American Cleopatra (Full Sister to American Pharoah)

Comments

• A little lost in the all the love for Cleos performance, well deserved of course, was the outstanding effort of the Union Rags filly...Union Strike
    She ran well enough to have won many a race, and is one to watch as she moves forward.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2016
    Union Strike is half to Handsome Mike--a winner of over $1 M, and a handsome son of Scat Daddy.
  • Here's a video of American Cleopatra's work yesterday, her first one since her debut win. She certainly is petite.

https://facebook.com/WatchXBTV/videos/1560643024242718/
  • She's not very tall but she's built like a tank! Reminds me of her dam a lot.

She's also very like her brother in being no nonsense on the track, she targeted her running mate perfectly at the head of the stretch. Interesting that she worked without blinkers, thinking they didn't want a lot of early aggression/speed out of her, might be working on getting her to rate so they can try to stretch her out.
  • KMMKMM Member
    She has got a big butt and a nice stride.
  • KetaKeta Member
    The Blood-Horse Monday August 22 2016
    Zayat Stables' homebred American Cleopatra, a full sister to Triple Crown winner American Pharoah, drilled six furlongs at Del Mar Aug. 22 in preparation for her scheduled start in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) early in September.
  • Just incase anyone missed her debut (or if you just want to watch it again) here it is:
  • American Cleopatra is running September 3rd in the Del Mar Debutante Stakes for 2 year old fillies going 7 furlongs at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Rafael Bejarano. She is trained by Bob Baffert and bred and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • Thanks for the post on American Cleopatra! Hope she does well.
  • Blinkers off for the Debutante ...
  • We hope the girl does great!
  • Going the other way
    playing to beat her
  • Playing mike
  • D*m it...I loved that Union Rags filly the first time through and kept looking at her today. She`s a beauty...
    Great for S Ruis and for the team Ruis. I played Noted and Quoted on top and so took another loss today.
  • Union Strike, 1/2 Sib to Handsome Mike, G2 winner of over $1 M, Scat Daddy. At stud in FL. Dam should be broodmare of year in her state. :)
  • American Cleopatra is running October 1st in the Chandelier Stakes for 2 year old fillies going 1 1/16th miles at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Stewart Elliot. She is trained by Bob Baffert and bred and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • American Cleopatra is running October 1st in the Chandelier Stakes for 2 year old fillies going 1 1/16th miles at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Stewart Elliot. She is trained by Bob Baffert and bred and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.

'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/215406/cleopatra-looking-to-reign-in-chandelier
  • Will be a tough race for Cleo!
  • I agree that it will be a tough spot for her. She seems like more of a sprinter (one run, hit the gun and go), so I hope she shows some control in this race. I don't see her winning (I believe Noted and Quoted has been working better than her lately), but she could place/show if she handles the distance.

She finished 8th of 11.
  • According to Ahmed Zayat on Twitter, Cleo bled and was eased by Stewart Elliot.
  • jnwisconsinjnwisconsin Member
    edited October 2016
    She did stop all of a sudden. Poor baby!
  • It sounds like Cleo will skip the BC Juvenile fillies ad point to a 3 year old campaign next year.
  • Another wise decision in the best interests of the horse. Bravo!