Zenyatta's Waiting Room 2017

Comments

• I think we still care about her @tincup..I'm pretty sure you do and most of us here. She will always be special and can't help what her connections do. It is frustrating though. Very. :/

<3
  • Right.

Time for the annual break from the forum. You guys enjoy the spring babies and the discussion up to the Derby and let's all hope for happy news come May!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Tincup, did edit my post. And I think that you care; maybe it is just today?
  • KMMKMM Member
    I am sorry that you are leaving Zenyen. You add a lot to discussions! Cheers! K
  • Maybe we should all take an annual break. :)
  • bigherbiebigherbie Member
    edited January 2017
    This is my 4th edit - Maybe later TC ... :) <3
  • tincuptincup Member
    edited January 2017
    Bad post
  • @Zenyen --- I couldn't agree with you more, I actually had some similar thoughts at the time --- too much fawning and attention, all sincere, loving and well intended but disruptive none the less. It's a delicate situation for Lane's End, too. I don't know when Vixana was moved there and became Zenyatta's pasture buddy, but it appears she is finally going to carry a foal to term and I suspect that Ann Moss will be worried about that foaling as well. (She hasn't carried a foal to term since her first, Mentor Cane.) Since Zenyatta isn't near her foaling date for her birthday, they can visit and have her celebration and then return to California until she's actually in labor --- it's only about a five hour flight --- they would be there soon enough! ( I don't mean that to sound cruel in any way )
    I know one thing for sure -- I won't be doing any "pacing" until at least mid-April. But --- Z could surprise us with a shorter gestation this time. I am looking forward to this baby --- it's gonna be a beauty --- Medaglia d' Oro and Zenyatta --- WOW ( Tiznow/Zenyatta would be another beauty, but a late bloomer! )
    Anybody know who Vixana was bred to --- think I've asked before but didn't get an answer.
    Zenyen --- I know you take breaks from the forum, but don't stay away too long. I look forward to your opinions and knowledge. I hope you know that your input is greatly appreciated by so many forum members and we miss your posts when you take a break!
  • I'm really excited for Z to foal. Am hoping for another filly. We were all so excited about Z Princess. If it is a filly what names are you thinking about until the Mosse's name her? Don't think calling her Z Princess would be appropriate, although perfect. Have to put on my thinking cap! Glad she is doing well so far. My birthday is in April so I'm going for the 11th. But she may surprise us all and foal sooner like last time.
  • Z's Golden Star: goes with Mdo and the celestial names that they have given her offspring. K
  • Linay, my birthday is the 10th. I was so excited last year when 16Z arrived on my birthday and heartbroken when he didn't survive the week. Hope 17Z does better. A filly would be wonderful because Medaglia D'Oro's fillies are so excellent. Thinking Songbird and Rachel Alexandra.
  • So, I just realized there have been no new posts on Zenyatta on the blog or Facebook since December. I hope everything is fine. Has anyone heard anything new about Zenyatta or seen any new pictures?
  • No. Been wondering the same thing. Also wondering where Ann is. That wasn't Ann in the winner's circle with Jerry and Royal Mo.
  • VA_in_CA said:

No. Been wondering the same thing. Also wondering where Ann is. That wasn't Ann in the winner's circle with Jerry and Royal Mo.

Azaria Cavasin reported on February 4 on her FB page that the "Mosses are apparently separated..." in her posting about Mosses now having two horses on the Derby Trail...

• casadaly said:

VA_in_CA said:

No. Been wondering the same thing. Also wondering where Ann is. That wasn't Ann in the winner's circle with Jerry and Royal Mo.

Azaria Cavasin reported on February 4 on her FB page that the "Mosses are apparently separated..." in her posting about Mosses now having two horses on the Derby Trail...

Oh wow! :o

• There were a few of us that speculated that after The Front Runner. We didn't recognize the woman with Jerry as being Ann. The response we got for suggesting that was something like "would never happen". Very sorry to hear this news.
  • Not sure what that means...are they separated because they are each following one particular horse?
  • KMM said:

Not sure what that means...are they separated because they are each following one particular horse?

I don't think that's what it means, unfortunately. :/

• KMM said:

Not sure what that means...are they separated because they are each following one particular horse?

If either one is following a different "horse" it's probably not on a racetrack.... :/

• bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited February 2017
    I assumed that the young lady in the winners circle after the The Front Runner or Robert B. Lewis Stakes (can't remember which one right now) was a niece of Jerry or Ann Moss. I'm not sure I'm ready to believe this based on a Facebook post. Neither of them has looked the picture of health until Jerry was interviewed after Royal Mo's win. Frankly, the same can be said of John Shirreffs --- until recently. They've had a couple of tough years with their beloved Zenyatta and so much of their personal life is intertwined with their relationships with thoroughbred racing and breeding. At their age, this just doesn't make any sense to me. I so hope that this is just a rumor and is quickly put to rest by someone who has the authority to speak for Mr. and Mrs. Moss.
  • bigherbie said:

KMM said:

If either one is following a different "horse" it's probably not on a racetrack.... :/

Like!

• Double like. Cracked me up.

bigherbie said:

KMM said:

Like!

• Not wanting to be involved in rumor mongering, just my own observations. Jerry had his arm around the young woman's waist not in an avuncular way, and he looked younger and happier than he has in a long time. They were in the very public winner's circle. Just saying. Who knows? It doesn't change our feelings, or theirs either, I'm sure, about Zenyatta. We are mainly Zenyatta fans here.
  • KatyKaty Member
    New Photos on her blog!
  • bleubetty said:

I assumed that the young lady in the winners circle after the The Front Runner or Robert B. Lewis Stakes (can't remember which one right now) was a niece of Jerry or Ann Moss. I'm not sure I'm ready to believe this based on a Facebook post. Neither of them has looked the picture of health until Jerry was interviewed after Royal Mo's win. Frankly, the same can be said of John Shirreffs --- until recently. They've had a couple of tough years with their beloved Zenyatta and so much of their personal life is intertwined with their relationships with thoroughbred racing and breeding. At their age, this just doesn't make any sense to me. I so hope that this is just a rumor and is quickly put to rest by someone who has the authority to speak for Mr. and Mrs. Moss.

I cannot recall either which race it was, but Mike Sekulic (one of the well known photographers at Santa Anita) TALKED to Ann Moss the day in question so she WAS there at the track but apparently NOT with Jerry. It also is curious that horses owned by them prior to Royal Mo (and probably Gormley as well although I haven't seen his as yet with my own eyes but am going to check now) were always listed in the Equibase entries as being owned by "Mr. and Mrs. J.S. Moss". JUST yesterday, I happened to notice that Royal Mo's entry for The Rebel listed the owners as "Jerome S. Moss and Ann Holbrook Moss". To me, that is very telling.

Of course it is their own personal business but by being in this group for as long as most of us have been, I honestly don't consider talking about it to be rumor mongering. We love Zenny, all of her offspring as well as her human connections and, as such, care what happens and are interested in the lives of all of them.