Thoroughbred Ownership Experiences

Comments

• Congratulations! !!
  • Still in the no news is good news stage:

"Twilight King jogged 6 furlongs and galloped a mile each day through the week. Dermott is happier with the colt by the day. He's keen and in the bit on the track and continues to show a very sharp mind. He will continue to gallop for another week or so and then they will look to pick up the pace with him. He is turned out at night with another colt. "

I hope to be able to visit him next week.
  • That sounds awesome! Please take lots of pictures if you do!

I'm actually not sure if I'll get the chance to visit Noble Freud in person, as it sounds like her majority owners can't really accommodate us like Kosta Hronis has been able to. There are several other syndicates involved with Noble Freud though, so while I'm disappointed, I understand. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth driving 5-6+ hours to go watch her run in person if I can't actually go see her on the backside or stand in the winner's circle if she wins.

At this point I'm hoping that Cistron ships to the East Coast to race, so I can go see him.
  • jaefeatheredjaefeathered Member
    edited April 2017
    Noble Freud has officially been entered in her first race for us, the New York Stallion Series - Park Avenue Division Stakes this Saturday at Aqueduct!

4/22/2017 - Aqueduct Racetrack - Race 8 - 5:17 PM Eastern
    $100,000 Stakes - 6.5f on dirt - 3yo NY-bred fillies nominated to the NYSS

1 - Toni Tools - Angel Arroyo - Todd Pletcher - 122 lbs
    2 - Frosty Gal - Eric Cancel - Barclay Tagg - 116 lbs
    3 - Unbridledadventure - Dylan Davis - 116 lbs
    4 - Noble Freud - Irad Ortiz, Jr. - Chad Brown - 116 lbs
    5 - Dublin Girl - Rajiv Maragh - Dominick Schettino - 122 lbs
    6 - Bluegrass Flag - Kendrick Carmouche - Thomas Morley - 122 lbs
    7 - Karen Kan - Junior Alvarado - Danny Gargan - 116 lbs

Based off of my quick glance at their Equibase profiles, Bluegrass Flag definitely looks like the one to beat and will be very tough. I think Noble Freud looks to be second best here though, so if she can take a big step forward I think she'll be competitive. She's also carrying 6 lbs less than Bluegrass Flag so that should help a little bit.
  • Best of luck to her. Are you close enough to go see her?
  • No, not this time. :/ When I go up to see here it'll probably have to be an overnight trip at the very least, if not a full weekend trip.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Fancy mare, jaefeathered!
  • Our Dominator (aka Jack) has relocated to Palm Meadows. On his Facebook page there is a cute video of him having fun rolling in the sand pen.
  • I had to just look that up @lauraj_cincinnati - too cute!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Where are you Jae?
  • jaefeatheredjaefeathered Member
    edited April 2017
    A little bit south of DC. The furthest track I can comfortably get to in one day is Charles Town or Pimlico. I went to Parx last fall for PA Derby day and I was glad I stayed overnight.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I am in MD and if she races here, I would love to meet you. K I am close to Laurel and Charles town. Pimlico is also a doable drive. Fun. K
  • Sure thing! I'm hoping she'll be good enough to come down for the Charles Town Oaks in the fall or something, but we'll see. She's got a ways to go before that happens.
  • Our Dominator (3-Year-Old Colt)

Date: April 22, 2017
    Track: PALM MEADOWS TRAINING CENTER
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 39:35 Breezing
    Track Condition: Firm
    Surface: Turf
  • Good luck and safe trip to Noble Freud today!
  • Thanks! She didn't break as quick as we'd hoped. I think she could have outrun Bluegrass Flag on the lead if she'd been able to get there, but oh well. Second in a stakes certainly isn't anything to be ashamed of.
  • Congratulations, on having another stakes caliber horse!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Yaeh!
  • Thank you! I think she'll just need to gun for the lead next time though, even if she doesn't break well. Also I had mentioned that we might be getting a third horse soon, but the deal fell through. LRF is still plugging away, looking for more awesome horses for us though. :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    Who finished third, BTW?
  • Dude
  • Frosty Gal got up for third.
  • Thanks! She didn't break as quick as we'd hoped. I think she could have outrun Bluegrass Flag on the lead if she'd been able to get there, but oh well. Second in a stakes certainly isn't anything to be ashamed of.

It gives her black type. :-) Good for her, good for her dam, good for her siblings. Not that they need much help, but it never, ever hurts.
  • Nope, not at all! All of Noble Fire's offspring now have blacktype actually, which is pretty impressive. Hopefully they'll all be stakes winners too at some point ;)
  • My boy still doing well, Same-o same-o.

"Twilight King continues to jog 6 furlongs and gallop a steady mile each day. He is getting stronger and building up good muscle. He's going to the gate at least twice a week. He remains on night turn out with another 2YO colt. The plan is to let him pick up the pace for the final furlong of his gallop in early May. Dermott is very happy with how he's coming along."