RIP Z16

123457»

Comments

• April 11, 2016 on the Blog, the only pictures of Z16. He looks so perfect, alert with those Mama Z ears and a blaze so similar to hers, but with that trademark Northern Dancer "swipe" of white down to a nostril.
    He was a beautiful foal and he'll always be remembered here --- he existed for us.
  • I wonder if he ever even got to stand up. I don't remember any pictures of him except the ones of him lying in the straw with Zenny.
  • VA, the blog post announcing his birth said "Currently the foal can stand and move around the stall with minimal assistance." http://www.zenyatta.com/news/zenyatta-delivers-war-front-colt So, I think he did stand up, but maybe never managed it by himself.

I also always wished we had gotten to know a little more about him, what he looked like and what other markings he had. He was just gone so quickly, though, poor little guy.
  • bleubetty said:

April 11, 2016 on the Blog, the only pictures of Z16. He looks so perfect, alert with those Mama Z ears and a blaze so similar to hers, but with that trademark Northern Dancer "swipe" of white down to a nostril.
    He was a beautiful foal and he'll always be remembered here --- he existed for us.

This is beautiful, @bleubetty. Thank you for this.