16Z--April 10, 2016 War Front colt

Comments

• To give credit to credit due --- info on Violet Rose was posted by @lauraj_cincinnati in the "Horses owned or bred by Mosses" thread ---

Violet Rose had a 2015 Courageous Cat colt. He is unnamed. Her 2016 is also by Courageous Cat; it is a colt born April 5.

Here is his pedigree:
    https://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=10073928&registry=T&horse_name=Unnamed&dam_name=Violet
    Rose&foaling_year=2016&nicking_stats_indicator=Y
  • Please, let's not spoil this joyful time! :)
  • I posted this on the "waiting" site, but think it's neat so adding it here, too.

Foalwatcher suggested the name Zitation on the waiting site, since he shares a birthday with Citation. I thought that was neat and found that, War Front, Zenyatta, Citation, and now the new baby all share at least one ancestor, Hyperion.

I thought the pedigree connection was really interesting, so I am sharing it here.

Sorry I didn't take the time to compare full pedigrees. It kind of makes my eyes cross.
  • get over yourselves
  • @lauraj_cincinnati

Thank you for the update about Violet Rose and her colt. 6 days apart isn't too big a distance so hopefully they will continue to be pasture buddies and these two colts can chew on each other, instead of their poor mamas!
  • get over yourselves
    Yes, that's it! It will surely add to their joy of Zenyatta delivering a healthy new baby boy!!! Good Lord.
  • foalwatcherfoalwatcher Member
    edited April 2016
    Sometimes smart phones are a pain

• It's a cute thought.
    I posted this on the "waiting" site, but think it's neat so adding it here, too.

Foalwatcher suggested the name Zitation on the waiting site, since he shares a birthday with Citation.
  • I didn't come up with the name!!! Just realized he shared a birthday with a very special champion.
  • foalwatcherfoalwatcher Member
    edited April 2016
    Sigh.

• Look at the picture! He's got the War Front family blaze too! though not the most lopsided. I'm so in love with his sweet face!
  • Delete

• We have a new blog post! Sounds like the colt was born "meconium stained. Meconium staining is an occasional event at foaling in which aspiration can occur, irritating the lungs." They were taken as a precaution to the clinic but seem to both be doing well.

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/zenyatta-delivers-war-front-colt
  • Update with more pics on the blog!
  • I didn't come up with the name!!! Just realized he shared a birthday with a very special champion.
    It was moshok:
    moshok">
    This lil fellow shares a birthdate with "Citation"..
    "Zitation?"

• Meconium staining happens when babies are overdue. Sending lots of love and hope that all is well with the little guy. :)
  • Hi there Forum crowd. I don't usually post here but thought you might be interested to know that Z16 also (besides Citation) shares his birth date with Medaglia d"Oro, Sadler's Wells and Desert Orchid. How neat is that?
  • Va, he did make your birthday!
  • According to the blog, he was born on the 10th.
  • Va, I think you have about an hour to edit your Title and change to:

16Z April 10 2016 War Front colt
  • Zenyatta stuck to her usual schedule. Foaling after dinner.
  • In the photos they were able to share in color, he appears to be blood bay like everyone was wishing for. Or at least to my eye -- I'm used to seeing my dark red babies while they are still wet. :)
  • Thanks for the tip, Especially_Horses. Got the date changed in time. I'm so excited to share my birthday with the little bugger. Hope all goes will with him. He's in good hands, I'm sure.
  • And did it quickly...water at approximately 9:00 pm and foaled at 9:24 pm.
    Zenyatta stuck to her usual schedule. Foaling after dinner.
  • edited April 2016
    Whoohoo....how fun.

We all thought it was April 11. Because the news broke on April 11, we assumed, incorrectly, he was born in the early hours of April 11. Now we know, because of the meconium issue they waited for the announcement. I'm sure they would have made the announcement yesterday if not for needing to take Zeny and 16Z to the clinic.
    Thanks for the tip, Especially_Horses. Got the date changed in time. I'm so excited to share my birthday with the little bugger. Hope all goes will with him. He's in good hands, I'm sure.