Zenyatta's Waiting Room 2017

Comments

• I watch April all the time. I personally think she is finally getting close lots of licking tonight and tail holding up

I noticed that too, wyominggrandma. Tuned in to see how this plays out tonight, now. :)
  • Mea Ola's Place is already having an unofficial contest between the giraffe and CC their expectant jenny burro. She was captured last summer with a 2--4 month old baby at her side, and one in the oven. She's due any day now. Udder is filling. You can watch her on MareStare on the Mea Ola's Place Cam.
  • Giraffe making me crazy
  • Can giraffes have phantom pregnancies?! How long can she go?
  • I just looked up giraffe gestation, they have 13-15 months.
  • & now we know what to call this lol.

"Calving
    Giraffes genders bear the same names as cattle. The female giraffe is a cow, the male is a bull and the baby is a calf. The cow gives birth to the calf standing up. Yes, the baby takes quite a tumble at birth, which helps break the amniotic sac. Calves stand approximately 6 feet tall at birth, with males larger than females. Cows give birth in a calving ground, to which they return to have their babies. It's often the same place they were born in, as mothers in the herd return to the calving ground season after season."
  • She is pregnant. You can see the calf moving, kicking and making her whole body jerk. I have watched her mammary glands slowly fill with milk. Watching her belly grow. A giraffe's gestation is 15 months. They come into heat every 17 days, year round. They caught Oliver breeding April a few times and then he didn't try anymore. They assume the last breeding was where they started the countdown.... But, as anyone knows, she might have not taken the last time they bred, and maybe the missed the next time.. All the different "live feeds" are people stealing their feed and putting it on as the animal park. The true live feed only has live chat on Sunday thru Thursday. The chats on other pages are not run by the park.
    If April is not pregnant, then she as a large growing alien inside her.
    It too bad so many jerks are taking a neat thing and trying to ruin it
  • I dont believe the controversies. I haven't really veen following April on cam. Just recently heard about her but haven't been watching her on cam.
  • Back to Zenyatta..

I know people are saying a May foal, but kinda hoping the baby arrives before the end of April. And wouldn't it be a hoot if baby arrives on Easter?

So far all quiet from Lanes End.
  • If I remember correctly Karen Gogue is a regular on the Blog-side, who does get a bit of insider information. I tend to believe her if she said Dottie said mid-May.
    VA_in_CA said:

Rachel said:

Who is they? Staff at Lanes End?

In due time, we will surely know :)

It was confirmed as mid-May by Dottie, according to Karen Gogue.

• Thanks for expanding on Karen. I do remember her providing a lot of good inside information.
    VA_in_CA said:

Karen comments on the Blog and also goes to Santa Anita a lot, where she seems to have a good rapport with many of the people there. She used to post on the Forum in the early years. She posts a lot of videos of the horses being saddled, walked and then ridden in the paddock area, etc. I friended her on facebook a while back, so maybe I've seen those videos on her own page. Can't remember. Also on a page for a smaller group of Zenyatta fans. Anyway, she talks to Dottie and John and Mike and others there at SA.

• Now that May appears to be a more realistic month here are some memories to tie us over for the next 4-6 weeks.

The first photos released of Coz, Zi, Z Princess and Z16.

Coz - March 8, 2012

Zi - April 1, 2013

Z Princess - April 20, 2014

Z16 - April 11, 2016

• Here's one of 16Z that has the same "pose" as the ones of Coz and Z Princess.

and one of 13Z of the same kind or type.

and a special posting of my favorite of 16Z, in honor of the day he passed, a year ago yesterday.
    Pictures from Zenyatta.Com taken in April of 2016, 2013, and 2016 respectively.

I love that they all have "the ears."
  • 16Z full to Princess Z, just as beautiful as his sister :(
  • Z Princess' curly, girly mane still brings a smile and a tear.
  • Rachel said:

16Z full to Princess Z, just as beautiful as his sister :(

Yes, he would be a gorgeous yearling now, had he survived.
  • Which makes me wonder if they will try War Front again.....
    VA_in_CA said:

Rachel said:

• raceon said:

Which makes me wonder if they will try War Front again.....

VA_in_CA said:

Rachel said:

I hope they do! But I'm glad they didn't right away.
  • Hmmm, that is an interesting thought.

raceon said:

Which makes me wonder if they will try War Front again.....

VA_in_CA said:

Rachel said:

• All these pix once made me so happy and now especially the one with the princess still makes me tear up..
    i also hope War Front and Zenny will get together one more time in the future!
  • The ones with 16Z make me feel the saddest, because she never really got a chance to be with him, so it's very bittersweet to see her so attentive to him for that brief time they had.
  • I agree. Very sad. And he looked so promising and sweet, too. Maybe Cozmic One's build and talent without the bratitude.
  • lauraj_cincinnati, the WinStar mare that stayed in the foaling stall for a month was Mimi's Bling. That was really entertaining, day after day!
  • I remember now why I missed her foaling, Mimi's Bling decided to foal during the blackout when Winstar went through issues due to a thunderstorm.