Thoroughbred Ownership Experiences

Comments

• Thanks!

As promised, here are some pictures of her:

Also direct links to videos of her breaking her maiden at first asking:
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/OP/2017/2/16/7/race-7-msw-at-op-on-2-16-17
    http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/0/201702161715OPM7/
  • Best of luck! I'll be sure to put her in my virtual stable.

She has kind eyes. :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    She really is a pretty girl!
  • jaefeatheredjaefeathered Member
    edited April 2017
    Cistron had his first workout back after his third place effort in the Pasadena today. I just love this guy.

Cistron (3-Year-Old Colt)

Date: 4/1/2017
    Track: Santa Anita
    Distance: 4 Furlongs
    Time: 48.20
    Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
    Notes: Handily

• Noble Freud worked again today =)

Noble Freud (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: 4/2/2017
    Track: Belmont Park
    Distance: 4 Furlongs
    Time: 48.76
    Surface: Dirt training
    Notes: Breezing
  • Weekly update on my guy. All is well:

"Twilight King continues to jog 6 furlongs and gallop a solid mile every day as they build his foundation. We are essentially in a "no news is good news" stage of his training at this point. The colt is doing everything that is asked of him exactly as they want it. He is on turn out with another 2YO colt. Dermott couldn't be happier with his progress."
  • When do they think they'll start to breeze him and then race him?
  • He may start to breeze in a few weeks. If he races at all as a 2-year-old it will be late in the season. He may not start until next year. His breeder/trainer doesn't expect him to mature early. They seem to think he has a good mind, so it sound like his brain will be ready to race when his body is ready.

I'm still trying to plan a visit to see him at Margaux. April is always busy for me with Keeneland and the Rolex 3-day event; plus my dad is moving to California and I've been helping him with stuff.
  • A good mind is key for a good racehorse, for sure.

I wish I could share more details like that with you guys about Cistron and Noble Freud, but LRF has told us we have to keep it strictly confidential. I was really hoping to be able to give you guys more information than I am. At least when I go to visit Noble Freud sometime (probably this summer), I should be able to take pictures and post them here, and tell you a little more about my experiences.
  • I am happy that both of you are able to pursue your dream of owning a racehorse and I look forward to reading your updates, Jae, however incomplete you think they may be. I personally think it's a real treat! :)
  • Yeah, I've really just been having an absolute blast with it all. I'm really looking forward to the website that LRF is planning on launching for their partners as well (supposed to be later this spring). From what it sounds like, we'll get to communicate with some of the other crowdfunding partners through that platform, which I'm really looking forward to. I've met a few of the other partners through Twitter and they're all awesome so far.
  • jaefeatheredjaefeathered Member
    edited April 2017
    Yeah! Bullet work for Cistron!

Cistron (3-Year-Old Colt)

Date: April 7, 2017
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 59:60
    Surface: Dirt
    Notes: Handily

• Excellent work!
  • edited April 2017
    I don't know if this counts as an ownership experience, but does anyone remember a TBSX horse called The Dominator? I bought a (non)share of him just before everything went south. Even though the whole TBSX ownership thing fell through, I am still following him. His official name is Our Dominator. His barn name is Jack. I've been following his progress via his Facebook page. He's at Gulfstream Park West and just recorded his first official workout. His connections are very enthusiastic about him. He is also very cute.
  • I don't know if this counts as an ownership experience, but does anyone remember a TBSX horse called The Dominator? I bought a (non)share of him just before everything went south. Even though the whole TBSX ownership thing fell through, I am still following him. His official name is Our Dominator. His barn name is Jack. I've been following his progress via his Facebook page. He's at Gulfstream Park West and just recorded his first official workout. His connections are very enthusiastic about him. He is also very cute.

I had a share also and still following him. Yes, he is cute!
  • I still have him in my Equibase stable and definitely took note of his first workout the other day. I hope he ends up doing well!
  • Noble Freud worked again today =) We also have races in mind for both her and Cistron, but LRF doesn't like us to advertise which races we're pointing at until they're entered. I should be able to tell you about Cistron's next race soon though, and Noble Freud's shouldn't be too long after that.

Noble Freud (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: April 9, 2017
    Track: BELMONT PARK
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 49.69
    Surface: Dirt training
    Notes: Breezing
  • Update on my guy--no change from last week.

Twilight King continues to jog 6 furlongs and gallop a steady mile every day. Dermott says he's doing great. He's getting stronger and building muscle by the day. He will start picking up the pace in the next 7-14 days and work his way up to breezing. He's on night turn out with another 2YO colt. They are very happy with his progress to this point.
  • Glad to hear he's still doing well! No news is good news at that stage of training.

We got another update from LRF today about a possible third horse, so keep your fingers crossed! Hopefully this one doesn't have any hiccups or take as long to close as Noble Freud haha. It sounds like we may even be going after a fourth horse after this, so we'll see =)
  • At this rate, you are going to need a whole wall for winner's circle photos. :)
  • That's what I'm hoping! Best $500 I ever spent hahaha
  • Surprise! Cistron arrived at Oaklawn Park this morning =) He's going to be entered in the $150,000 Northern Spur on Saturday, which is a mile and a sixteenth on the dirt.

• KMMKMM Member
    edited April 2017
    <3 which one is Cistron?
  • He's the bay who comes onto the screen second.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thought so. Nice boy!