De Coronado

Comments

• Who owns him now?
  • KMM said:

Who owns him now?

He's still owned by Coolmore but they are going to sell him.
  • KMM said:

Who owns him now?

Hopefully to someone who will bring him back over here to American dirt.......
  • sarinne said:

KMM said:

Who owns him now?

Hopefully to someone who will bring him back over here to American dirt.......
    Agreed i was thinking the Zayat's since they are kinda known as the "stallion making breeders"
  • Maybe Jerry Moss?
  • sunny2911 said:

Maybe Jerry Moss?

Possibly but since he already has Zenyatta it's unlikely he would want her full brother.
  • Long Island Sound is also entered in the sale...
  • When is the Tattersall sale scheduled for? I am assuming it hasn't happened or this Discussion Thread would have already had comments on whether or not he sold or was an RNA. Even with his pedigree I can't think of enough good reasons for the European buyers to get excited over him. I know it appeared a good idea at the time to ship him to Europe, but that just may have been the thing "not to do". If they were hoping for a male Zeny, then maybe it would have made more sense to stay state-side.
  • When is the Tattersall sale scheduled for? I am assuming it hasn't happened or this Discussion Thread would have already had comments on whether or not he sold or was an RNA. Even with his pedigree I can't think of enough good reasons for the European buyers to get excited over him. I know it appeared a good idea at the time to ship him to Europe, but that just may have been the thing "not to do". If they were hoping for a male Zeny, then maybe it would have made more sense to stay state-side.

My speculation is they rebred V to Street Cry in hopes of getting another filly. It was a reasonable gamble given the fact that out of 8 foals on the ground at that time 7 were fillies. This family that is what you want, the fillies, but they got a colt.

So they probably looked at his conformation, way of going and at the fact that V's one other colt Souper Spectacular had only ever won on turf and they decided to give De Coronado what they thought was the best chance to be successful in a region that celebrates turf races. Only he turned around on them and proved to be a horse of middling talent who wants dirt. He might also have an issue with bleeding, since this family has only ever run on Lasix.

Either way he does not run at the level in Europe to keep him in Ballydoyle's stable and as it is very much a business for Ballydoyle they have no issue putting him through the ring and putting their money into horses that fit their business model.
  • Just to clarify, I wasn't thinking that they returned to Street Cry hoping for a colt. No way. They wanted a filly for sure. But once they saw the foal was a colt, I'm speculating that they were hopeful for the male version of Zeny. Since he was a full sibling to her, unlike SS, maybe they should have given more weight to her racing preferences then how the half-sibling performed. But I totally get giving consideration to how the only other colt performed. Obviously all hindsight now. I'll be very interested to see who buys him and what they have in mind for his future.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited October 2017
    I kinda wonder if they really don't want Z's famiy in their program at all or they feel like the family isn't valuable to them anymore since Pressurizing (1/2 sister to Z by Henrythenavigator) is entered in the November Fastig -Tipton sale.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    edited October 2017
    @QueenZFan22

I agree I think they're divesting the family entirely as Long Island Sound is also going through the ring. I suspect if she were in their broodmare band Zenyatta would be going through the ring as well.
  • De Coronado has been withdrawn from Tattersals Horse in Training sale. No other information as to reason for withdrawal
  • edited October 2017
    I don't know if that's good, bad or indifferent
    racingfan said:

De Coronado has been withdrawn from Tattersals Horse in Training sale. No other information as to reason for withdrawal

• KMMKMM Member
    Maybe they found a private buyer.
  • @KMM --- I had the same thought, or maybe he is injured. As big as he is, maybe someone sees potential in another discipline.
  • Staying overseas. Was hoping he would return stateside.
    Keta said:
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited January 2018
    I think this might be her--Coronado's new owner.

https://twitter.com/samibeddoes?lang=en

and the trainer's website--he is kind of cute B)

http://www.seamusdurack.com/
  • Taking a sample off his website, Seamus Durack looks to be a jumps trainer.

So perhaps De Coronado is heading on to a career racing over fences! That would be an interesting move IF it turns out to be the case since that was a career we talked about as being possible for CoZ at one time.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited January 2018
    Site says he races 50/50, but he was a jumps jockey.

Photos of the yard:

http://www.seamusdurack.com/the-croft/
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited January 2018
    And for what it is worth, Beddoes and Durack are a team--boyfriend/girlfriend or partners/married.
  • If the horse has entries at kempton and wolverhampton next week, these are evening flat meetings, but given this yard its likely that the horse will be seen over hurdles and most likely fences later.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thanks racingfan. Good to know.
  • De Coronado holds two engagements, the first a 15 furlong handicap on the kempton polytrack on the 6th january, the second entry is at Wolverhampton on the 8th january in a 9 furlong conditions stakes on the all weather track there