Frosted

Comments

• That was a good race and Frosted definitely won it. He didn't have to try very hard, either. I was happy to see Noble Bird do so well for much of the race. I was hoping he would keep 2nd place. He's another of my personal friend Spider's numerous genetic half-brothers. (Only genetic.)
  • KetaKeta Member
    RACE REPLAY: 2016 Whitney Stakes
    Featuring Frosted
    TVG Network Published on Aug 6, 2016
    Frosted wins the 2016 Whitney Stakes Saturday at Saratoga.

BloodHorse ‏@BloodHorse Aug 6, 2016
    Final order in G1 Whitney:
    4-Frosted,
    2-Comfort,
    3-Upstart,
    6-Effinex
  • Watching Rio Olympics! Boo! Missed race! :-(
  • Great race by Frosted. Really just a gallop. My boy Upstart was third to him again. But he will still take home a nice purse. Hope all came back healthy.
  • Wow, what a race. That's my boy!

Thanks for posting the race, Keta.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thanks Keta.
  • Holy crap, Frosted!!! =O What an unbelievable race! He's turned into an absolute BEAST in his last two races. I don't think he's nearly the same horse that raced against California Chrome in the Dubai World Cup just this spring.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited August 2016
    I just posted more pics of Frosted from todays Whitney over on page 16 of the Saratoga thread.
    Didn't want to double post-so here are 2 I didn't use over there :0)

• Oh, these are gorgeous!! I especially love the last one.
  • KMMKMM Member
    His after in the other shows a bloodshot eye.
  • He made it look so easy in the race, but here he looks tired. As he should be.
  • There have been a lot of comments about Frosted in Saturday's Woodward run.

McLaughlin Defends Rosario’s Ride on Frosted
    http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/mclaughlin-defends-rosarios-ride-on-frosted/
  • No doubt the ride was a bit curious, and KM didnt really absolve Joel completely, though he tried. KM just couldnt help himself. Which leads to the real trouble with handicapping Frosted. There are times that KM doesnt seem to know the horse. Funny, we were talking about Frosted in this race and risk of playing such a low number. The competition wasnt stiff and the distance should have been perfect, but it didnt make sense to single him because KM just couldnt keep this guy at top form over a series of races. The Talent was always there. He just throws clinkers.
    Joel is a pretty good jock, not great, but pretty good. He shouldnt get saddled with this, just as Jose L wasnt responsible for the Travers last year.
    When Frosted was racing up to the Dubai, Mohaymen was working toward his own legacy..KM wasnt paying any attention to the signs and lost both horses.
    We havent seen the real Mo since.
    These are only my thoughts
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2016
    I just find the comments that he actually "ran 41 feet further" and therefore was the better horse a bit off putting and a lot of baloney for an excuse, by KM. I liked that the jockey did not hit the horse, too, and the trainer seemed a little unsure of the outcome. It is a horse race...human and animal partners, high speed, decisions made of the moment, who feels the best...
  • I think the slow start hurt him a lot because then he was behind horses and struggled to find running room. Running that wide around the last turn definitely hurts, as does being stuck behind a slow early pace. It wasn't the best ride, but it wasn't the worst, either, and he was really close at the end. It just wasn't his day. I appreciate it when a trainer doesn't publicly lambast the jockey, and also when he sticks up for his horse.
  • I hope he skips the JCGC. Lost nothing in defeat.

• EliRose said:

I hope he skips the JCGC. Lost nothing in defeat.

JCGC doesnt do a thing for him.
    What do you see?
    A work up to the BCC, or a jog thru the Mile and the Peg in Jan.?
  • tincup said:

EliRose said:

I hope he skips the JCGC. Lost nothing in defeat.

JCGC doesnt do a thing for him.
    What do you see?
    A work up to the BCC, or a jog thru the Mile and the Peg in Jan.?
    BCC then off to stud or Dubai. I just can't see Sheikh Moh putting a horse in the Pegasus, at least not in the first running. He's on top of everything hot in the game, that he didn't purchase a gate says to me he's not happy with losing the "richest race" title.
  • Think he can be beat. Would chose him for BCC mile. He would clean up there, maybe? Tincup, if you want to weigh in?
  • SarahSarah MaineMember
    Perhaps the Sheikh did not receive an invitation.
  • Sarah said:

Perhaps the Sheikh did not receive an invitation.

I don't understand your comment --- Frosted already has two "win and you're in" tickets to the Breeders Cup and If Sheikh Mohamed decides he wants (which I doubt) a gate in the Pegasus, I'm sure he would simply purchase or make a deal with one of the current "gate owners". I'm sure the race organizers (Stronach Group} and Gulfstream Park would welcome his participation.

So ---- what kind of invitation are you referring to --- do hope you aren't implying that Sheikh Mo got shut out or snubbed!

• SarahSarah MaineMember
    Perhaps the Sheikh is waiting for an invitation to the race.
  • Sarah said:

It's not an invitation when you have to buy your way in.
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited September 2016
    Sarah said:

Sorry --- don't get your hang-up with "an invitation". Key words from my post --- "purchase", "deal", "gate owners". If your use your search engine, there are several really informative articles that explain, in detail, how gates are purchased and what the buyers can do with their one million dollar gate-purchase. Just search for "Pegasus World Cup" --- I invite (as in "invitation") you to do so!