Comments

• My heart is with Beholder, but California Chrome is at the absolute top of his game right now, so it'll be tough for her to pull it off. No matter who wins, it's going to be an absolutely incredible horse race.

If Beholder loses, I'd like to see it go to California Chrome or Dalmore.
  • I want this for Chrome...my heart and soul are with Chrome. Beholder is an exceptional mare, she is my second choice.
  • California Chrome, Beholder, Dortmund Eye 2016 TVG Pacific Classic:
  • KetaKeta Member
    Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman August 18 2016
    Pac Classic field has combined for 19 Grade 1 wins,
    5 Eclipse Awards (including HOY),
    Ky Derby, Dubai World Cup, 2 BC wins, 2 SA Derbies

• KetaKeta Member
    Pacific Classic 2016: Odds and Analysis
    Zipse at the Track, Horse Racing Nation, August 18, 2016
    For the past few months, the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic 2016 has been one of the most highly anticipated races in years. Now it is almost time for the showdown. Not only does it feature three of the best dirt horses in the world, but it also showcases them each as mature older horses. We have not seen a meeting of such accomplished horses of four, five, and six-years-old in a long time. It’s good for the game, and this year’s signature race at Del Mar, could well go down as the best in the history of the race. No matter your rooting interest, this sets up as a race that all fans of racing can enjoy. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the field, with my projected odds and analysis...
    http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/zatt/Pacific_Classic_2016_Odds_and_Analysis_123#
  • KetaKeta Member
    California Chrome Draws The Rail In 2016 Pacific Classic
    by Paulick Report Staff | 08.16.2016 | 8:17pm
    http://www.paulickreport.com/news/breeders-cup/california-chrome-draws-rail-2016-pacific-classic/
    From article:
    The full lineup for the 2016 Grade 1 TVG Pacific Classic is as follows,
    including morning-line odds:
    1 California Chrome (Victor Espinoza) 8-5
    2 Hoppertunity (Flavien Prat) 8-1
    3 War Story (Ricardo Mejias) 30-1
    4 Hard Aces (Santiago Gonzalez) 15-1
    5 Win The Space (Joe Talamo) 15-1
    6 Imperative (Norberto Arroyo, Jr.) 20-1
    7 Beholder (Gary Stevens) 5-2
    8 Dortmund (Rafael Bejarano) 3-1
    9 Dalmore (Kent Desormeaux) 20-1
  • 24 hours until the showdown.
  • Photo and comment by TVG

That's gotta feel good! California Chrome goes for a post-gallop roll at Del Mar Racing this morning. Who's excited for tomorrow's TVG Network Pacific Classic?

Roll in.JPG 109.2K
  • bigherbiebigherbie Member
    edited August 2016
    Thank you, Especially_Horses <3
  • KMMKMM Member
    I am a Beholder supporter. CC can roll, but it is toughodds, he is astonishing, but I am still voting for her! Haha! Best to all!
  • Love your resolve for Beholder. I have one toe in her corner, lol. May they all come home safe!
    KMM said:

I am a Beholder supporter. CC can roll, but it is toughodds, he is astonishing, but I am still voting for her! Haha! Best to all!

• Agreed - safe races for all, but it would not hurt my feelings to see Beholder win even though I love California Chrome and Dortmund also. :)
  • edited August 2016
    Chrome this morning!

It's going to be an excruciating long wait for today's race. 9:15pm for you East Coast folks!

https://www.facebook.com/mark.taylor.1840070/videos/1398038143546137/
  • In case you guys want to watch racing live at Del Mar and Saratoga today (who am I kidding? Of COURSE you do!), you can watch XBTV here: http://www.xbtv.com/watch-live/

No need for an account or anything. It's in ultra HD and has some really great commentators.
  • Bless you!!! It is so much clearer than the CAL RACING stream.

So not much support over here for Dortmund, but I won't be surprised if he's the kill-joy for those of us backing Chrome and Beholder.

Isn't it interesting that the big three are not by so-called elite stallions and each is their sire's best horse to date.

In case you guys want to watch racing live at Del Mar and Saratoga today (who am I kidding? Of COURSE you do!), you can watch XBTV here: http://www.xbtv.com/watch-live/

No need for an account or anything. It's in ultra HD and has some really great commentators.

• I don't expect Dorty to win, but I still think he'll make me proud by bleeding pale anyone who tries to pass him. He'll make them earn that win! But safe travels to all.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thank you so much for link!
  • I thought this was Chrome's race before the post draw. Him in the one hole should make for a very interesting race!
  • edited August 2016
    Ashleyluvssugar just won the Del Mar Handicap. Pacific Classic next.

Gary Stevens just won the last two races at Del Mar (with Coldspell by Tapit, and just now with Ashleyluvssugar), and going for three in a row with Beholder.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    edited August 2016
    Beholder didn't look so good in the paddock. Really anxious.

DAMN Dortmund. And honestly, same to Dalmore. They look like a million bucks.
  • Yes, the commentators made mention of that, but she looks relaxed now.
    EliRose said:

Beholder didn't look so good in the paddock. Really anxious.

• Chrome is so chill. I think Beholder has certain antics peculiar to her. She looks focused and head in the game right now.
  • All I can say is whoever wins this race, will absolutely deserve it and all the praise that goes with it.
  • God bless Dortmund's pony...he's got his work cut out for him.
  • ENOUGH SAID!!!