R Sunday Surprise (California Chrome's 2014 Full Sister)

California Chrome's full sibling, a filly foaled in 2014, has been renamed.

Originally registered by Perry Martin with the name California Chromet, the new name is R Sunday Surprise. Carolyn said she submitted the paperwork this week. The name showed up in the On-line Name Book today.

She will race under the new racing stable name for Steve and Carolyn Coburn Silver State Racing.

According to Carolyn: We have one horse at the moment. Her name is R Sunday Surprise.

Comments

• BTW: The name hasn't caught up yet with Equibase. California Chromet is still showing up as the registered name for the 2014 Lucky Pulpit x Love the Chase filly.
  • According to Carolyn a trainer has not been selected and R Sunday Surprise is still at Harris Farms.

While I like Art Sherman, it would be fun to see her under the care of another trainer.

All Photos by Silver State Racing

Racing Silks for Silver State Racing

• She sure is stout, but yet feminine.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Baby fat!
  • Silver State Racing has added to their stock and is now a stable of two.

According to SSR:
    We're excited to announce that, on Friday, we claimed our newest addition to the Silver State Racing team. Twisted Ginger will be a broodmare. We are hoping to breed her to Northern Causeway soon.
  • Hmm, granddaughter of Miesque.
  • edited March 2016
    Her sire, Kitalpha, is an unraced full brother to Kingmambo, out of Miesque. She would most likely never have ended up in a claiming race if she was a granddaughter of Miesque on the maternal size of the pedigree.
    Hmm, granddaughter of Miesque.
  • Yep.
    Unraced Kitalpha with a handful of 100,000. dollar performers out of many,many kids.
    Dixieland Gal/Dixieland band. Nine horses with a high of 317,000 in earnings and four with 37 to 62,000 in earnings. with one daughter Jazz Gal With four horses and a high of 40,000 in earnings.
  • tincuptincup Member
    edited March 2016
    Son of a Cat-Tale of the Cat out of Dixieland Gal.
    50,000 dollar earner.
    2nd in the 2011 Hopeful
    3rd in the 2011 AYR Gold Cup

Northern Causeway is standing at San Miguel for 2,500 and maybe you could expect a reasonable result to a Giants Causeway for a small investment.
  • Will lightning strike twice? Stay tuned.
  • Will lightning strike twice? Stay tuned.
    I have a feeling is just might!
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    edited March 2016
    Wouldn't that be something!

(I'm talking about the new mare, not RSS. SHE I expect something from!)
  • Wouldn't that be something!

(I'm talking about the new mare, not RSS. SHE I expect something from!)
    Me too!

• According to the racing chart, Twisted Ginger, was claimed for $8,000 by Trainer Sam DiLaura for Steve Coburn. Very affordable and claiming a mare as a future broodmare prospect has worked out well for the Ramsey's, so maybe for the Coburn's too.
  • R Sunday Surprise is now stabled and in training at the barn of Doug O'Neil.
  • Well, FINALLY!
  • And what a nice looking filly she is.

Photos Doug O'Neil:

• Wow, she is as beautiful as her big bro!
  • She is a pretty girl. thank you the pics, news and updates.
    Nice to see she going to a high profile trainer in So. Cal. and will be a fun watch. So far she is still listed at Equibase as CC.
    The Chrome effect...
    I might be laughing out loud if she starts getting attention rightfully meant for two others in the barn. Will it drive Dougie nuts.?.lol
  • edited April 2016
    I'm laughing now at the thought, oh yeah, if he hasn't realized it yet, he will find out soon enough about the Chrome effect....

When will the name change? At the time of her first official workout?
    She is a pretty girl. thank you the pics, news and updates.
    Nice to see she going to a high profile trainer in So. Cal. and will be a fun watch. So far she is still listed at Equibase as CC.
    The Chrome effect...
    I might be laughing out loud if she starts getting attention rightfully meant for two others in the barn. Will it drive Dougie nuts.?.lol
  • Oh they know already, believe me.
  • I'm sure Doug is relishing it TBH haha.

Could you imagine if she was sent to Hollendorfer?
  • And if she can run, hold on and get ready for a fun ride. I am very excited that she is with Doug.
  • Fun thing about her being in Doug's barn is he has a facebook page with lots of photos of his horses working and such. So im sure we will be getting updates on her.