Zayat Stables

KetaKeta Member
There are many Discussions on individual horses owned by Zayat Stables-Pioneer of the Nile, American Pharoah, American Cleopatra, Paynter. This offers a central Discussion for horses and information on the Zayats.

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    TDN Q & A: Ahmed Zayat
    By Gary King Wednesday, August 17, 2016
    The recent Arqana August Yearling Sale witnessed a flurry of international activity. One name that jumped off the list of buyers was that of Zayat Stables. Ahmed Zayat, an Egyptian-born entrepreneur, has tasted plenty of success since entering Thoroughbred racing in 2005. American Pharoah (Pioneerof the Nile), America’s first Triple Crown winner in 37 years, carried his famous silks throughout an historic campaign. TDN’s Gary King chatted to Ahmed about his purchases at Arqana, and the future direction of Zayat Stables.
    http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/tdn-q-a-ahmed-zayat/

"It’s going to be Zayat Stables in our silks, expanding it, with solid deep pockets and strong institutional support. Bringing good international bloodlines to the U.S. is only one part of it. We may also consider breeding in some international markets more than racing. "
  • KetaKeta Member
    Jour de Galop tweet on Sunday August 14 2016
    Lot 57 M. (Frankel x Manerbe)
    Vendeur : Ecurie des Monceaux
    Acheteur : Justin Casse - @ZayatStables
    Prix :410.000€
  • KetaKeta Member
    KY Derby Museum ‏@derbymuseum Aug 12
    Thanks to .@ZayatStables #AmericanPharoah's Triple Crown trophies will stay in the Museum's exhibit through 2016!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Zayat Stables ‏@ZayatStables Friday August 19 2016
    Busy morning at the Lukas barn.
    My Sweet Stella, Perplexed, Inouye, and Sharm all galloping.

@jazz3162 @JustinZayat
  • It is going to be interesting to watch these latest developments Mr. Zayat is pushing for with his new plan. Because of his generosity in sharing American Pharoah and simply watching his joy in the horse, I will be wishing them well. However, it does seem so grandiose and sweeping it gives me a little alarm reminiscent of IEAH going off in the back of my mind.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I am not sure what you mean...
  • IEAH were hedge fund investors who came to prominence with Big Brown, and in to many they were not well thought of, but that is just my opinion. Mr. Zayat is trying to find big investors in his global horse racing operation and that's the part that strikes me as close to the way IEAH was working back then. Of course, I am not in the racing business, just an outside observer, so I don't really know what is going on. I do wish the Zayats well and I'm grateful for how they have handled most of their horses. I don't express my thoughts very well, but hope that clarifies my post.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2016
    I know about IEAH. They had more than financial problems. Zayat has been through a bankruptcy. As long as he has good lawyers, business people , and accountants, he may be OK. He is going after high-end Euro bluebloods. Horseracing syndicates and ownerships have a lot of stories of fraud, financial shenanigans, and bankruptcies. It goes part-in-part of dreamers of quick money or big money and goes with the turf. I wish the Zayats well and good luck!
  • KetaKeta Member
    The Blood-Horse Monday August 22 2016
    Zayat Stables' homebred American Cleopatra, a full sister to Triple Crown winner American Pharoah, drilled six furlongs at Del Mar Aug. 22 in preparation for her scheduled start in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) early in September.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman Monday August 22 2016
    American Freedom, Jazzy Times work 5f in company, in 59 flat,
    for Sat stakes at SAR
  • Jazzy Times is running August 27th in the Ketel One Kings Bishop Stakes for 3 year olds going 7 furlongs at Saratoga. He will be ridden by Rafael Bejarano. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • Jazzy Times is running August 27th in the Ketel One Kings Bishop Stakes for 3 year olds going 7 furlongs at Saratoga. He will be ridden by Rafael Bejarano. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.

He was scratched.
  • Divine Shift is running August 28th in a maiden special weight for 3 year olds and upward going 6 furlongs at Woodbine. He will be ridden by James McAleney. He is trained by Reade Baker and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • Cairo Healer is running August 28th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 5 1/ furlongs at Del Mar. He will be ridden by Stewart Elliot. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • Spin Hard is running August 30th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going one mile at Indiana Grand Race Course. He will be ridden by Fernando De La Cruz. He is trained by Brad Cox and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • Cairo Healer is running August 28th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 5 1/ furlongs at Del Mar. He will be ridden by Stewart Elliot. He is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.

He finished 1st of 10.
  • Divine Shift is running August 28th in a maiden special weight for 3 year olds and upward going 6 furlongs at Woodbine. He will be ridden by James McAleney. He is trained by Reade Baker and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.

He finished 2nd of 6.
  • Orzo is running September 1st in a starter allowance race for fillies and mares 3 years old and upward going one mile on turf at Saratoga. She will be ridden by Angel Arroyo. She is trained by Rudy Rodriguez and bred and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • Joey B is running September 2nd in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 6 1/2 furlongs at Ellis Park. He will be ridden by Jon Court. He is trained by Brad Cox and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • Prayer For Relief is heading back to the US after being overseas for a year and a half!
  • American Cleopatra is running September 3rd in the Del Mar Debutante Stakes for 2 year old fillies going 7 furlongs at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Rafael Bejarano. She is trained by Bob Baffert and bred and owned by Zayat Stables LLC.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Today August 31 is Ahmed Zayat's birthday
    Happy Birthday Mr. Zayat
  • Article lists the others who won awards. Worth the read. Keta

Zayat Stables Named TOBA National Owner
    By Evan Hammonds The Blood-Horse September 10 2016
    The success of American Pharoah , the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years in 2015, propelled breeder/owner Zayat Stables to be named national owner of the year Sept. 10 during the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association’s national awards. The awards dinner, which also featured several other national awards and state awards—that had been previously announced-- took place at Barbara Banke’s pictureque Stonestreet Farm outside Lexington.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/214927/zayat-stables-named-toba-national-owner