Forum Upgrade: Troubleshooting

Comments

• kyleakylea Administrator
    edited July 2016
    Hi @Paniolo_Gal, this is the way the image uploader is supposed to function. It prevents members from uploading the same image multiple times and taking up unnecessary space on our server. As photos are automatically resized to fit the forum, manual resizing isn't necessary.

Thumbnails will always remain at the bottom of the draft even if you delete the code and click the X, removing them from your comment. They reflect the images that are attached to a particular draft. You can click the thumbnail at any time to re-insert the image into your comment.

Also, if you have deleted the code and clicked the little X, the image will not appear anywhere in your comment once you post.
  • KMMKMM Member
    It is still happening kyle. ..getting kicked out occasionally.
  • Okay...thanks @kylea for the clarification on the image uploader (dog-eared icon). I will keep this in mind in the future when doing a draft of a particular dimension smaller than the default size...especially on vertical/portrait images.
    @KMM, it wasn't happening at all before and it just started today? Is this an issue for anyone else?
  • KMMKMM Member
    It is intermittent. Happens on work computer but not on Motorola Android old phone.
    edited July 2016
    I think I've made progress with the issue of users being randomly logged out.

Announcement:
    All members should CLEAR/REMOVE/DELETE all COOKIES from Zenyatta.com.

Cookies are stored by your computer and are used to maintain your logged-in state at the forum. If you have cookies that have been stored since before the upgrade, this may have been causing problems all along. Cookies must be cleared from each browser on each computer used to access the forum. I made some changes tonight that should solve some of the ongoing issues but you must clear cookies in order for these changes to take effect.

The method for clearing cookies is different for every browser. We recommend searching Google for instructions for your specific browser.
  • I just posted to Thoroughbreds with unique coloring thread, this afternoon. It never came up in today's discussions. What is wrong? Also, this is a Thoroughbred topic in the Other horses category. Can it be moved? Or should we start one under Genetics or Thoroughbred breeding?

A separate matter, draft saving in comments is driving me nuts. It saves over and over in every post I type. There is a save draft button below, but auto save just keeps going off, several times in the time it took me to type this.
    Hi @jnwisconsin, I can definitely move topics to different categories (I just moved the one you posted about). The easiest way to request a category change is to flag a comment in the discussion and explain that you think the discussion should be moved to another category.

I'm not sure why the discussion didn't move to the front when you posted. I'll look into that later.

Auto save has always functioned this way. You can delete drafts from the "My Drafts" section, found in the sidebar to the right.
  • Thanks. Maybe it is just the black bar message that gets in the way of what I am typing. Don't remember that before the upgrade.

I only got to the word "just" in the first line before the save box came up. And it frequently covers over what you are typing, so you either have to stop and wait for it to go away or click the top right corner to get rid of it.

Sorry to repeat, but I really don't remember this being a problem before. It saved twice in just the time it took to type the previous sentence.
  • I don't think I've had the problem with auto save that jnwisconsin has been having. I get the auto save black box notification below the posting box, and it doesn't happen as frequently as she mentions. I used to have the problem that KMM is having, but so far (knock on wood) haven't had the problem after the first day or so of the new system.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited July 2016
    Lately, it has been keeping me logged in, and when I leave and return, it recognizes me and does not make me log in again. Fingers crossed. :)
  • I always stay logged in, and I like it that way. Even when I turn my phone off and back on it stays logged in.
    edited July 2016
    @jnwisconsin, the black bar is designed to appear in the very bottom left corner of the window. If you make sure you are scrolled to the bottom of the forum, the notification will appear below the posting box instead of on top of it.

@KMM thanks for sharing the update!
  • Thanks , I will try that. I thought that I might have disturbed it because I switch back and forth between the full site and mobile site. The full site is far better if you are looking for a topic you know is there somewhere but you aren't sure where. If there aren't any really unusual words in the label, search feature can be more laborious than paging through a discussion, especially if you have a general idea of what it might be under.
  • HELP! There is a blaring junk ad on Zenny's new blog page that I can't seem to get rid of. Are others seeing & hearing it too?

Could someone get rid of it? Thank you.
    edited July 2016
    Hi @Abigail_1849, we've had advertising in the sidebar and footer of the website for a few months now. It helps us offset the cost of running the site.

When you say blaring--are you talking about sound?
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi @Kylea!
    Sorry to bother you, but I have a similar problem that another member, jnwisconsin had when she posted...Her post did not appear in "Recent Discussions". I have the same issue right now...my post is not showing up.

I just posted an article about Boyd Martin & Blackfoot Mystery in Sport Horses: Eventing, Show Jumping, etc.
    http://forums.zenyatta.com/discussion/1346/sport-horses-eventing-show-jumping-etc/p3

This is the posting reference:
    http://forums.zenyatta.com/discussion/comment/184934/#Comment_184934

ODD... My earlier post in "Personal Photos Of My Beloved Horses Past & Present" showed up in Recent Discussions as well as this current post I did in "Forum Upgrade: Troubleshooting"...but not "Sport Horses: Eventing, Show Jumping, etc." I tried posting the article a second time in the Sport Horse thread with no success either.
  • Mine didn't show up either. I got the little black box message that Paniolo_Gal had mentioned me, and I had to looking for both my and her posts.

Hi @Kylea!
    Sorry to bother you, but I have a similar problem that another member, jnwisconsin had when she posted...Her post did not appear in "Recent Discussions". I have the same issue right now...my post is not showing up.

I just posted an article about Boyd Martin & Blackfoot Mystery in Sport Horses: Eventing, Show Jumping, etc.
    http://forums.zenyatta.com/discussion/1346/sport-horses-eventing-show-jumping-etc/p3

This is the posting reference:
    http://forums.zenyatta.com/discussion/comment/184934/#Comment_184934

ODD... My earlier post in "Personal Photos Of My Beloved Horses Past & Present" showed up in Recent Discussions as well as this current post I did in "Forum Upgrade: Troubleshooting"...but not "Sport Horses: Eventing, Show Jumping, etc." I tried posting the article a second time in the Sport Horse thread with no success either.

Issue resolved
  • Thank you @kylea! Glad the missing posts in "Sport Horses" was a forum glitch and not something quirky going on with my computer.
  • I ran into something odd just now. I use the mobile site because i do my posting from my smartphone. When i finished a post and went back to read the rest of the new posts, no new posts were flagged in yellow. I checked posts by time reported and there were definitely new posts. I switched to full site so i could find this topic to report problem. They were highlighted on full site. I will post this comment and check back on mobile site to see if recent post flags are back there. Either way, it needed to be reported. Thanks.
  • Usually when I get the topics with no yellow flags, it's because I got thrown off the site and and no longer "signed in" and I have to sign in all over again. Used to happen a lot, but not really since the new upgrade after the initial sign in.
  • Me too, but not this time, I checked.

That said, the highlight flags are back. So looks like problem solved for now.
  • I tried to add a pcture of Fynn and itsad somehing about not having permissionn to add an avatar. At all. We should post in the forum issuescthread.
    @jnwisconsin this should be fixed. thanks!