American Cleopatra (Full Sister to American Pharoah)

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Also, one should note that her workmate, Fortunate Queen (2014 f. Pioneerof the Nile x Tamar by Indian Charlie), has been impressing many around the track. Considering horses are often paired with other horses of relatively equal caliber: this speaks very well of American Cleopatra, she is in good company ^.^
  • edited July 2016
    Per Ahmed Zayat, via Twitter: Everyone knows American Cleopatra is a very special horse to me and my family. She looks the part, and Bob believes she is talented and can run. I request of her fans and the press to let our filly grow and develop...she is only 2. There is no need to keep hyping her up. I know we are all excited, but I want the horse to do the talking, and not us. I don't want to jinx it. I have been bombarded with requests for hashtags, a Facebook page and feature stories. While I get the excitement, I want American Cleopatra to do the talking on the racetrack. Thank you for understanding.

Sounds like poor American Cleopatra has been a little overcrowded by the press, and fans. So Grandpa Ahmed is stepping in to tell everyone to give her some breathing room :)
  • 'Tis what happens when your older brother is a Triple Crown winner.
  • A sensible owner. Kudos. And he sent help to Borell's horses, too. Double kudos.
  • LOL. There has been almost as much hype on this Thread as probably anywhere else. However, I like to think the folks over here are a lot more sensible and patient.
  • For serious, I'm sure there's some ravenous American Pharaoh fans eager to get close to her. And the press and media are always looking for the latest story. And since American Pharaoh himself is retired and living a fairly complacent and uneventful life.... His sister is hot news. Good on the Zayats for making everyone keep their distance. Reminds me of how they quarantined the press from Baffert's barn on the eve of American Pharaoh's TC races.
  • edited July 2016
    American Cleopatra has settled in at Del Mar, some encouraging tweets from her peoples!

Per Ahmed Zayat: "American Cleopatra put her first work at Del Mar. Went great, very easy 1:01. Out in 1:14. Baffert all smiles. She can run, developing nicely!!!"

Per Justin Zayat: "Good way to start the day! Nice work from American Cleopatra today. Getting settled in nicely at Del Mar. All good signs!"

Another tweet from Justin Zayat in response to an inquirer about her debut: "Couple more works... Getting closer."

Picture:

(photo by Zoe Metz)
  • She has the most beautifully sculpted head and expressive ears. What a girl. Can hardly wait to see her race.
  • Video of her work: http://www.xbtv.com/video/workout/workout-american-cleopatra-outside-works-5-furlongs-in-101-40-from-the-gate-at-del-mar-for-bob-baffert/

She broke VERY well, and went straight as an arrow! Her exercise rider still has an iron-bar grip on her reins--meaning she still needs to learn to relax, she also switched leads flawlessly on the turn! Very impressive looking work :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    She looks really classy!
  • Per Justin Zayat's twitter: American Cleopatra worked big from the Gate just now, 1:00 out in 1:13. Getting very close. Doing super!
  • Image of American Cleopatra during her work today!

Retweeted by the Zayats: Jay Privman of DRF: American Pharoah's full sister, American Cleopatra, just worked a half-mile like a filly just about set for her debut. Has progressed nicely.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited July 2016
    Wow! Waiting on my toes for her debut! She looks fierce and determined!
  • @KMM that's what I thought when I saw her! "She's as fierce a as a lioness."

Go get 'em, girl!
  • KMMKMM Member
    She looks more locked and loaded than AP.:)
  • American Cleopatra (2-Year-Old Filly)

Date: July 26, 2016
    Track: DEL MAR
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 35:60 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt

She earned a breezing tag for her work!
  • Lioness said:

American Cleopatra (2-Year-Old Filly)

Date: July 26, 2016
    Track: DEL MAR
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 35:60 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt

She earned a breezing tag for her work!

Very impressive! That makes me think she'll have blinkers on for her debut.
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited July 2016
    She has been entered in a 5.5 furlong MSW at Del Mar this Sunday! Race 3.
  • That's so exciting!!! I can't wait to watch her debut =D
  • RachelRachel Member
    Yay!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Yeah little girl! She may have it!
  • Lioness said:

American Cleopatra is running July 31st in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Stewart Elliot. She is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • Lioness said:

American Cleopatra is running July 31st in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Stewart Elliot. She is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/213711/american-cleopatra-entered-at-del-mar
  • Good luck, little sister!!