U.S. and World Politics

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2021
    See below. B)
  • KMMKMM Member
    Tincup, those were rich celebs Sarinne was talking about. There are so many social workers, caregivers and caretakers, family members and friends, doctors and nurses, volunteers, who listen to, support, or take care of their family members, those that have emotional, physical, psychological issues, the aging, what have you. Love is out there and working on the ground level. Yes, it could certainly use so much more in the way of support including Sarinne’s suggestion of educational (or maybe she meant greater awareness and acceptance of plain old humanity). I can’t speak for her.
  • KMM said:

Tincup, those were rich celebs Sarinne was talking about. There are so many social workers, caregivers and caretakers, family members and friends, doctors and nurses, volunteers, who listen to, support, or take care of their family members, those that have emotional, physical, psychological issues, the aging, what have you. Love is out there and working on the ground level. Yes, it could certainly use so much more in the way of support including Sarinne’s suggestion of educational (or maybe she meant greater awareness and acceptance of plain old humanity). I can’t speak for her.

You're wrong.
    I'm sorry, but you're just wrong and answer in a typical federal worker wrong headed way. All the data suggests a real crisis and no plan to solution. Every indicator suggests a long road home and those that silently live with disability will suffer alone. A great miscarriage of justice that our country is more willing to except.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2021
    I am talking from personal experience, and not job related. My mother was a supervisory nurse who worked in nursing homes and cared for the aged and many with disabilities, and worked until 80. I am not saying that there are not serious deficits out there, just that many people do care and act that way. I wasn't trying to paint a rosy picture of what is lacking. You really stereotype people.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2021
    She had a career as a nurse, and she was amazing in that capacity. She trained at a Catholic nursing college right after WWll.
  • KMM said:

I am talking from personal experience, and not job related. My mother was a supervisory nurse who worked in nursing homes and cared for the aged and many with disabilities, and worked until 80. I am not saying that there are not serious deficits out there, just that many people do care and act that way. I wasn't trying to paint a rosy picture of what is lacking. You really stereotype people.

Stereotype? Really....ya gonna walk that tiresome trope?
    Okay, but understand there's very little in society that's understood outside norms. Every aspect of endeavor is governed by stereotypes.
    There's an elephant in the room that causes great destruction...and meaningful blindness may become a crime, yet in any amount is aan injustice to the single innocent and the whole well being.
    I've never had a problem with stereotypes. I've always held negative views of those that do.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2021
    Hold them. I am finding you a bit inauthentic and have at it. Your whole world view is governed by stereotypes. Do you try to understand and perceive people without that governing filter?
  • KMMKMM Member
    I should have learned from Louise a long time ago.
  • So, we can't understand viruses and yet isolate a single understanding?
    We can't program animal behavior and single out lines of best practice?
    We don't understand botany?
    Do we understand social order?
    How can you help anyone if you can't grasp the help they need?
    Ridiculous...
  • KMMKMM Member
    Don’t you understand or have any relation to individual behavior, individual identity, individual goals, or beliefs (which I hope is a rhetorical question for you)? You want to believe that DNA controls who you are, be my guest. I also find sociological constructs about human behavior which you seem to advocate, a bit distanced from who we perceive ourselves to be on a day-to-day basis.

You don’t believe in free will, even if it’s limited?

Maybe you are playing Devils Advocate, because I don’t think you are a behavioralist.

Have fun tincup.
  • I have to agree with Tincup on this one.

Even with the best of intentions the majority of the TOOLs available to mental health care providers amounts to little more than to patient shaming. This is because science and studies have boiled down to treatments that ARE based on stereotypes.

You can have the most thoughtful doctor, with the best intentions in the world but they are only as effective as the tools they have on hand and are as hamstrung by insurance regulations as any other medical doctor. What might be the best treatment is often not feasible treatment because insurance isn't going to pay for it.

This puts the burden back on the patient to try to make do with a treatment that is generalized and it is an incredibly isolating feeling. Like being in the middle of the ocean, and someone can throw you a flotation device but can then only shrug as the boat full of people sails away and you're left alone to try to make it to shore.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2021
    I am not arguing with anyone. You can agree with tincup all you like Zenyen, I just won’t take him even trying to pidgeon hole me. I wasn’t making any statement, grand or otherwise, on the state of our healthcare system and related issues.

I am talking about philosophical issues on a personal plane, and not healthcare at this point.
  • KMM said:

Maybe you should have. If you can't have a conversation you cant control and find instead attacks....yes, you probably don't have the health to carry on. Perhaps best to move on.
    You here, carry on about individualism and yet work through the best light to find group think, group idea's and group answers.
    Free will?
    Ya wanna talk free will?
    Careful what you ask for.
  • tincuptincup Member
    edited March 2021
    KMM said:

Or we can find a different tact.
    You have a wonderful voice that should be heard. Your smart, attentive, and often get to important points clean and quick.

• ...and in just a few minutes, everything is thrown here and there, hither and thither....
    and yon, as far as anything could possibly get.
    Phew, how do pieces get so mixed up.
    The stonecrusner is a dutiful and polite angel, he seems to have a gift of attention and love and a very curious mind.
    How do I explain this hither and yon?
    Mostly I won't, though I find it painful...and likely he'll too,..as is my wont for his road a little easier.
    But it won't be. This I know....it won't be....
    I'll steer to classic reading, I'll steer to open readings, I'll steer to eclectic nest building that'll serve him in the terrible heart ache just around the corner.
    People are terribly mean.

• Every lever?
    I know, I know, we've done this before, but it really bugs that truth becomes a jaw dropping moment.
    IDK...truly freaks me out.
    Early in March 2020 we were given a scary example of covid when it ripped through a nursing home and killed almost half the people living there. Anyone paying attention understood the real threat.
    Fast and deadly.
    Every administration that chose to force covid into nursing homes should be held criminally libel and given death sentences.
    That's what they did.
  • Maybe we'll hear a defense from a nickle and penny pushing fed about the need for a plan that quarter carriers couldn't possibly understand.
    Education ya know.
    Yet, perhaps not...a dime earner may not want to sacrifice that dime.
  • Ok @tincup you have piqued my curiousity here, can you give this British person a clue to what you are referring to, (gather its related to education).
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    edited March 2021
    @racingfan going to take a crack at this. See how well my Tincup translator is working.

I think this is a reference to a few trains of thought running concurrently.

1). The Cuomo scandals
    2) The mass hysteria drummed up by the media over COVID deaths
    3) The media bias that drummed up the mass hysteria of COVID deaths under the Republican administration, but has provided very slim coverage to the Cuomo scandals.
    4) The Washington Post having to walk back an erroneous quote.

The reading/education reference might be a nod to the importance and responsibility we all have to search out and read the facts for ourselves rather than blindly feed upon a specific media spin.

Or I might just need more coffee.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2021
    You are a better translator than I would ever be, Zenyen. B)

On the other hand, with tincup, you never know. You might need another cuppa.
  • Thanks guys, would have no chance of getting that, had to google who Cuomo was as well
  • Zenyen said:

@racingfan going to take a crack at this. See how well my Tincup translator is working.

I think this is a reference to a few trains of thought running concurrently.

1). The Cuomo scandals
    2) The mass hysteria drummed up by the media over COVID deaths
    3) The media bias that drummed up the mass hysteria of COVID deaths under the Republican administration, but has provided very slim coverage to the Cuomo scandals.
    4) The Washington Post having to walk back an erroneous quote.

The reading/education reference might be a nod to the importance and responsibility we all have to search out and read the facts for ourselves rather than blindly feed upon a specific media spin.

Or I might just need more coffee.

You are truly a diamond.
    As the evidence mounts as to what will be expected and what will willingly be, is for me an outa body experience. I didn't think these times could come, and feel as if there isn't a single soul understanding that sound isn't wind, but a giant wave about to bring down mountains.
    Does this sound insane? It should., yet may be exactly whats happening.
    I have an even more desperate reason for a reversal of the reckless agenda of the now people., it's of course the stonecrusher and the years I'll not be able to comfort heartbreak.
    The obvious answer is self education and a complete assualt against the institutional education happening in every state, at every level.
    ....and a complete assualt against the institutions that have moved further to limit individuality and group people for control using all the ugly words and innuendo that causes so much pause, guilt, and a checking of spirit that has always led to social destruction. Watch as someone will remind us of the individual from another thread, not ever having understood the conversation or purposefully oppressing views outside institutional prerogative and the necessity of a nanny state using nickels and pennies to keep people close to the feeding shed.
    That's the idea's of throwing money around.
    When I was a young boy, I'd think heaven had landed if I'd found myself with a nickle and a couple of pennies. You wouldn't believe what you could buy with that. A mid shelf chocolate and a bag full of lower shelf.
    Dimes demanded work. To buy a decent model, an airplane with motor parts, anything of value, you had to work. It becomes easy to understand the relationship.
    You
    We are watching an effort to rewrite everything, and the people that are responsible for coverage are being exposed as completely on board to the point of knowingly having committed lies....
    Real, deadly, monstrous, and the end game remains a mystery. I haven't any problem with real debate about winners and losers,, but I do with concerted efforts to push, with force and lies.
    I generally don't give this much space to the idea's that come through my mind, it's one of the reasons that song writing has come easy, or that I write a style that doesn't give complete endings, its not my job.
  • I will address the Washington Post.
    ....and the media arm of our armed forces.
    I believe the Washington post should be held libel for purposeful falsity. I believe...I, I, I believe they knew the lies in anonymous sourcing and used its power to hurt an individual. I believe this with all my heart.
    I also believe that the military understands its responsibility within the confines of our constitutional system. I believe they understand and can see the bright lights of lanes. That they would knowingly engage in political tit for tat is a complete abdication of duty. Complete
    Don't misunderstand...a complete abdication.
    There isn't any longer an institution in America that is willing to put foot to break.
    None
  • ....I read an interesting piece the other day about horseracing. It specifically addressed the idea of knowing the faults and using the old tired saying, but he loves horses, to excuse the abuses we all know exist.
  • Ok found the Washington Post story about the Trump retraction, sad to see that sort of behaviour from a reasonably august source. The old adage measure twice cut once is applicable here

Similar to Mr and Mrs Markle interview, where the UK broadcaster has now been told by the broadcasting regulator to remove the cherry picked images of newspaper headlines purporting to show racism from the program, since in fact the actual stories behind the headlines showed the opposite. Perhaps madame Winfrey might like to do some actual fact checking herself

Yes @tincup, there was a flurry of we love horses hashtags which appeared afterwards in typically knee jerk fashion, however as you say the song remains the same.

If you want a current example of how the media is used to control and manipulate watch the UK (read English) governments concerted and ongoing efforts to smeer the extremely popular scottish first minister in order to damage the Scottish National Partys chances in the coming Scottish elections where they are expected to win a majority and demand a referendum on Independance for Scotland as Johnson is terrified of the result and being responsible for breaking up the Union