U.S. and World Politics

1438439441443444446

Comments

  • I will, I will read up on current Scottish politics. I was up to date, but too much happened in the last year.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I like Scotland’s prime minister, racingfan.
  • How come there hasn't been a report of Faucis connection to the wuhan lab and his lifetime obsession with gain of function?
  • The stonecrusner played football.
    We took a walk to the park and settled in as we usually do,. Bring a soccer ball and a bagful of essentials and let the stonecrusner have his will. Forts and swings, slides and things, he can run himself empty.
    Today he found a football and a boy. The boy was quite a bit older and was playing by himself, but the stonecrusner was running into the action as fast as I couldn't keep up.
    And that's actually kinda fast.
    I asked the ten year old if anyone was throwing, he said no, and I asked for a pass.
    He threw quite well and caught well too, so we began a series of pass and catch.
    Parents began to notice and we began an impromptu game of ditches and dodges, flick and pick, smearing who ever held when caught.
    The stonecrusner had a blast and even caught two passes.
    Hip, hip, hooray....
  • How is that political?
    Its all politics is about.
    Everything
  • Three billboards outside Washington DC might be three covers of teen vogue.
    What would each cover look like?
    One would obviously be Alexi Mccammond, but where to put it?, first, last, in the middle?
    One should be Christine Davitt.
    One might be Barri Weiss.
    Yes, I can see it.
    Alexi, Christine and Barri...
    ....not that'll get any closer to a truth then the three billboards outside Ebbing.


  • Wow, glad I didn't quote Tolstoy (or whoever) to break the boredom around here. Knew we could count on you, tincup. lol
  • sarinne said:

    Wow, glad I didn't quote Tolstoy (or whoever) to break the boredom around here. Knew we could count on you, tincup. lol

    Crickets....sometimes it's kinda nice to sit on a quiet porch and hear nothing but crickets. There's safety in the noise of natural moments, danger in silence. I meant to make a lot of noise about Indian Charlie...and about a very natural lizzie, tincup exacta using her favorite Malibu moon.
    Nice payday.
  • tincup said:

    sarinne said:

    Wow, glad I didn't quote Tolstoy (or whoever) to break the boredom around here. Knew we could count on you, tincup. lol

    Crickets....sometimes it's kinda nice to sit on a quiet porch and hear nothing but crickets. There's safety in the noise of natural moments, danger in silence. I meant to make a lot of noise about Indian Charlie...and about a very natural lizzie, tincup exacta using her favorite Malibu moon.
    Nice payday.
    Ah tincup, how many allegories are you trying to slip by me tonight? I love it. I get it partly is a racism and cancel culture reference, but I'm glad there are others that can read between your lines all the time. Because Tolstoy is probably an easier read for me. Is that bad? (Hmm, wonder what he would have to say about cancel culture....)

    Congrats to you on a nice payday. No quinella for Lizzie?
  • tincuptincup Member
    edited March 2021
    sarinne said:

    Wow, glad I didn't quote Tolstoy (or whoever) to break the boredom around here. Knew we could count on you, tincup. lol

    To wit and re...

    " music is the shorthand of emotion "
    Tolstoy
    ...or me, or any bit of love and laughter, tears and sorrow, anger and hate...funny you should pull such a good example of time and place....
    Maybe you're an alien?
    sarinne said:

    tincup said:

    sarinne said:

    Wow, glad I didn't quote Tolstoy (or whoever) to break the boredom around here. Knew we could count on you, tincup. lol

    Crickets....sometimes it's kinda nice to sit on a quiet porch and hear nothing but crickets. There's safety in the noise of natural moments, danger in silence. I meant to make a lot of noise about Indian Charlie...and about a very natural lizzie, tincup exacta using her favorite Malibu moon.
    Nice payday.
    Ah tincup, how many allegories are you trying to slip by me tonight? I love it. I get it partly is a racism and cancel culture reference, but I'm glad there are others that can read between your lines all the time. Because Tolstoy is probably an easier read for me. Is that bad? (Hmm, wonder what he would have to say about cancel culture....)

    Congrats to you on a nice payday. No quinella for Lizzie?
    The three billboards of my design aren't in any way to convey racism, and surely is concerned with canceling culture.
    Alexi is a dig worthy of a full crew working overtime, certainly not someone to be dismissed by the angry and ugly complaints of a real racist piece of trash.
    ....yet, sadly, live by the sword, no matter the noble heart, it shall yield the same blood one plans to spill....be it yours or mine...die by the sword you intend for mine.
    And so she that died first, gave warning to all that could hear, knowing only those that would....hear me... this wood is poisonous
  • ' someday you'll be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.^
  • Okay tincup, maybe I am an alien......at least in this "world" full of people getting their hands caught in the cookie jar. Everyone can plainly see me for what I am/what they think I am, and that is quite fine by me. I am a plain and simple woman. War and Peace -- not my idea of a bedtime read, but glad you enjoyed being reminded of it. You can keep those. Bring on the real fairy tales.

    "All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
    Tolstoy


  • sarinne said:

    Okay tincup, maybe I am an alien......at least in this "world" full of people getting their hands caught in the cookie jar. Everyone can plainly see me for what I am/what they think I am, and that is quite fine by me. I am a plain and simple woman. War and Peace -- not my idea of a bedtime read, but glad you enjoyed being reminded of it. You can keep those. Bring on the real fairy tales.

    "All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
    Tolstoy


    The quote of fairy tales is CS Lewis, which is a nod to something you and I know well, and Tolstoy and many great writers of beautiful prose.
    Picking flowers is fun, picking flowers for you a joy, picking flowers on a payday Saturday night a chore...sundays a nightmare
  • Kristi Noem had a nice run.
    Canceled
  • Gladly a big boat and not a big war.
    Transparency has become our boon and doom, too see too much....
    Supply is always the first priority of enemies seeking destruction, disruption, silly people running in circles.
    Viruses, vaccines, sick people buried in giant ditches...fires burning endlessly....choke, cry, scream...a simple boat brings the world to a standstill.
    Understanding
    Painting can bring something....
    Writing can...
    Walking can
    If you are willing to look.
    There are those that contend the pandemic has been a hoax perpetrated by people looking to command crowd control, and the complete effort to block these ideas are a certain evidence of truth.
    These are dangerous ideas, but they persist, precisely because of the wonton lack of transparency.
    Biden gave this away. As easy as that. He didn't even know. That's how dumb he is, or arrogant.
    We'll show you when it's what we want to show you.
    Disgusting.
    Yet, this is all...
    ....a single stupid boat.
  • Just as an example
    The efforts at the boarder to ease children into a normal routine.
    It's right.
    Too comfort,, to nurture, to educate....
    Normal
    But these creeps won't do it for their neighbor?
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited March 2021
    "Won't do it for their neighbor." Please explain tincup, I don't always understand you on first take, and probably second.
  • Common sense vs bureaucratic tyranny.
    Lies and truth.
    There are twenty thousand homeless children held by our government all along the southern border. They need the natural nurturing children need, and that need seems to be attended to by people recognizing the need.
    This is the right position. Regardless of the reason for need, the need becomes the most important moment.
    Vs.
    There are millions of children, isolated and lonely, trying to figure out a new reality that makes no sense. Millions without the ability to cope with a tear in cycle that brings the usual symptoms of separation disorders, traumatic stress disorders, all the usual suspects of fear.
    The people rush to the twenty thousand, sobbing ridiculous platitudes
    While the millions remain in a numbing bubble
    Fear and loathing

    I can't help that some don't understand the harm they are doing to their own neighbors, I can only speak about it.
  • @tincup, that was a very well written and insightful comment on many levels.

    Chaos at the US- Mexican border ( how naive can you be- European papers are very scathing of Biden). Rising poverty in the US and Europe (even in one of the richest countries in world Norway we have long queues at foodbanks). Refugees in allcorners of the world, Sudan, Greece, Italy. ( Europe has its own Trump wall although its with ships)

    But its easier to focus on the 20,000 rather than the millions and then sleep well at night, knowing that they have helped...

  • This is a hard one....and wishing it was unnecessary.
    The stonecrusner and I have been looking forward to the mlb opening for a couple of months. We watched spring training in anticipation as I explained the history of the game it'd take years to explain, but had only taken him a search to fall in love with.
    How did a little boy fall in love with baseball?
    By magic.
    I'd never followed sports during the stonecrushers lifetime, not any....and the reason was the promise to myself that I'd never do it i again after Berlin , if that kind of politics was involved. I didn't know it at the time, but I didn't any longer believe in the idea of politics not in sport.
    Yet, we did try.
    So, as each sport became increasingly political, I would lose more and more of a connection, till now when I don't seem to get anything from the endeavor, and as a proprietor of historical propriety I can't pass on something to my son who has found love in himself....and now I must turn the TV off.
    I must explain to him why sport has become an ugly place.
  • Munich.....of course i meant Munich
  • Ues a sad day for the world when that happened. The Olympics were meant to be a sign of peace but instead became something warped by political ideology

    May have been a slip but you were correct to mention Berlin and olympics in political terms if you think of the 1936 games
  • What to do with four white feathers?
    I am inclined, do to my own scraped knees, to sit by a quiet fire and read through the great follies of my time, looking to excuse the excess of emotion to personal tragedy, and giving some quarter to the idea that others have suffered as I have, in love, in competition, in finding something that supersedes the dreary news of this moment.
    The fire flares in colorful tunes, sometimes orange, white, sometimes blue...greens are a great delight....and like the shadows, other colors present themselves...until under a spell the voices remind you.
  • KMMKMM Member
    It sounds like you are enjoying your fire pit like you used to describe it a few years ago, even though it won’t be dark in CA for a few more hours.
  • KMM said:

    It sounds like you are enjoying your fire pit like you used to describe it a few years ago, even though it won’t be dark in CA for a few more hours.

    Four white feathers
Sign In or Register to comment.