16Z--April 10, 2016 War Front colt

Comments

• God Bless them both. He is picture perfect and Zenny...what can we say...she is magnificient.
  • The earliest reports I read said he was born on April 11th...then these were corrected after the post here on zenyatta.com. LOL
  • I figured he was born last night once they announced it this morning. I can't wait to see pictures of him all dried up and about. Hope his lungs clear up okay!
  • Zen and Foal are at a clinic for observation as a precaution to be observed and treatment. Problem Meconium stained at birth Will be watched closely for 48 hours. Zen is in good health
  • So hoping they get the all clear as soon as possible. So excited to hear about his birth!
    Did anyone else notice his blaze looks like an exploding firework? It trails up from his nose and booms right on his forehead. So cute!
  • I'll put this here and waiting room but Bloodhorse has a few more details about the delivery and 16Z up:
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/99018/zenyatta-delivers-war-front-colt
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    So happy the Eagle has Landed! I'm praying he continues to do well so himself and momma can go home. Wow, he is handsome. He looked alittle in awe of the happenings in one of the first photos shared❤️. Those ears! Thank you Zenyatta for continuing to thrill us. Thank you team Z for sharing her with us.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm still on sabbatical from the forum but couldn't resist showing the comparative head markings of Zenyatta, War Front and their beautiful brand new Z16 colt! ❤
    It seems Z16 has a combination blaze from both mama and daddy.

imageZenyatta on 4/1/16 at her birthday party-Photo by Kyle Acebo via Zenyatta blog 4/2/16

imageZ16 fresh out of the oven. Photo by Kyle Acebo via Zenyatta facebook on 4/10/2016

imageWar Front headshot in May 2015-Photo by Paniolo_Gal

----------------------------
    Side note: On April 9, while awaiting Z16's arrival...@sarinne and I were discussing Zenyatta's frontal photo shown below, using the non-scientific (Old Wive's method) of predicting the sex of Z16 and figured it would be a colt as the left side of Zenyatta's belly was a bit more prominent*. Wow! This method has some warrant for accuracy indeed! :oD

imageIsolated Frame from the Foal Watch 2016 video from Zenyatta.com blog

*footnote: left = colt and right = filly when observing the mare straight on from the front or back view(s).
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited April 2016
    Z16 is absolutely beautiful --- I think Zenyatta stamped this one for sure. I just love how much he looks like Z --- I think he's a dark bay and he has those ears, too! While the blaze is similar to Zenyatta's --- it does appear to have a bit of the "Dancer" curve going down to one nostril. He's just perfect --- hope all goes well and they return to Lane's End in a few days. Anxiously awaiting more info --- bet he weighs in at over 150 lbs!

Quotes from the bloodhorse.com article:

The foal is a dark bay, very similar to the color of Zenyatta," he added

"He has a big blaze on his face that runs the whole length of his face, same style as his mom. He's a well-grown, good-sized, nice, big, leggy sort of foal. Really just what you'd want."
  • Wow, and possibly War Front again.
  • @Paniolo_Gal, Love seeing the comparison of Z16 with Zenyatta and War Front! Thanks for taking the time. Don't stay away long.
  • @Paniolo_Gal, Love seeing the comparison of Z16 with Zenyatta and War Front! Thanks for taking the time. Don't stay away long.
    Thanks @louisecastello! Unfortunately work and my left leg sciatica and spinal stenosis is ruling my life right now...I hope my chiropractor can align my body to lessen the pain. Time will tell. :oD
    Will peek in when I can for now. ❤

Soo, soo glad we finally got our beautiful Z16 colt on the ground and both mama and baby are being well taken care of and doing well. Can't wait to see new photos of the pair. :oD
  • I hope the chiropractor can help and you can get back here soon. I'm so excited about Z16 too and hope they get back to the farm super fast.
  • Hes got his daddys and mommys blaze if you look closely.

Still breaks my heart to hear of 14Z's death, she had such promise. I hope she is with her brother's spirit
  • KMMKMM Member
    I hope colt is OK.Usually diagnosis is good for human babies and animals with these late deleveries.
  • Congratulations to Anne and Jerry . That is one big boy!! And with Daddy's blaze...
    Anne looks so happy. Good luck and best wishes to all. : )
  • mc3mc3 Member
    the baby looks great
  • KetaKeta Member
    Expanding The Blood-Horse article
    Zenyatta Delivers War Front Colt
    By Myra Lewyn The Blood-Horse April 11, 2016
    Jerry and Ann Moss' Zenyatta, 2010 Horse of the Year, foaled a colt by Central Kentucky sire War Front April 11 (should be 10) at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm.
    Zenyatta had an uneventful, textbook delivery, the foal arriving at 9:24 p.m. EDT. He was born slightly meconium stained, however, meaning he aspirated some fecal-like substance that is normally present in the small colon of the rectum at birth, so he and the mare were sent to a clinic as a precaution, Lane's End manager Mike Cline said
    From article
    Cline said foals can show a lot of different signs of staining, such as oxygen deprivation, but the colt had a perfectly normal delivery.
    "He got up assisted, fairly quickly. He didn't show any signs of anything being wrong with him."
    Cline said Zenyatta is doing great.
    "The issue we had with the foal had nothing to do with her. She had a normal delivery, and she's in very good health. The foal is a dark bay, very similar to the color of Zenyatta," he added
    He has a big blaze on his face that runs the whole length of his face, same style as his mom. He's a well-grown, good-sized, nice, big, leggy sort of foal. Really just what you'd want."
    Later in article
    Plans call for Zenyatta to return to the breeding shed this season and the Mosses are leaning toward War Front again but no final decision has been made, Cline said.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/99018/zenyatta-delivers-war-front-colt
  • He really does have the prettiest lil head.

• Nice to see you back, Paniolo_Gal. Hope you can get your physical issues tweaked back to normal.
  • He really does have the prettiest lil head.

I agree! :)

• tinamritinamri Member
    edited April 2016
    He is a cutie.
  • He is a cutie.
    We're all bitten by the love bug, aren't we!
  • Happens every time. :-)