De Coronado

I had something to post, so I took the initiative and set up the discussion. Could havr put it under Zenyatta, but most of those discussions are about her personally. Siblings &offspring of well known horses, and active and retired thoroubreds. I decided to go with active thoroughbreds, as it assms he seems to just be at the beginning of his career path, and still in training.

Anyway, here is an article about the horses in Aiden O'Brien's stable, De Coronado included.

http://www.attheraces.com/stable-tours/aidan-o'brien

620 kilograms =
1366.866 pounds. Wow! That is one big boy. And this was from a May 9, 2016 article. Hope he was endowed with that same late power kick and big bounding stride of Zenyatta.

And here is a picture of baby De Coronado with mom Vertigineaux, from the Facebook of Gloria Jeanne.

https://z-1-scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/375117_10200642181849483_1790637915_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1:AeGJ86gbIFjbeygdVApGYRwOj3Bru-W6Q7u2tEctiuvbYSuN_NiweV_xHKCJTWm8qwuZUE0Y7Jp7RVPU9E_fcUPS&oh=ece4e51cbdcbd7eb189022de3e222832&oe=57FB2446

Comments

• It will be very interesting to follow him in his career. Thanks for the links and starting the thread.
  • RachelRachel Member
    It stinks momma V is dead :'(
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited July 2016
    http://www.breedingracing.com/

O'Brien Gives Update On Zenyatta Sibling

Wednesday, 11th May 2016

Aidan O'Brien has provided an update on beautifully bred colt De Coronado (Street Cry-Vertigineux, by Kris S), the 3YO full-brother to champion US racemare Zenyatta. Speaking to At The Races during a tour of Coolmore's Ballydoyle stables, O'Brien said he was looking forward to when De Coronado makes it to the track. "He's absolutely massive! He's probably the biggest horse we've ever had, he weighs about 620kg," O'Brien said. "He was trained in America last year and has come to us for this season. He isn't close to a run yet, but it'll be interesting to see what he can do." Zenyatta, who was crowned US Horse of the Year in 2010, retired that same year with 19 wins from 20 starts and earnings of US$7,304,580 - a record for a North American female. Unfortunately, De Coronado is the last foal of the Kris S mare Vertigineux, who died from colic at Coolmore Stud in 2014.

« Previous

Return to
    11th May 2016 News

Next »

• WE HAVE NEWS!!!!! GREAT NEWS!

It looks like he's going to debut on Saturday at the Curragh in a 12f maiden race for Coolmore!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Very cool. Any chance there will be a video replay?
  • I'm sure somebody will post it on YouTube. There's enough interest in him for that I think. I'm going to try to catch it on TVG if I can. I think you can actually stream TVG for free though if you have an account with them (no cable account necessary). They typically show UK racing in the mornings before US racing starts up. I'll try to find the link when I get home tonight (but feel free shoot me a message or something if I forget).
  • Wow, that's a piece of ground to cover. But if he is like Zenny with that big long stride he should be able to get the distance. Safe trip and Godspeed to him.
  • jaefeatheredjaefeathered Member
    edited July 2016
    Alright here's the link to where you can watch TVG for free: https://www.tvg.com/live

You should just be able to sign up for an account with them (free) and watch it no problem.

EDIT: I think you should be able to watch it on Twinspires too if you have an account with them as well.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thanks for taking the time jaefeathered. This is almost more exciting than the boys racing...Z's full brother, and there aren't any other of Z's sibs racing.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Oh wow.
    That should be a bunch of fun. I have been very interested.
  • We'll finally get to see what he actually looks like for sure. Remember how we didn't know if the right pictures were being posted?
  • Kelsey_98Kelsey_98 Member
    edited July 2016
    De Coronado has been entered in a race!

and TVG has retweeted this tweet and posted a picture of him.
  • Nice to get official confirmation from another source! Thanks for posting that @Kelsey_98
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    Really brings home the differences in racing here and overseas! Maiden mile and a half race, I love it!
  • Full information on De Coronado's race, he has post 8.

http://www.irishracing.com/cards/Curragh_Sat_16th_Jul_2016_6_50.html
  • It was amazing to a lot of people that Coolmore and Godolphin (Darley America) set aside their differences to do this matchup. The first mating didn't take, and they tried again in 2012, with the result of De Coronado being Vertigineux' last foal in 2013. I don't know the origin of any differences between these two racing giants.
  • edited July 2016
    I think it's because they're both strongest in Ireland, and thus are pitted against each other by many. But honestly, I don't think they're as competitive as most think =) De Coronado is the full brother of a world renowned champion, the only full sibling to Zenyatta... And is now going to be the SOLE full siblng of Zenyatta, with both Street Cry and Vertigineux dead. His significance cannot be overstated, I think both these Irish giants know this. Hence why the second pairing happened in the first place.
  • Oh, it doesn't appear TwinSpires has Curragh Racecourse :'(
  • tincuptincup Member
    Tvg does....everyday all over the world.
    wink
  • But TVG requires your SSN =(
  • RachelRachel Member
    I have a TVG Account but its on lock. Theres nothing i can do about it :(
  • What time is the race?
  • 6:50pm UK time, which should be 11:50am if they go off on time. Last race of the day.

http://www.irishracing.com/results?meeting=Curragh_Sat_16th_Jul&prc=084&prd=20160716
  • KMMKMM Member
    Will someone post when it becomes available? Can't do SS No. Afraid of ID theft.
  • tincuptincup Member
    66 minutes and counting