose lie(s)?
    How far ahead was Trump in planning all this?
  • Finally!
    About frickin time.
    Yesterday, Superior Court Chief Justice refused to read a question posed by Kentucky senator Rand Paul. Paul has been particularly frustrated with the unfounded support for the so called whistle blower and the bizarre cone of silence. Paul had vowed to be heard on the issue and was shut down again by the CJ John Roberts.
    So, Paul stormed out of the hearing and read the question to the media.
    Guess what the reaction was.
  • Problem with that is...
    the accused has the right to face his accuser at the trial.
    This either is a trial.
    Or a politically motivated witch hunt.
  • whoodler said:

Problem with that is...
    the accused has the right to face his accuser at the trial.
    This either is a trial.
    Or a politically motivated witch hunt.

I didn't understand this.
    The problem with that?
    The problem with what?
  • So once again, the great swing and miss
    Everything is a curve ball... till it's not.
    Roberts was given a grooved pitch
    He was set-up like a bowling pin
    He was given a choice
    He made a decision.
    Game over.
    Not so fast
    People make mistakes, after all they are human and have many considerations to account for, including the daily dump and choice of contraception. Roberts wouldn't be saved from these in spite of the image he sees in the mirror.
    You have a scotus apparently approving the idea of guilty without due process.
    This is watershed.
    The idea is outrageous on the face, and a harbinger of righteous house cleaning.
    A lie is a lie, the harboring of the liar a truth of sorts.
    I keep asking myself why?
    Why are all these people circumventing norms?
  • Not allowing the whistleblower's identity to be revealed.
    Or if that is an absolutely unbypassable impossibility, have the whistleblower appear in disguise or behind an impenetrable screen or in disguise behind an impenetrable screen via closed circuit tv. From Ukraine.
  • On the other hand, Robbie said he would not address (or whatever) the question AS SUBMITTED.
    And it was pretty much not a nicely written request from Rand.
  • It's getting real scary when Marco Rubio becomes the voice of reason.
  • whoodler said:

On the other hand, Robbie said he would not address (or whatever) the question AS SUBMITTED.
    And it was pretty much not a nicely written request from Rand.

Crap