American Cleopatra (Full Sister to American Pharoah)

The 2014 full sister to Triple Crown winner American Pharoah (Pioneerof the Nile x Littleprincessemma). No doubt she will get media attention, so I figured she deserved her own thread. She is currently at Santa Anita, being trained by Bob Baffert and owned by the Zayats.

Photo credit - Zoe Metz at the Clockers' Corner

Comments

• Look at that sweet face <3 She looks so much like her brothers.
  • Moves just like him too - I reaaaaally hope she tries grass at some point :)
  • If lightning strikes twice, we may have our first filly Triple Crown winner.
  • Hopefully she grows a bit! They said she was smaller than Pharoah but moves like him. I don't think AP is that big either, around 16 hands... Just thinking about Ziconic (breaks my heart that he has all that desire but not the right build), but I think she should run close to the pace.
  • According to Justn Zayat: "She looks nothing like Pharoah physically," said Justin Zayat, his family's racing manager.
    Look at that sweet face <3 She looks so much like her brothers.</p>
  • I wasn't talking about her physicality. I was talking about her face in particular. Same kind eyes, same nose, same ears.
  • If lightning strikes twice, we may have our first filly Triple Crown winner.
    One can hope!
  • She is gorgeous, and she looks so sweet!
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    She does look sweet, like her brother and her mother, Littleprincessemma does appear to stamp her foals in the head/face.

She also looks a little masculine, which I personally like in a race filly. Hopefully gives her a strong eye when she goes head to head in a race and turns back the other horse!
  • Anyone think the Zayats would be gutsy enough to put her in the Kentucky Derby if she showed the talent?
  • I think it would depend. If she was Songbird level, then I completely believe the Zayats would entered her in the Derby/race her against the boys in the prep races if she showed enough talent. They seem like the people who would rather her have a shot at "glory" in the Derby than dominate an Oaks field (unless the "Triple Tiara" gets its act together, which there is like zero possibility to do in a year). However, if she was not an overwhelming favorite, then I would suspect the Oaks.
  • All fair points; it is worthy of mention, however, that no sibling of a Triple Crown winner--full sibling or no-- has won the Triple Crown. So if ANY of American Pharaoh's siblings win the Triple Crown, it would be a first! But it would be poignant to finally have a filly TC winner, who is the full sister of American Pharaoh.
  • Oh, ok. Just took your words at face value. She does exude the same kindness.
    I wasn't talking about her physicality. I was talking about her face in particular. Same kind eyes, same nose, same ears.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    Looking more at that deep chest.

Hella lot of lung capacity on this girl.
  • Agreed on the face. She looks so much like AP in face/eyes.
  • Zenyen said:

Looking more at that deep chest.

Hella lot of lung capacity on this girl.

I also silently noted the deep chest on this girl, what a girth! I wonder if she'll need custom girths for her when she's full grown? =)
  • Well, why not? Every girl needs s bit of glam. She should have gems on her bridle as befitting her royal name.
  • LOL! That just gave me a funny little image in my head of her walking into a closet full of saddles, girths, and bridles going "Hmm.... What do I wear to today's race?".

She looks like a sweet little angel, though. It's all in her eyes. She definitely has that filly 'tude, though! Can't wait to see this girl debut, she's at Baffert's barn now, so she must be relatively close.
  • It would make a great cartoon. Too bad Bloodhorse doesn't do domething like this, like the New Yorker.

The poor colt who got stuck with his north and south ends on opposite sides of the rail, would have been another fun one.

Or the one or Zi and handler both sticking their tongues out.

If i could draw cartoons, i'd be tempted to submit a few.
  • I actually can draw cartoons (in fact, I've been trying to work on a cartoon of American Pharaoh and Untouched Talent), but I sometimes just don't have the energy ^.^
  • Can't wait to see this girl debut, she's at Baffert's barn now, so she must be relatively close.

I believe Baffert said she's on the shelf for at least 60 days as they acclimate her to training.
  • edited June 2016
    As I said, "Relatively" close :) Close enough for me to be excited!
  • KMMKMM Member
    The link above does not work anymore.